• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ground Turkey......

Skinnyguy180

Waiting to be isekai'd
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Was looking at the nutrition facts and was curious- is the missing weight from a serving of ground turkey water? See below from jeanie o website

Serving size-112g
Protein-21g
Fat-8g
0carbs

Which leaves 83 grams of what? I was thinking water but didnt know for sure.

Serving size is weight. Nothing to do with macros. Means a 4 oz serving. 21g of protein is 84 calories, 8 grams of fat (which sounds like a lot for ground turkey) is 72 calories. So the package should state close to 156 calories per serving.

Double check that fat number. That can't be right

Last edited:
You know what? I happen to be in the food store right now and you are right. 21g protein, and 8 grams of fat. Meaning this so called lean turkey is 40% fat. Lol. Stick to chicken and fish

Yep some of the ground turkey is no better than ground beef same goes for ground chicken plus all the sodium and other crap they put in it like Rosemary extract WTF!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what? I happen to be in the food store right now and you are right. 21g protein, and 8 grams of fat. Meaning this so called lean turkey is 40% fat. Lol. Stick to chicken and fish
Chicken is also 45% fat

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Chicken is also 45% fat

I assume you mean ground chicken? I should have mentioned that fresh unprocessed turkey is a good choice along with fresh fish, and fresh chicken.

This is for Tyson Chicken Breast Tenderloins

110 calories
5% fat
95% protein
0% carbs

Chicken Breast Tenderloins

Fresh chicken raised with no antibiotics ever is the first step in any great recipe.

*Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients.

Serving Size: 4 OZ. SERVING (112g)
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories 110 Calories From Fat 5
  • Total Fat 0.5g 1%
  • Saturated Fat 0g 0%
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • Cholesterol 55mg 18%
  • Sodium 40mg 2%
  • Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
  • Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
  • Sugar 0g
  • Protein 26g 52%

Thanks guys! I didnt realize people responded to this thread.. Tapatalk never tells me any more....

https://www.nationalchickencouncil....-and-budget/the-nutritional-value-of-chicken/

I use this website to dial in my chicken calories. I think it has probably the most authentic values. If it doesn't, well shame on them for calling themselves national chicken council.

Fresh meat is good, even goat meat. Ymif you get your desired cut. Is pretty lean. Shit gets fucked up with ground and processed meat.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

too bad seagulls arent good to eat, cause they are everywhere

Back