• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Exercises for bad low back

maxmuscle1

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have a herniated L4-5, L5-S1 and would like suggestions on movements that I can do safely to help strengthen this area. I was performing deadlifts and bent over rows about ten days ago and hurt myself. The pain is getting better but I really would appreciate any help. I have been using ice and heat intermittent for the pain. My ROM is still limited at this time.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give rack pulls a try instead of DL's, start light see how it feels. The hamstring motion of deadlifts can be compensated with isolation of the hamstrings.

Also, instead of bent of rows try seal rows, where you lay completely flat on an elevated bench and pull to you, that way your spine is forced straight. And again, start light and see how it feels from there

Give rack pulls a try instead of DL's, start light see how it feels. The hamstring motion of deadlifts can be compensated with isolation of the hamstrings.

Also, instead of bent of rows try seal rows, where you lay completely flat on an elevated bench and pull to you, that way your spine is forced straight. And again, start light and see how it feels from there

Thanks. I will try them!

Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are an endless amount of things that can cause back pain and no one movement or treatment will benefit everyone and nothing is going to cure you only help you manage the pain and whatever the issue is. My decades of experience tells me the large muscle groups are largely irrelevant in managing spinal alignment which may or may not be part of your problem. You want to focus on the small stabilizing muscles transversus abdominis and multifidus look them up. Things like the bird-dog movement and the cat and camel movement things they will have you do you if doc ever sends you for PT which you don't need you can do on your own. Also focus on exercises for the hip flexors and glutes and hamstrings to keep them strong and flexible since they are all pulling and tugging on your pelvis like an asian masseuse on rober kraft. I do the rack pulls as other guy suggested safer than deadlifts which almost put me under the knife a few months ago. Also farmer walks or suitcase walks I carry 1 or 2 dumbells anywhere btw 85-120 lbs just depending on the day i am having. Works the larger core muscles, glutes, etc. Something i have found a huge benefit over the years is the precor commercial elliptical. It must be the precor commercial with the adjustable ramp not those elliptical knockoffs where your feet rotate in an oblong un-natural motion. Stand straight up on it while using not leaning forward like many do drive from your hips down into the feet and make your glutes /hams/thigh muscles do the work based on the angle of the ramp. 30 minutes a day build up the resistance you can adjust over time I have found this not only builds stamina in those muscles but you can feel it in your ab muscle as well if you do it right and keep you hands off the bars and stand straight and balance on your own feels great for me at least if I miss more than two days on the elliptical my spine lets me know. Not sure whats causing your limited ROM is this inflammation or nerve compression? Makes a big difference. If its short term inflammation ask for an epidural to help bridge the gap until you become mobile. Chronic inflammation then your fkd get used to taking drugs and same with nerve compression they arent going to cut you until your legs or your dick stop working. good luck.

Back