• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

New here saying Hi

elf.55

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I just wanted to say hello, been looking and reading for a while. I am looking to start my first cycle soon but still getting information. There is a lot of information to go over for someone who has never used gear before. About me, I am 43yrs old, 6' tall, 205lbs, lifting again after 20yr break for past 3.5yrs and last checked 12% body fat.

elf.55

sorry if I posted in wrong section

Last edited:
Take the time to read man. There are many different approaches. Start modestly

Tks Weizen I am finding that out, still researching/reading but planning on 12wk test only cycle.

Tks Weizen I am finding that out, still researching/reading but planning on 12wk test only cycle.

That sounds good. the other things that go hand in hand with a cycle like that are SERM's, AI's and HCG. Take your time to read up on those and knowing when/if to use them

Welcome! I'm a little older and only a few years into this AAS thing so maybe I can help with some still semi-noob perspective.

Your prospective first cycle is very safe and... maybe even a little cautious. Nothing wrong with that of course but you may get impatient waiting for the real gains to become apparent after 4+ weeks (mood enhancement will kick in sooner).

My first cycle was (approximately... it's been awhile) 500mg/wk test-e, ramped up to 750 after 6-8 weeks, frontloaded (double-dose) the first week to help shave a week off that 4+ wk gains delay, and 50mg/day dbol thrown in as a kicker for 4 wks. HCG and aromasin as well. Maybe slightly aggressive for a first-timer but I had no regrets and was glad I did the frontload and oral kicker. The main thing is getting bloodwork to ensure the orals aren't causing liver problems, the test is properly dosed (within the ballpark at least), and your E2 is under control.

Hey Elf! New to this board myself. Been a member at ARR since 2003 but it was time to branch out and see what else is out there. Got some peptides in the mail and looking to structure a cycle to rehab some injuries and put on some LBM. Thanks for sharing the post ELF. Glad to help anyone new to the game. Been around the block a few times and I'm still breathing!

I'd say given your age and your ability to recover from a "cycle" and maintain gains, I'd do a longer low dosed test/deca cycle assuming you have some joint discomfort given your age. Even if not it's a great stack. 500mg test and 250-300 deca. Keep doses steady and you can use an oral to kick off if you're really anxious to see gains the first week. I avoid highly liver toxic compounds like orals but everyone's got a choice. You'll feel awesome by day 10 anyways. Low dose of arimidex, say .25mg eod is condiderable. Understand how to recover but realize it's shitty and you can loose a lot. I'm an advocate of low dose HRT approach at this point in the game. Lot of young bucks can use high doses and get huge and maintain a fair amount between cycles. My natural levels don't sustain me so low and slow is the tempo! Good luck!

I'd say given your age and your ability to recover from a "cycle" and maintain gains, I'd do a longer low dosed test/deca cycle assuming you have some joint discomfort given your age. Even if not it's a great stack. 500mg test and 250-300 deca. Keep doses steady and you can use an oral to kick off if you're really anxious to see gains the first week. I avoid highly liver toxic compounds like orals but everyone's got a choice. You'll feel awesome by day 10 anyways. Low dose of arimidex, say .25mg eod is condiderable. Understand how to recover but realize it's shitty and you can loose a lot. I'm an advocate of low dose HRT approach at this point in the game. Lot of young bucks can use high doses and get huge and maintain a fair amount between cycles. My natural levels don't sustain me so low and slow is the tempo! Good luck!

For the 3rd and 4th post giving alot of advise. You have no idea what sides he may have from deca then you have the guy stuck with issues for weeks because you suggested him to take it for joint pain. There are other much much shorter esters to use besides deca for joints to use in case he needs to stop it quickly. I would not suggest either of them to start with though.

