• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Been on TRT for about 3 months with no AI

azrairc

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Previous 2 years, 8 blood tests. Total T average 350. One estro test should it at 14

6 weeks at 100mg. TT was 380 on 6th day after last injection at 100mg. No Estradiol test
6 weeks at 200mg, getting the test next Monday, again 6 days after my last injection of 200mg.
My question is if I decided to do a blast would I be able to get away with no ai? I've had absolutely zero symptoms of high estrogen. I am about 20% bf so it there would have to be significant gyno to notice.

Also have I been on trt long enough to notice high e2 if I was going to feel symptoms from it?

I actually switched to a high end urologist, who upped me to 200mg. He says he usually only test estradiol and prescribes a.i. when/if patients get symptoms (which according to posts here is proper protocol). I feel good since upping to 200, good improvement. This doc said he's willing to go higher (up to 400 in some patients). I will say I finally feel normal, perhaps not great. Should I stay at 200mg for a few months before I decide to go higher given the option? Doc is what I call very liberal but also seems to know his stuff.

By "high end" I mean a prominent urologist in the DC area. Not some shady clinic.

Yeah, weekly shots. I was a bit suprised my levels came back at 380 on 100mg

Great questions.

I'm a big believer in listening to your body; if you feel GREAT, then you know you're doing it right. Try to be as objective as possible and don't think about the number so much as the results you are getting.

Some guys will need more dose, some will ROCK IT on a lesser dose. If you feel GREAT - then you're doing it right. Get your BW and then share!

Dont let outward symptoms be your guide to whether or not your E is too high thats a recipie for disaster if you ask me, see posts on other forums daily about guys getting gyno because they werent running an AI on a low dose cycle and didnt think they had to.

I have yet to show me any decent scientific reason to let you E get over 30 but there are many reasons not to. AI's are cheap and easy to come by, the only hard part is dialing in your dose for your intended TRT/cycle.

Yeah, weekly shots. I was a bit suprised my levels came back at 380 on 100mg

Was the blood draw on the 7th or 3rd day after injection? Sorry for my short answers, just need to know a bit before I answer correctly.

380 at the 7th day means your T is probably liike like 600 at it's peak, which aint terrible, but if you still feel a bit shitty no one would blame ya.

Try 200mg, doubt you'll need more than that. Give us the bloods after a couple weeks on 200.

Dont let outward symptoms be your guide to whether or not your E is too high thats a recipie for disaster if you ask me, see posts on other forums daily about guys getting gyno because they werent running an AI on a low dose cycle and didnt think they had to.

I have yet to show me any decent scientific reason to let you E get over 30 but there are many reasons not to. AI's are cheap and easy to come by, the only hard part is dialing in your dose for your intended TRT/cycle.

Good point about the not waiting for symptoms, because if they creep on you, you may not notice them.

About E levels, Not good to let your E go any lower than 20 either, but I have seen some guys rocking 35-40 and having pretty awesome bloodwork.

I am a believer in keeping E2 in range . It's not healthy for many reasons for a male to go around with high estradiol . As far as testing a given dose I like to wait and my doctor does as well a couple of months before testing again . Blood should be drawn 7 days post injection . This is protocol with almost all doctors now . It's not just a number it's how you feel but I would not want anything under 600 - 700 personally .

Great questions.

I'm a big believer in listening to your body; if you feel GREAT, then you know you're doing it right. Try to be as objective as possible and don't think about the number so much as the results you are getting.

Some guys will need more dose, some will ROCK IT on a lesser dose. If you feel GREAT - then you're doing it right. Get your BW and then share!

will do

interesting, I'll mention to my doc to order estrodial if he hasn't already

Was the blood draw on the 7th or 3rd day after injection? Sorry for my short answers, just need to know a bit before I answer correctly.

380 at the 7th day means your T is probably liike like 600 at it's peak, which aint terrible, but if you still feel a bit shitty no one would blame ya.

Try 200mg, doubt you'll need more than that. Give us the bloods after a couple weeks on 200.

6th day

I am a believer in keeping E2 in range . It's not healthy for many reasons for a male to go around with high estradiol . As far as testing a given dose I like to wait and my doctor does as well a couple of months before testing again . Blood should be drawn 7 days post injection . This is protocol with almost all doctors now . It's not just a number it's how you feel but I would not want anything under 600 - 700 personally .

yeah..
i'm getting kinda paranoid now.. i have noticed my nipples are a hard more often.. not sure if it's because i'm always touching them to check for anything or because of high e2. also I noticed a pimple on my thigh which is unusual, doesn't estrogen promote acne?

