• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

So its Morphine now to stop contractions at 35 weeks ?

ROID

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So my small town hospital can't deliver a baby before 36 weeks

They are drugging her to stop contractions for 8 days now. 6 visits to the labor and delivery department and every time more drugs and tonight it was morphine.

What is a step above ?? A fucking morphine drip because they want her to hold off another week???????

So my small town hospital can't deliver a baby before 36 weeks

They are drugging her to stop contractions for 8 days now. 6 visits to the labor and delivery department and every time more drugs and tonight it was morphine.

What is a step above ?? A fucking morphine drip because they want her to hold off another week???????
Fuck that sucks..is there any concerns with these drugs & the baby?

15% off code unlisted
http://www.steroidforyou.com/
I do not condone the use of AAS/Drugs ..Please do the proper research needed

She has been having contractions for 8 days.

Put her own blood pressure medicine , which we were told was a muscle relaxor to stop contractions.

4 visits to the hospital that day until day 7 of contractions which they then gave her tylenol 3 for pain because she couldn't stand or sit. This was yesterday.

Today its morphine to stop contractions. Now she is home and having another contraction as im typing this.

More morphine i suppose ?

She has been having contractions for 8 days.

Put her own blood pressure medicine , which we were told was a muscle relaxor to stop contractions.

4 visits to the hospital that day until day 7 of contractions which they then gave her tylenol 3 for pain because she couldn't stand or sit. This was yesterday.

Today its morphine to stop contractions. Now she is home and having another contraction as im typing this.

More morphine i suppose ?
Fuck bro ..how far is a real hospital?

15% off code unlisted

One hour.

Heading out in the morning if she can make it. Only 1cm dilation but my concern is the fucking drugs and the fact they want to use something more potent every damn day

That has to be torture in her..I guess the morphine would settle her down ,,hwever i just dont know the effects these drugs would have on the baby..

Good luck man..i feel your pain..Its tough to sit & watch your loved 1 in so much pain ,,plus knowing your baby is there with her..

I pray for the best brother..Im sure all will be fine ,,,just keeping her confortable is your only option at this point unless you can find away to another hospital that would admit her at this stage..

Fuck idk man..U got me worried ..

15% off code unlisted

My wife had 2 early c sections & if i had to go again i would vote for the c section..Its alot easier on the baby imho ..But i guess it depends on the situation..

15% off code unlisted

It's standard for non-progressional labor. I know it's hard because you care so much. I've been there. There's nothing wrong with double checking what they do. Medical mistakes are way too common.

Sheriv probly knows alot about this situation im guessing

15% off code unlisted

Its common to want to stop contractions at 35 weeks ?

The baby is fine. Heirs good but to stop contractions for another 7 days ? What quantity of drugs will that take ????

Again, this hospital can not handle a birth before 36 weeks so who are they really looking out for ?

IML Gear Cream!
It's standard for non-progressional labor. I know it's hard because you care so much. I've been there. There's nothing wrong with double checking what they do. Medical mistakes are way too common.

You mean since dilation has progressed ?

Its common to want to stop contractions at 35 weeks ?

The baby is fine. Heirs good but to stop contractions for another 7 days ? What quantity of drugs will that take ????

Again, this hospital can not handle a birth before 36 weeks so who are they really looking out for ?
I thought i read yrs back when my youngest was born a healthy delivery is considered 38-42wks anytbing before is consisedered premature but not sure..

Im guessing its the lungs that develop last so this is their concern with being such early contractions..Morphine must be the lesser of 2 evils..

Either way bro GL..I know you had BP issues not to long ago & this isnt helpin..

Imho an hr drive is worth it if she can handle it..

15% off code unlisted

38 is ideal

She is 35 weeks and a boys lungs do develop slower but holding off contractions with more and more drugs . I just dont know and I want a second opinion.

If Im wrong then so be it.