Welcome to the forum elf. My advise as most others will tell you for your first cycle test only. You dont want to add other compounds such as deca or any orals except pct and ai orals on your first cycle for several reasons. There is a sticky in the site explaining your first cycle. Be sure and read this sticky. Read and find out what everything does and the different approaches to ai's and learn proper pct. Ohh yea dont forget to read the rules also. Good luck

Get Shredded!
Thank you for the replies, this is what I was thinking after looking at several "First Cycle" options

week 1-12 test enanthate @ 250mg 2x a week (500mg wk/total)
week 1-12 hcg @ 250iu 2x week (500iu wk/total)
week 1-14 Arimidex @ 0.25mg eod (starting day 2 until pct starts)

wait 14 days from last injection then pct

week 15 clomid 75mg & nolvadex 40mg
week 16-18 clomid 50mg & nolvadex 20mg

600mg NAC daily throughout cycle

Like I said I have seen a lot of different first cycle recommendations, this is one I liked

That looks good to me bro my first I just did 250 test c a week and I got good gains from that I would think you will defiantly see a big change starting with 500 a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elf..Something else you may want to look into is getting labs done during cycle to see where your levels are at. Its fairly inexpensive considering all the investment in your body. There is a sticky on lab work and how to order online. There is also a coupon floating around also that will save you a few bucks.
Another thing be sure to watch your blood pressure and expect it to rise. To keep your blood pressure in check you will want to give whole blood mid cycle then again every 56 days. This works great keeps you healthy and saves lives. You can also take low dose asprin as well daily.

Yeah Test reduces your collagen synthesis to that of a senior citizrn. Deca fixes that. Sides? Like what? At that dose? Might be my 4th post but I'd venture to guess I know more about b this than you do but given you have so much time to post all day you must be the expert. ;)

Looks good elf. If you have any joint problems there are options to consider. People exaggerate "sides" in an attempt to discourage you from going to the stuff that really works because they went the slow route. Haters gonna hate! Don't let them scare you and hold ya back.

By the way I'm advocating using less total mg/week than the rest. Total # with compound consideration is the biggest factor. Why use one AS if 2 work synergistically more effectively at a lower dose? Then again what would I know with 4 posts... nobody sees serious shut down @ 150mg deca/week with double the test. You'll figure it out soon enough. First cycle with test only will leave you achy and sore then you'll be able to appreciate what I'm talking about.

Yeah Test reduces your collagen synthesis to that of a senior citizrn. Deca fixes that. Sides? Like what? At that dose? Might be my 4th post but I'd venture to guess I know more about b this than you do but given you have so much time to post all day you must be the expert. ;)
Some people don't tolerate deca well at all between erectile dysfunction and severe depression to unstoppable gyno..
I personally think npp is safer bet and easier to bail on if you don't like it.

Pls everyone try to be respectful to each other. Everyone brings something different to the table

I'm on 300 deca and 500sust at the movement. My wife asked why the rise, drop, rise, etc in my erection. I'm still able to perform, but my wife wanted to make sure that I knew. She stated that the issue arises around 4 weeks in. I tell my wife about my gear use and the straight forward feedback I get from this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao..I will never be a expert and a little to old to be in a I am smarter than you debate. .. but I will say something to keep someone from making a mistake they could easily avoid.

Someone could take test and deca for their first cycle and get a gyno reaction or some other side. Now the problem is which caused the gyno??? Or other side like no sex drive??? Just a scenario Thats why first cycle runs should be test only. You learn how your body reacts and how to treat sides.

Its not trying to scare anyone its playing it safe and learning what test alone does to you. Also keeping the cycle simple and learning. Then if you want the next cycle add something like npp a much shorter ester than deca but still great for the joints and like sheri said can be stopped quickly if there are any bad sides.

Just my opinion

Lmao..I will never be a expert and a little to old to be in a I am smarter than you debate. .. but I will say something to keep someone from making a mistake they could easily avoid.

Someone could take test and deca for their first cycle and get a gyno reaction or some other side. Now the problem is which caused the gyno??? Or other side like no sex drive??? Just a scenario Thats why first cycle runs should be test only. You learn how your body reacts and how to treat sides.

Its not trying to scare anyone its playing it safe and learning what test alone does to you. Also keeping the cycle simple and learning. Then if you want the next cycle add something like npp a much shorter ester than deca but still great for the joints and like sheri said can be stopped quickly if there are any bad sides.

Just my opinion

Not too old to criticize someone for having 4 posts though? Cool. Valid point about NPP but that requires EOD to maintain steady levels. It really boils down to his body's condition and what he hopes to get from the cycle. Never had Deca ED below 600 personally. Test only does allow you to see what it does but test only would leave me in a world of hurt personally.

Back