• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bouncing back from a broken back (newbie)

anabeast

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys,

Been into the forum for about a month now so I figure it's time to properly introduce myself.

I have always been a pretty active guy and had really been serious about lifting just over 4 years when I was in a nasty auto accident.

My wife's car broke down while her and the kids were at a friend's house.
I had to pick them up later that evening in my s-10 standard cab.
Wife and two kids safely strapped in and me laying down in the back of the truck bed in a rancid display of chivalry Because the wife said she was tired and wanted me to drive but I wasn't going to have my lady lying down in the back of a pickup for an hour at 11pm.
Not ideal but shit- it was late and I didn't have a goddam alternator in my pocket so we do what we must, right?
Here's where things get a little hairy and I began to WISH that chivalry was dead!
My wife(let's just go ahead and call her the assailant at this point) the assailant falls asleep on a long country road going 45-50 mph so we drive off the road and crash into a big fucking tree. Kids were fine. Assailant okay MY assailant was fine. Just a touch of whiplash.
I crushed 6 vertabre, broke my arm, my leg and totally shredded my neck, legs arms and scalp.
I did not receive a single stitch for any of my bloody injuries because there was nothing there to stitch together so it was just a lot of time waiting on a lot of scar tissue to build up.

Lost a year of my functioning life, 1.5" or a tad more of my height and 5 years of lifting.

Here I am 8 years later, I'm 33 years old and I have been back in the gym for nearly 3 years
My back feels better than it ever has(really it was my lower neck/upper back), although I feel it's wise to limit the stress on my back but I'm basically free to do most everything that anyone else can aside from things like barbell squats and stiff leg deadlifts.
Still, I was born with incredible lower muscular physique so this works out better than it would for a lot of other people.

I've recently made the commitment to use anabolic assistance and I love the results I'm seeing(and feeling! Libido anyone?!) after my fifth week.

So far, week 1-5, I've been pinning 500mg test cyp per week broken into 2 pins.
Hopefully, if my most recent order ever shows up I will be adding Dbol to the mix.
Definitely looking forward to the boost I expect from this.
Makes it a tad less gut wrenching when I think about the time that I lost from the accident.
I do believe in the five consecutive years and after 30 rule but as long as I am being safe I feel like it's okay to make this exception.
Hell, I think it's amazing that I can even lift, all things considered!

I'm in the gym 6-7 days a week.
On a day off from lifting I still go in to tear it up on some cardio.

240 lb
24% bf
5'10"
In closing I'll say that I am impressed with the knowledge and sharing of said knowledge on this board from the oldies to the newbies and everything in between.
It is one hell of a resource!
I look forward to tapping into that myself!

Thanks

Being a man isn't just about big muscles and a big dick, it's about being a gentleman.
Displaying honor, integrity and true strength which is shown through restraint.

Welcome to asf. Be proud of the progress you've made. Especially after such an injury.

i feel for you i have a back injury all so i have been out not able to do anything for going over 2months now. annular tear aka tore disk and a bulking disk and lots of pain.i really want to start back to the gym but am trying to wait for it to get better. dont know what do do very sad i worked hard my whole life to get my body and now to watch it go away.i think i am going to get some test,npp and some hgh and igf and start back slowly doing light weight after first of the year.with your size i would not do the dbol i would look into var i will allso be adding var to mine .stuff like var,npp ,hgh,igf they help with injury and all so help get cutt being 240 is probally not great for that back i am same hight as you and i am 220 now like to stay 210 and ripped. big and bulking sucks in every way ripped and cutt is the way to go.any way i am rambling just wanted to say good job and i know how bad back pain can be .

welcome to asf...

thank you for the kind words about the site.I'm sure everyone here that contributes appreciates it.

as far as you...ow..tough injuries man. Sorry to hear about all of this. I hope you continue to progress to where you want to be.
as far as your goals go..I would suggest keeping yourself as light/lean as you can handle with solid muscle...extra weight whether its muscle of fat isn't going to do your spine any favors...

good luck and godspeed

i feel for you i have a back injury all so i have been out not able to do anything for going over 2months now. annular tear aka tore disk and a bulking disk and lots of pain.i really want to start back to the gym but am trying to wait for it to get better. dont know what do do very sad i worked hard my whole life to get my body and now to watch it go away.i think i am going to get some test,npp and some hgh and igf and start back slowly doing light weight after first of the year.with your size i would not do the dbol i would look into var i will allso be adding var to mine .stuff like var,npp ,hgh,igf they help with injury and all so help get cutt being 240 is probally not great for that back i am same hight as you and i am 220 now like to stay 210 and ripped. big and bulking sucks in every way ripped and cutt is the way to go.any way i am rambling just wanted to say good job and i know how bad back pain can be .
Thanks bro, I appreciate the info and I feel your pain as well.
It hurts not being able to go to the gym.

I used the hand spring a lot so I could at least feel some muscle failure.
Its a nice treat and you won't hurt your back getting a mental fix.

So dbol is just going to make my ass fatter you think?

This is my first cycle. I've read that a person gets the most gains from their first cycle so I figured I'd hit it hard and pack on as much meat as possible then shred the fat extreme style in late January.

How long would I need to wait after cycle numero uno to start a cycle of var?

Thanks for the wisdom, bro!

And i thought i had it bad! I was in a similar accident and trust me i feel your pain. I am glad to see you made a full recovery bro. I will keep an eye out for ya to see how your progression goes and if you need any help with anything....ask away. There are a lot of very knowledgable vet's here that can help you with anything you need. Oh.... welcome to ASF.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I do have a rather concerning situation and I'm not quite sure how to go about dealing with it...
See, I placed an order with a sponsor who at this time will remain anonymous until I know the best way to handle this.
I placed my order 2 weeks ago, a couple days before thanksgiving, and it still hasn't shown up.
They keep saying how it's the holidays and oh it'll show up and it's just one excuse after another.
Clearly a 2-3 day shipping service should not take more than 4-5 days if by some crazy act of God it sits in a warehouse 2 days too long, but 2 weeks?!
What recourse do I have?
I noticed that a couple of threads I was participating in have had a couple weeks of posts deleted.
I'm just thinking that I may not be the only one and there may be some sort of cover up or something.
I dunno.
Their reviews were great and I had several people encourage me to order from them.
Any wisdom would be awesome!

Back