• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Douche at my gym

SoCalJC

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Yesterday was my leg day. Went in the middle of the day because I knew it would be empty. This guy in the pic is in the squat rack talking on his phone wasting time. I stand nearby for a min, waiting to see what he was going to do. While on the phone (via headphones) he continues his grueling workout by shoulder pressing the bar + 10lb plates. WTF. Seriously. I took a seat at a station nearby and gave him a couple of mins. Then he grabbed the bar thats on the floor, and curled it in the squat rack. After 2 sets of this bullshit, I went up to him and asked him how many more sets he had. He said 3. 10 mins and 5 sets later, he finished. I wanted to knock his fucking head off.

Attachments

• squatrack.jpg
    squatrack.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 237
I was there 1st…. Jeez

Lmao in my gym squat racks have signs on them For Squats only! But 90% of my gym are bodybuilders we never have to worry about dumb shit like that.

Your gym only having power squat rack is the real problem here:paddle:

My gym has three and there are always people waiting to use them. I'm sure there would be fist fights with only one available. We only have one regular seat though and people seem to think that taking that up as and actual chair to rest on in between sets is ok.

Lol. I run into this situation a lot at the gyms in my town. Hell there are few that even do squat. And 50% of them do it in the Smith machine. I wish mine had a sign, that's awesome, or more racks.

With all that weight he's throwing around, I bet he would have kicked your ass.

.. LA Fitness in NE Philly, a third to half of the people are sitting on a machine looking at their cells....... :jerkit:

IML Gear Cream!
Yesterday was my leg day. Went in the middle of the day because I knew it would be empty. This guy in the pic is in the squat rack talking on his phone wasting time. I stand nearby for a min, waiting to see what he was going to do. While on the phone (via headphones) he continues his grueling workout by shoulder pressing the bar + 10lb plates. WTF. Seriously. I took a seat at a station nearby and gave him a couple of mins. Then he grabbed the bar thats on the floor, and curled it in the squat rack. After 2 sets of this bullshit, I went up to him and asked him how many more sets he had. He said 3. 10 mins and 5 sets later, he finished. I wanted to knock his fucking head off.

I have the same picture of a guy doing the same thing at my gym. Everytime I see the guy at my gym I get an instant bad mood, cause I know he's going to be in my way.
And he stays in the squat rack for hours!
Does his 65lb shoulder press... 95lb half squats.... 45lb rows..... Guy pisses me off.
And he acts like he's working so damn hard.

I have the same picture of a guy doing the same thing at my gym. Everytime I see the guy at my gym I get an instant bad mood, cause I know he's going to be in my way.
And he stays in the squat rack for hours!
Does his 65lb shoulder press... 95lb half squats.... 45lb rows..... Guy pisses me off.
And he acts like he's working so damn hard.

Have the front desk page him.
Then jump in.

Quit yer cryin... it's the curl rack, bro

(God, bro hurts to even type)

Have the front desk page him.
Then jump in.

We have two squat racks, and he was using the shitty one in that pic. So I didn't care that much that day... Just got a kick out of watching him. I took that pic just to send to my wife in Afghanistan so she could see the dipshits I had to deal with daily..

In the past when he's in the rack I use, doing all his BS exercises.. I would just pace back and forth right behind him making it obvious as hell I was waiting... After 10 minutes or so after each set I'd say "you done?".. Next set, "You done?"....
Idiot is too dumb to even realize what's going on and that he's in other peoples way.
Unfortunately there's no front desk to pull that truck on him haha

I must be one of the lucky ones.... I train in a gym with idiots but only 3 out of the maybe 300 members use the deadlift or squat rack areas.... And if I see them I just work in while everyone else just keeps pedaling

We have two squat racks, and he was using the shitty one in that pic. So I didn't care that much that day... Just got a kick out of watching him. I took that pic just to send to my wife in Afghanistan so she could see the dipshits I had to deal with daily..