IML Gear Cream!
My dad had his blood drawn at day 6 after injection and on 100mg/wk. He has been taking this for severl months now and his total t was 822. Mine was only 425. WHy is my dads so high at 100mg/wk and him 75 years old. He was 203 before starting trt.

My dad had his blood drawn at day 6 after injection and on 100mg/wk. He has been taking this for severl months now and his total t was 822. Mine was only 425. WHy is my dads so high at 100mg/wk and him 75 years old. He was 203 before starting trt.

You are genetically different in a way, his body is just better at using the drugs, that's all it is.

Like, athletes are sought out when their body reacts better to drugs just because they can use 100mg of T and get the same results as some one using 200mg, i.e, gain an edge.

will do

interesting, I'll mention to my doc to order estrodial if he hasn't already

6th day

yeah..
i'm getting kinda paranoid now.. i have noticed my nipples are a hard more often.. not sure if it's because i'm always touching them to check for anything or because of high e2. also I noticed a pimple on my thigh which is unusual, doesn't estrogen promote acne?

6th day? You need some more T my brother. Want your 6th day bloods to be at around 7-600ish.

Estrogen will make your nips bif, puffy and pink with a hard lump under it. Basically like a pair of tits, and if that happens then it's no taco, neighboureno.

I think I get nipple erections when my estrogen is elevated. Just a seat of the pants kinda thing.

No but if it's happening at the end of the month when I'm getting bloods I will know. Maybe I'm just happy to see you guys.

Awesome, let us know what happens because it is interesting! I have gyno and am just starting TRT and always wondered if TRT would make my nipples smaller? I know it wont get rid of the lump/gland, but maybe make my nipples more masculine.

Hahahaha, I think that's it maddad xD

Update. Got my labs back, total t at 540 day 7 before injection. I asked my doctor and he said don't worry about estrogen at this point as some sensitively is common when upping a dose from 100mg to 200mg. He said the levels will stabilize eventually and they will test e2 along with my other labs at the 3 month point.

You can read the thread I just posted and get the info on my whole TRT deal for me. Basically getting ready for my first test after being on for about 5 months. I didn't have any sides until I went up to 300mg, nips got a little sore and puffy for about 2 weeks then went away. I did the 300mg/wk for 4-5 weeks. Other thing is it felt like I might have high blood pressure but checked it several times and was never high. Also when i went up to 300mg I got super horny but noticed I didn't seem to get usual rock hard, a little softer. All this seemed to go away in 2-3 wks while still on the same dosage. The only other side was when I dropped from 300 down to 100 I started to get some acne, didn't have any until i dropped down. Pretty much all gone now though since I've been on a low dosage for a few couple months.

Update. Got my labs back, total t at 540 day 7 before injection. I asked my doctor and he said don't worry about estrogen at this point as some sensitively is common when upping a dose from 100mg to 200mg. He said the levels will stabilize eventually and they will test e2 along with my other labs at the 3 month point.

Of course you can always go to privatemdlabs.com and get the $50 female hormone panel (after coupon code), spend 20 minutes at a Labcorp, and have the results in hand rather than waiting on a doc writing a long mystery novel with your health. Depending on your insurance, this may even be less costly than the doc office visit.

Get Shredded!
Of course you can always go to privatemdlabs.com and get the $50 female hormone panel (after coupon code), spend 20 minutes at a Labcorp, and have the results in hand rather than waiting on a doc writing a long mystery novel with your health. Depending on your insurance, this may even be less costly than the doc office visit.

Actually I want to do this, can you provide me more info? Should I just pay extra and get the male panel? , how do I get labcorp to do it, I can probably draw myself but I've never done it? I read on their site they only do blood work ordered by a physician.

Meh I was really hoping this doctor would be the one so I didn't have to worry about this chit. He seemed really Knowledgable and even on their website they mention how monitoring estrogen is important to trt. But dammit just fucking order the test than you know?

Also what's the standard for getting a compete panel after moving up to 200? I got one after only 4 weeks at 100 from my old endocrinologist.

Back