• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Lateral collateral ligament----torn

Havent experienced that specifically, but I've torn ligaments in my ankle and kept training when I "thought" I was healed, and I've torn a ligament in my wrist and actually followed physical therapy protocol. The difference between the two now? I have limited range of motion in my left ankle, and when its taken to the extreme range of motion it feels painful and like the ligaments are so tight that they are going to tear all over again. That ankle is prone to reinjury, and my calves are a-symmetrical because obviously when lifting the range of motion is different between both calves. As for my wrist, I have full range of motion, and although I experience occasional pain when lifting heavy, it doesnt feel as if its prone to reinjury like my ankle. Also, the wife is a PTA, so what it boils down to....
Keep training a torn muscle or a torn ligament, and especially if you are going heavy, you are going to damage it further. If you go light but continue to train hard, you are going to have it heal improperly and prolong the healing process due to the constant inflammation. If you have insurance, go to a doctor, go through physical therapy, and follow their plan. If not, R.I.C.E. it initially and give it time to properly heal (depending on severity, I'm saying weeks to months). If you are too damn eager and rush into it thinking that it's healed but feel pain, back off and give it more time because it isnt healed properly. It truly is a one step forward, two steps back deal if you rush the healing and start working out when you feel you are ready. Listen to your body.

Wow! Guess that is what I kinda knew but didn't want to think aloud. If there is any good luck in this it is that it happened at work with my supervisor standing nearby. He heard the ''POP".
waiting on wrkrs. comp. to authorize MRI.

Back