In the past when he's in the rack I use, doing all his BS exercises.. I would just pace back and forth right behind him making it obvious as hell I was waiting... After 10 minutes or so after each set I'd say "you done?".. Next set, "You done?"....
Idiot is too dumb to even realize what's going on and that he's in other peoples way.
Unfortunately there's no front desk to pull that truck on him haha

When the idiot at my gym was finishing up, he asked what are you gonna do? I said squats....after all its called the squat rack. He didn't catch my obvious scarcasm and tone. The dude just tried to explain how he liked using this rack for his shoulder presses and it felt better than the smith machine. All the while I stripped his 10lb plates and collars and threw them on the ground (I picked them up later). But I was frustrated and didn't want to waste anymore time shootin the shit with the guy.

I see a lot of squat racks are for squats stuff... where do you guys do standing military press?? Or heavy barbell shrugs? Or bent over rows??

.... Sorry but I'd laugh at some one if they walked up to me doing one of those exercises and asked to use the rack I was using cause its for squats.

I see a lot of squat racks are for squats stuff... where do you guys do standing military press?? Or heavy barbell shrugs? Or bent over rows??

.... Sorry but I'd laugh at some one if they walked up to me doing one of those exercises and asked to use the rack I was using cause its for squats.

Military I use dumbells, every now and then smith but I'm not a real big smith machine fan. If I use free barbell standing, I just get in the middle of the gym where it's more open, clean and press and press from there do my set.
I do shrugs like once a month of that because my traps already are, and always have been massive. And again dumbells.
Bent over rows just off the ground or ill use that shitty squat rack that dude is in in my pic.
I also use that if I'm doing barbell curls as well. (Not many people use that squat rack for squats, only if the other is already occupied)

Get Shredded!
I really don't even mind ppl using the rack for other things, as long as they are actually doing something productive though. It's just guys like this that bug me. No useful weight, horrible form, and every exercise in it. No exaggeration he will stay in there for an hour or more. He will do military, rows, squats, etc... Can't even pick a muscle group to work

I also use the rack for bent over rows. I have no problem with guys using it for LEGITIMATE exercises. Military presses don't necessarily need a rack. I use dumbbells for mine, usually seated. If I do them standing, I can use a weighted bar. But this guy was doing sissy weight. He didn't need the rack for it. He didn't need the rack to curl either. His entire exercise routine could have been done without using the squat rack. That's why I was so pissed.

I got it. I was thinking every one really thought a rack was only for squats....

Only a douche would curl there though.

I read this thread earlier and got to the gym to squat only to have some dick doing forearm curls with the bar in the squat rack. You should be allowed to smash dumbells on people's heads for this

I read this thread earlier and got to the gym to squat only to have some dick doing forearm curls with the bar in the squat rack. You should be allowed to smash dumbells on people's heads for this
You are...

I also use the rack for bent over rows. I have no problem with guys using it for LEGITIMATE exercises. Military presses don't necessarily need a rack. I use dumbbells for mine, usually seated. If I do them standing, I can use a weighted bar. But this guy was doing sissy weight. He didn't need the rack for it. He didn't need the rack to curl either. His entire exercise routine could have been done without using the squat rack. That's why I was so pissed.

That's kind of where I draw the line too. It's not that I judge people on the weight they can lift, but the Ez curl bars go up to 100. There's no need to use a rack and a full bar to curl 45 pounds. At my gym it's the only place you can deadlift because of floor space, so it's not always about needing the rack, but if you can curl it, you can fucking pick it up off the floor. Once the weight requires a full bar or you need the rack for safety it's ok, but just to curl in front of a mirror you can go fuck yourself.

Hey that was me. I always do shoulders in the squat rack, cuz who really does legs anymore...Gich .... So 1995

Trained tonight and the ENTIRE time some guy was on the treadmill texting. Never broke a sweat and never took his eyes off his phone. He weighed maybe 160 lbs and had no definition. WTF?

Back