• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How many times a week do you guys hit lats?

badboys

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone try hitting lats twice a week ? I have currently been doing lats once a week for awhile now and see great results and thought about maybe adding in a second workout at the end of the week. Some of the best pups in my back and arms come from working lats :) Currently doing 4 sets of wide grip pull up's and 4 sets of close grip pullup's then do 3 sets of negative's wide grip followed by dumbell or barbell rows. Killer lat workout!!!

Funny you mention this, I have been noticing the same thing. Been hitting them here and there between other muscle group days.

ask yourself this, how do you hit lats? how many sets do you focus on them during your upper back days? it might be worth just adding in more sets/reps to lead to more hypertrophy in your one workout than adding in a second day. all that being said, i only hit them once a day, but with 3 different lifts. combine that with lat activation with chest pressing movements, and heavy deads on different days and you should be getting plenty of lat work in throughout the week.

ask yourself this, how do you hit lats? how many sets do you focus on them during your upper back days? it might be worth just adding in more sets/reps to lead to more hypertrophy in your one workout than adding in a second day. all that being said, i only hit them once a day, but with 3 different lifts. combine that with lat activation with chest pressing movements, and heavy deads on different days and you should be getting plenty of lat work in throughout the week.
I'm going to respectively disagree with this Zeus. At some point in your workout you are really just adding in caloric burn and no more growth. I like to hit my lagging muscles 2 times a week (if I'm on my normal bro split). That being said the best results I get during my blast I am hitting everything twice a week and still only in the gym 6 days a week for an hour or so.

I'm going to respectively disagree with this Zeus. At some point in your workout you are really just adding in caloric burn and no more growth. I like to hit my lagging muscles 2 times a week (if I'm on my normal bro split). That being said the best results I get during my blast I am hitting everything twice a week and still only in the gym 6 days a week for an hour or so.

respectable, by no means was i saying that's the best way. i've definitely hit lats 2 or 3 times a week, but i've seen numerous times where someone's "lat work" involves 4 sets of lat pull downs in an upper back workout and that's it; which is why i asked for information at the beginning :winkfinger:

respectable, by no means was i saying that's the best way. i've definitely hit lats 2 or 3 times a week, but i've seen numerous times where someone's "lat work" involves 4 sets of lat pull downs in an upper back workout and that's it. which is why i asked for information at the beginning :winkfinger:
Hey brother absolutely! I agree. I keep my shit simple but I still hit the target muscles with plenty of work to make sure I grow.

yeah i feel like i am doing plenty for the lat workout. If anything add in another day. There blown out when i am done. Working them is the best upperbody mass builder i have found out of all exercises

IML Gear Cream!
If you are seeing great results hitting them once a week why would you consider adding a second day? I work mine once a week but my back workout consists of a lot of different exercises to ensure I'm hitting them from multiple angles.

Here's what I'm currently doing:

*I pyramid up in weight on each set. Rep range is typically 8-12.
Pull-ups, 4 sets (2 sets assisted, 2 sets bodyweight)
Close grip pull downs, 4 sets
Seated cable rows, 3 sets
Machine rows (one arm at a time with seat set low), 3 sets
Dumbbell rows, 3 sets (bring dumbbell up into the hip with a supinated grip)
Dumbbell pull-overs, 4 sets

Lats are big muscles and take quite a bit of work. What I'm really liking for lats is 10x10. I alternate between an underhand close grip isolateral high row 10L 10R rest 90sec 10 wide grip behind the neck pulldown, repeat so it's 5 sets for each machine I start my upper back workout that way then on to Yates rows then barbel shrugs and finish with a burnout dumbell shrug 1x45-55(depends on weight). It's a progressive hit to the lats after the major work the shrugs require a lot of lat activation for stability. 45 minutes in and out. I found my lats with this.

Back