• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🏋️‍👨‍⚕ Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! ⚕🏥

Bodybuilding stereotype

GettingSwole

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Do you think most bodybuilders look like the guy from planet fitness commercial.
German accent. Stringer and dumb.
Or is the majority of bodybuilders smart?

They walk around like they have sunburned armpits.

BBers come in all shapes and sizes just like any other group . Some are very intelligent and thoughtful , some complete ass holes . We are not perfect by virtue of what we are doing , striving and fighting to be better .

The smart ones are probably also very successful, but like every group you have all types. The dumb ones just make it harder on the rest because they are focused on to give gear and bodybuilding a bad name.

they is mostly fucking meat heads

stereotypes ( yes ALL of them) have a basis in reality

They walk around like they have sunburned armpits.

Ha! ^^^

The REAL big boys play it cool. Down here that's 250-260+.

Never see them wearing tanks in the gym. All hoodies, headphones, no fucking eye contact.

Ha! ^^^

The REAL big boys play it cool. Down here that's 250-260+.

Never see them wearing tanks in the gym. All hoodies, headphones, no fucking eye contact.

Never understood the hoodies. I do not like clothing touching my body when I get sweaty. Shorts and a wife beater for me

IML Gear Cream!
i do the hoodie, and long sleeve sweats/ thermal shirts..

i like the sweat i get

and keeps all the faggots from cruising me while i train..

never seen such homo shit til i started lifting weights, its fucking weird

I am no bodybuilder but, I wear a hoodie, T, and standard cut tank in the gym. In most cases I only strip down to the T once I start getting sweaty..unless it is real hot...seems like once I get that hot my performance takes a dip if I don't strip layers. With that, I can't stand people taking their damn shirts off or shirts cut down to their shorts. I think the stereotype thing is probably deserved..some walk around like they are the shit..and you should know it. Though, we should be able to tell by looking at the individual... the general Planet Fitness member can't.

I am no bodybuilder but, I wear a hoodie, T, and standard cut tank in the gym. In most cases I only strip down to the T once I start getting sweaty..unless it is real hot...seems like once I get that hot my performance takes a dip if I don't strip layers. With that, I can't stand people taking their damn shirts off or shirts cut down to their shorts. I think the stereotype thing is probably deserved..some walk around like they are the shit..and you should know it. Though, we should be able to tell by looking at the individual... the general Planet Fitness member can't.

Yeah, with nipples hanging out constantly. Tired of seeing that shit.

I won't lie, I'm guilty of wearing a stringer on back day so I can see how my muscles are engaging. I don't do much talking in the gym, I tend to stay extremely focused. Although I do like to watch my muscles engage, and especially when I am running tren and can see results almost immediately. I agree with Lou although; it is really a case to case thing - I know some morons at the gym. Although I also know an engineer and programmer, so it really varies. I personally don't like the meat head stereo type - I won't say I am the most intelligent guy but I'm definitely not a complete nimrod.

i do the hoodie, and long sleeve sweats/ thermal shirts..

i like the sweat i get

and keeps all the faggots from cruising me while i train..

never seen such homo shit til i started lifting weights, its fucking weird

You train with the village people bro? :lol:

Always here a lot of women complain about the "meatheads" at the gym. I question them on this...because I hate the stereotype they give. Often, they say a guy on gear looks "totally fake" and they walk around like "gorillas."

So I guy in great shape can't show off some at the gym. But a girl can wear yoga pants and have her cleavage out to make us sweat. Why don't they wear baggy sweat pants and a long t-shirt?

Same reason, attention.

That stereotype wont go away because of the uneducated & media vampires & one track minds who don't see all groups are diverse.
On the gym wear, I use 4yr old shorts,tanks & fairly new hoodies I wash with one cup vinegar to get the funk out. I don't walk around like, Do You See Me? This is a gym not a f***ing fashion show.

Sent from The Iron Pile

I would say that bodybuilding is an inherently a narcissistic sport, which unfortunately makes some who train for it self absorbed and unjustifiably arrogant. However there are all types, and I would steer clear of broad labels for any community.

The smart ones are probably also very successful, but like every group you have all types. The dumb ones just make it harder on the rest because they are focused on to give gear and bodybuilding a bad name.
Yeah, look at Shawn Ray. If I remember right he made a crap ton of money with real estate deals

Im no bodybuilder yet, a little late start im prob mini compared to ya'll 6'1 220 but some ppl do talk slower around me. I even wear glasses to try and prove im smart ... doesnt help.. o well im working on starting two businesses now with a full time job in the finance world...

But any bodybuilder that knows how to market and endeavours themselves outside of the fitness world is smart in my book because they overcome the social stigma that most people assume

May you speak slower? I am a bodybuilder, I don't have a mental capacity of a regular person. All I know is how lift weights up and down, up and down...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

I wear a tank top and shorts every time. But I haven't seen another person in my gym in months.

Back