Also wife said she was on potasium she thinks to stop contactions & slow down labor..Its was by IV though..They delayed ours to try to have vaginal birth but had c section still

15% off code unlisted

Keep an eye on her BP man. My wife developed pre-eclampsia pretty quick with our oldest and they finally quit stopping her contractions at 35 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

He was born at 35 weeks perfectly healthy, light but healthy otherwise.

So im not over reacting by wanting to get another opinion from another hospital equipped to handle babies born before 36 weeks ?

Nah. Especially if they're not keeping an eye on the mother and just trying to keep the baby in until after 36 weeks. Our hospital wasn't concerned in the least with keeping the baby in once my wife was dumping protein in her urine and BP shot up. That'd be my concern. A real hospital can handle a baby at 35 weeks no problem.

So im not over reacting by wanting to get another opinion from another hospital equipped to handle babies born before 36 weeks ?

Not at all... Get to another hospital and get another opinion. Stay strong Roid, this is a terrifying time but it will all be worth it in the end.

Good luck to you and the lady.

Did ya make the trip?

15% off code unlisted

How much morphine is she receiving ? The main concern is how much of it has passed through to the fetus. And that won't be known until he is born. Morphine is an opiate and with that the concern of opiate overdoses is respiratory depression and arrest. I would be asking a lot of questions as to the capability of that hospital to handle neonatal emergencies. If his breathing is depressed your gonna want someone there there that knows what the hell is going and is able to take the right steps to resolve and stabilize. There is a drug I use all the time on opiate overdoses it's called Narcan. It will almost immediately reverse the opiate overdose. Ask her Dr's what dosage of Narcan is for a neonate. I'm not trying to scare you and I'm sure everything will be fine and your going to have a healthy baby boy! I've been in your shoes when my wife went into pre-term labor at 24wks with my twins. Everything worked out but I can remember feeling completely helpless and not in control. keep us posted.

Get Shredded!
Morphines horrible when it comes to bioavailability so orally 30mg your really only getting like 15-20mg after digestion. Intramuscular prolly 75%ish of dose and iv obviously 100% As well as dilaudid. I wouldnt think itd pass much on orally but im no dr. Just a former pillhead who loved his dillys. And roxys.

I just had a child myself. And it's amazing how much bro science they try. Every doc is different also amazing how much bullshit they try to give you and your child for no reason.. Most of this shit they truly don't need.. And wtf you stop contractions for she is only 1cm.... Honestly I like you but your an idiot for letting them drug her up.. Not only is her birth going to suffer your more likely to have an angry baby....

Lucky i i have a wife that doesn't believe in western medicine and we had an all natural birth.. No bullshit no drugs and we had no fucking problems... Lucky I know.. But it was the easiest birth most people have ever heard of.. Also my little girl is the best behave child out of 4 little baby our friends and family have when we come together also the youngest and more alert better with feeding all around... I'd surest you better research all the other shit they are going to try and give your wife and child. You don't have much time left..

1 cm with no thinning and efacing is not a reason to panic. Woman that have has more than one baby typically walk around about a cm dialed from the second trimester on.
Her hydration should be way up to help prevent contractions...get her sugar free powerade or pedialyte and a fuck load of water. Magnesium sulfate aka Epsom salts can slow contractions markedly...several cups in a bath will work.

Baby boy lungs take a little longer they should be considering steroid shots if the contractions havr any sort of pattern. Contractions with no pattern though uncomfortable don't require any medication without thinning and effacement.
All of that said I delivered one of my daughters at 34 weeks. Spontaneous rupture of membranes. She spent zero time in a nicu. Both of my subsequent daughters were born at 37 weeks. All of my girls are healthy without deficits.

Did anyone mention Braxton hicks?

Morphine????? They wouldn't even let my wife take an aspirin when she was pregnant.. That sounds very odd to me.. My experience is only limited to one kid. So maybe someone else could chime in.

So in the end id say do whatever ya can naturally for the wife,,2nd opinion at a better hospital & u take the morphine to relax until baby comes...

Perfect world bro..GL u will be a changed man if this is ur 1st & if its ur 2nd or 3rd it doesnt get better after the 1st..lmfao

15% off code unlisted

Back