• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Old guy getting back on, advice ?

Jimmy18E

Jimmy18E
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I joined up a little while back, been lurking a while before that and learned some new stuff from you guys, thanks. I'm retired military, 55 yrs old, 245 at 6"2. I am a defense contractor and still very active. I have several cycles under my belt, but last one was 4 1/2 years ago. I cruise (TRT?) on 450 mg cyp a week.

Just started a new cycle, 2nd week in, 4th pin tonight. Never tried a blend, so figured I would this time. .75 Tren A/ .75 test Prop/.75 Mast and 150mg test Cyp EOD. I will add Win tabs (50mg ed) on week 6 and taper off the blend end of week 8 and run the test cyp and win tabs out until 50 tabs are gone. Then back on my test Cyp cruise. My strength jumped yesterday which was a good sign, some night sweats starting, but nothing dramatic. I've used Tren A before on a prior cycle at 100mg eod and had issues and backed it off to .75 and was ok.

Im taking B6 and Milk thistle and eat very clean. Will run blood test on week 4 and on week 8, my doctor is on board with monitoring. My goals are not to really add weight, but to harden up/vascular, drop a few pounds/BF. I'm already vascular pre cycle.

Any guidance/feed back would be helpful, I believe i'm tracking right but if i'm screwed up, not too far in to make adjustments.

Thanks guys,
Jimmy

450mg test per week for cruising? That's a cycle by itself. What was your test level at with just that?

Most recent blood test was last month, had VA do it and also showed to my personal doctor. It did not include test level, because the VA did it and I did not want any questions from them on why my test levels were high.. But liver function/levels were all in normal parameters. My next blood text in week 4 will be done by an outside lab, I have the order already and test levels will be checked.

Jimmy

Good for you to know what your levels are. TRT is like 125 per week. But, at your size and ass-kicking military level, I wont argue. :D
Glad you are here,and thank you for your service sir...

That’s a huge dose for “trt”, especially at 55. People worry too much about liver numbers. Of course it should be monitored but just farther down the list.

450mg has nothing to do with TRT. If your cycles are 2g, it's a cruise. Otherwise it's a cycle on itself.

I don't understand the reasoning behind anyone over 40 to use tren, orals or anything that's harsh. You would benefit from some quality HGH.

Well, I appreciate the feed back, really do. Kind of hard to admitting/adjusting to getting older and having to back things down, especially after decades of high tempo work/life. My test numbers are good, I do at least two a year and only had really skewed numbers once where doctors were freaked out. But that was due to almost two years of constant use of malaria meds where I was working.

Ill run this cycle out as long as my two test numbers show good/safe levels.

Then Ill re-think what I need to be doing for the long haul. Guy's, whats a realistic TRT then for a guy who is active, works out 5 days a week ? I would consider HGH, but I have cancer history in my family and some of the info I have read up on scares me a bit.

Feed back greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

I am kind of in the same boat. I juiced for most of my adult life, then took a 6 year break from juice, gym and all the craziness. I about 8 months ago (3 months from my 50th birthday) I decided to pick up the iron again. I had been back in the gym (clean) for 4 months before I started gear again. I did some research and found a good place to get the proper meds (pharmacomstore.ws). I ran 750mg a week of Test E for 8 weeks and 200 of Tren E for 5 weeks with a 2 week overlap of the meds. I didn't gain as much over all as I wanted, but I managed to gain 20 lbs and yet bring my abs out (not bad for 50 years old). I forgot how lean Tren can make you. I plan to to run another cycle in a couple months. I am thinking Sustonon 1 G/week and maybe some Deca or Primo. have to see what my mood is. I am not one of the young lions in the gym and a lot more things hurt, but is nice to be back on and having some fun with it.

Jimmy, everyone's test levels are different, due to SHBG and the hormone cascade. Some people can run 150 mgs a week and dial in 1000 ng/dl with very little e2, and some guys convert to e2 more and get free test locked up in SHBG. It's best to dial it in on your own as most docs are not that skilled. You can run some tests outside of doctors (privatemdlabs) and work on your dosing program to get the sweet spot.

For me (43 - 6'0 - 200) I can run 175 mgs a week with no AI and be in the 1000 ng/dl range if my diet is clean. It took me some time years ago to get that dialed in. Over the age of 45-50 I would watch cardio capacity if using tren to monitor left ventricular hypertrophy, but I'm more cautious than the average AAS user.

For supplements to help with hormone cascade you may want to research magnesium l-threonate, vitamin k2-mk4 (menaquinone) (interesting compound for cancer risk), and vitamin d3. I don't recommend mega doses of anything, but generally, those are good to have for everyone, not just AAS users.

Back