• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Do you think the steroids did it?

steve0311

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So during my first cycle I ran 500mg of sustanon for 14 weeks and my 1 rep max on bench went up 100 lb! I was doing mostly 5x5 super wide grip 2 times per week. Shoulders felt like they were holding up well. So I did pct and then started my second cycle 3 months later of 500mg test prop and 250mg of npp per week. Week 4 into my cycle my bench shot up another 35 lbs. I was feeling great and strong as hell but then I had to choke out some fat douce bag at work ( I'm a bouncer ) which caused my labrum and rotator cuff to tear in my left shoulder. Even tho I didn't get the actual tear from lifting, do u think that the huge gains i was receiving with steroid use was what actually caused my shoulder joint to weaken which led to the tear? I'm starting to think that I made myself progress way to fast which ultimately led to my shoulder getting fucked up. So do u think it was the super fast gains from steroid use that caused it?

Dude if your bench went up 135lbs in that short amount of time id say yeah you definitely probably outgrew some connective tissue. That sucks.

that and I'm sure your adrenaline was racing when it happened. I've strained stuff before from getting to excited and not being warmed up properly.

If it happened in the gym there more to consider then the weight but proper form.

My guess is form.

When I first started, the best advice I got was to get a coach/trainer who came highly recommended. He humbled me! He had me drop a lot of iron and focus strictly on form. My first reaction was, maybe I got the wrong trainer. However, proper form at a much lower weight, focusing specifically on each muscle, had me crawling out of the gym feeling like I had just worked out in years.

The result was awesome growth and strength.

LowT

So during my first cycle I ran 500mg of sustanon for 14 weeks and my 1 rep max on bench went up 100 lb! I was doing mostly 5x5 super wide grip 2 times per week. Shoulders felt like they were holding up well. So I did pct and then started my second cycle 3 months later of 500mg test prop and 250mg of npp per week. Week 4 into my cycle my bench shot up another 35 lbs. I was feeling great and strong as hell but then I had to choke out some fat douce bag at work ( I'm a bouncer ) which caused my labrum and rotator cuff to tear in my left shoulder. Even tho I didn't get the actual tear from lifting, do u think that the huge gains i was receiving with steroid use was what actually caused my shoulder joint to weaken which led to the tear? I'm starting to think that I made myself progress way to fast which ultimately led to my shoulder getting fucked up. So do u think it was the super fast gains from steroid use that caused it?

Yeah. Labrum sounds like muscle outgrowing connective tissue. Rotator cuff tear is maybe due to neglect of auxiliaries since the AAS should've helped those grow too if you're hitting them (supraspinatus, teres major, subscapularis, etc).

Lots of nice guides out there for that: https://www.google.com/search?biw=1420&bih=728&tbm=isch&q=rotator+cuff+exercises+physical+therapy

Well I've had a bad habit of benching with my elbows out instead of in... maybe that puts extra strain on the shoulders? Either way it sounds like aas was still a contributing factor...

Well I've had a bad habit of benching with my elbows out instead of in... maybe that puts extra strain on the shoulders? Either way it sounds like aas was still a contributing factor...

I cannot bench at all anymore due to a shoulder injury I sustained during my boxing years.. which really sucks, but flat bench dumbbell presses are a great alternative.

Been there done that... Muscle strength exceeding the connective tissue strength due to rapid muscle growth. Bench was going up like crazy and I pulled a few ribs loose from my sternum. Didn't realize it at the time, it was the next morning. Doc popped them back in and gave me a lecture about needing to give my ligaments and tendons time to get stronger.

Just like working out, so is the act of throwing somebody out of a club, it's a muscle movement, and an explosive one at that, that shouldn't be attempted unless the body is warmed up/ stretched out properly. Remember that moving forward, do some stretches before your bouncing shift.

With the use of AAS it is entirely possible for muscle to grow much faster than tendon collagen synthesis to allow tendons to support the growing muscle. These kinds of injuries are often accumulated damage and exacerbated by AAS usage, but can also be caused by the sudden increase of strength. Proper diet to keep collagen readily available for use, compounds like anavar which help with collagen synthesis, and keeping from crushing E2 which is suggested to be necessary for collagen synthesis, are all useful tools to help keep tissues healthy. Proper post workout stretching and ample rest equally as important.
I wish you the best with recovery. My buddy just had 6 anchors put in to reattach his left labrum before Christmas and another 6 anchors to reattach his right labrum last month. Keep us posted and do everything to speed your recovery.

IML Gear Cream!
Just like working out, so is the act of throwing somebody out of a club, it's a muscle movement, and an explosive one at that, that shouldn't be attempted unless the body is warmed up/ stretched out properly. Remember that moving forward, do some stretches before your bouncing shift.

But... dynamic stretches only. Static stretches beforehand actually decrease strength and do nothing to prevent injury.

Well i guess it sounds like it was a combination of the speedy gains and the explosive movement at work that caused it. I guess you live and you learn. Now I know to take things slower in the future... and to always stretch before going to work lol. Thanks for all the opinions. I'll do further research on how to keep my joints in top condition while on cycle.

Back