• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Importance of Circadian Rhythm/Sleep on Training

ResistingNut

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Alright guys. So I wanted to get some input from my brothers around here and hopefully have a constructive discussion on this. I know that sleep or rest as many of us refer to it, is pivotal for our training and recovery.

I am one of those guys that is always asleep by 11pm. I never stay up late and sleep in till the afternoon hours. My friends want to hang out till wee hours of the night and I’m always that one guy that heads home early to be in bed and asleep by 11.

I have a buddy of mine that stays up every night till 2-3am and sleeps till noon or later. When he comes and trains with me on occasion, he is half asleep when he gets to the gym and looks tired.

Now, the circadian rhythm, we all know the importance of that. From the release of GH, to the secretion of sex hormone in the mornings and peak testosterone levels, to things like protein synthesis to the timing of our meals etc etc. I understand that we can’t follow this perfectly. Our lives, work schedules, responsibilities etc etc play a role on that.

What I want to know is how important is having your circadian rhythm be on track when it comes to your training, getting gainZ, recovery, etc. Also, what does your sleep schedule look like? Am I the only cat that goes to bed early and wakes up early to conquer the day? Does staying up late and sleeping late have an impact on our training and recovery?

Hopefully we can have a good discussion on this topic. For now, I am headed to sleep of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no knowledge of the subject you speak of . Lately I’ve been sleeping 4am-815am then 10am until 1230pm . I take melatonin 5mg before bed . When I get up I take a Benadryl . I always feel tired as of lately. I sometimes take a 20-44 minute nap around 8pm

Back