• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Back progress, I think? Is this stupid thing growing?

bwh998

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have dysmorphia issues so I really cant tell. Been lifting for a year, natty, is this decent progress?

IMG_20151107_120443284_zpskez19cxr.jpg

IMG_20151030_124803844_zpsugy7ias1.jpg

Those pics are about a month old, here is what I looked like Jan of last year:

IMG_20150129_193034073_zpsw7vnvw7x.jpg

A Tape measure, before and after pics... This is the best way to see your own progress. mirrors help also. Future reference take off your shirt for pics to be compared.

your back has good width up top but you need to focus on lower lats.
over all solid progress for a year being natty and all.
also if you want to look bigger, just get leaner . instant illusion of size

I tried measuring but could never manage to hold the tape and flex at the same time. I will get.some shirtless pics after next back day.

your back has good width up top but you need to focus on lower lats.
over all solid progress for a year being natty and all.
also if you want to look bigger, just get leaner . instant illusion of size

Thanks for the tip man, I will go read up on lower lat exercises.

Stick to mainly compound lifts and cables, learn to flex each muscle really well before each set.. If you cant flex it, your hindering progress. Create a strategy by using a proper nutrition plan with correct training. Ignore the lower lat comment, that's ridiculous.

Thanks for the tip man, I will go read up on lower lat exercises.

no prob. i built my back with pretty much 3 exercises, pull ups, bent over rows and dead lifts.
i dont train it hard anymore because it starts to over power the rest of me.

Your waist definitely looks tighter. Keep it up bro!

I'm dealing with an elbow injury right now so the deadlifts bent over rows have been tough. I can still manage the cable rows decently.

Keep up the good work!and props on the natty GAINZ! Stay natural as long as possible! Good job

HAMMER-ANABOLICS@countermail.com

Thanks man. I did an oral only cycle and a test e cycle back in the early 2000s, and to be honest, going natty fucking sucks. I'm just doing it until I can get my diet and routine dialed in, will probably go back on this spring.

Fwiw, running some test will speed the fat burning process way up IF your nutrition plan is dialed in. There is a lot of great info here and IMF for food plans and training. I'm not trying to pursuade you to use aaa, it just seemed to me by your post you may not have known that. Keep up your good work👍🏻

Fwiw, running some test will speed the fat burning process way up IF your nutrition plan is dialed in. There is a lot of great info here and IMF for food plans and training. I'm not trying to pursuade you to use aaa, it just seemed to me by your post you may not have known that. Keep up your good work👍🏻

Thanks man, that's pretty much it, I keep putting the cycle off is because my diet is shitty and spotty. I'm getting better though.

Stick to mainly compound lifts and cables, learn to flex each muscle really well before each set.. If you cant flex it, your hindering progress. Create a strategy by using a proper nutrition plan with correct training. Ignore the lower lat comment, that's ridiculous.

why is the lower lat comment ridiculous ? yeah lower lat insertion has a lot to do with genetics , but most recreational type bodybuilders have over powering upper backs with big traps and rear delts compared to actual lat development

Thanks man, that's pretty much it, I keep putting the cycle off is because my diet is shitty and spotty. I'm getting better though.
I agree with hf03. Compound movements. Pull-ups are great imo.

definitely look slimmer in the waistline which makes you look wider up top. Good job man, looking good

@bctjim, he's got a year under his belt. In short, even though there's more than one way to skin a cat. in my opinion he will be best served by compound lifts, cables, proper mechanics and proper eating. But to focus on lower lats at this point in time isn't giving sound advice. once he loses some fat and you can see some LBM...maybe go from there. Sorry if you took my comment personal.

Aries mentioned pull-ups. I 100% agree.

When I started out I really hammered the pull ups and didn't really notice much progress. I still do them but I focus more on rows now and that seemed to kickstart some back growth.

Also one of my last is bigger than the other, would pinning the smaller lat help even them out?

Get Shredded!
Also one of my last is bigger than the other, would pinning the smaller lat help even them out?
No, you need to start with the side that is lacking. Try to get one more rep in. Do you have any wrist or shoulder problems? I think you did say you had a elbow problem right now? Is that on that side that's lacking?

No is correct.
How old are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I started out I really hammered the pull ups and didn't really notice much progress. I still do them but I focus more on rows now and that seemed to kickstart some back growth.

most likely your form is wrong. I suggest using the weight pull up machine for leverage until you can properly do a pull up with correct form. Flexing the entire back is key.

no, it wouldn't, AAS are systemic. Nobody has perfect symmetry but I bet you are lifting more weight than you need to and using poor form and rather than a controlled ROM each rep.. I would invest time and money in a good trainer.

@bctjim, he's got a year under his belt. In short, even though there's more than one way to skin a cat. in my opinion he will be best served by compound lifts, cables, proper mechanics and proper eating. But to focus on lower lats at this point in time isn't giving sound advice. once he loses some fat and you can see some LBM...maybe go from there. Sorry if you took my comment personal.

Aries mentioned pull-ups. I 100% agree.

Have I ever told you, your avi is fucking awesome!!!

103% because giving 100% sets limits on what you can do!

why is the lower lat comment ridiculous ? yeah lower lat insertion has a lot to do with genetics , but most recreational type bodybuilders have over powering upper backs with big traps and rear delts compared to actual lat development

I was on my phone then but Im at my computer now... Theres a 1000 different reasons why I said what I did but another simple one is *think lower abs and how do you get them to show*

Last edited:
No, you need to start with the side that is lacking. Try to get one more rep in. Do you have any wrist or shoulder problems? I think you did say you had a elbow problem right now? Is that on that side that's lacking?

Yeah my left elbow is a little fucked, but the lats have been uneven since before the injury.

hahaha! I know right, she's one fine ass woman:winkfinger:

Have I ever told you, your avi is fucking awesome!!!

103% because giving 100% sets limits on what you can do!

He most likely needs to learn how to flex each muscle equally, so he's working from a good solid foundation with proper muscle activation. adding reps to even out...? thats not very logical.

Back