• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone else hate their current gym?

Velociraptor44

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I signed up to this gym not to long ago because my camp sold the other half of the gym to a crossfit franchise and it runs classes all day and there is only one hour of open gym. The place was half of a warehouse and was perfect. Olympic decks, an entire wall of power racks and squat racks, multiple pull-up stations, huge free weight and dumbell area, rings and ropes, even had sprint lanes for hiit sprints. So I signed up to this BB gym that has everything you need but in singles and your on top of people and cant walk by THE squat rack without bumping into the guy squatting or use the pull-up bar without banging into the calf raise machine. On top of that everyone just sits around on the limited equipment inbetween sets and bullshits. Its a drag.

Worst part is I own a ton of commerical equipement ive acquired over the years... power rack, about 600lbs in weight, hex bars, flat/incline/decline benches, just no dumbells. Prob being my garage isnt heated and its cold as fuck here in the winter. Im thinking about trenching a gas line, hanging a shop furnace in the garage, and buying a dumbell rack and saying fuck the gym. Srs.

yes

I have no room for home gym shit since changing the floor plan of the house tho :(

What do you think I have been doing. I just bought a shit load of equipment and put it on the porch. It's going to be cold during the winter so I just bought insulation and a huge heater.

yes

I have no room for home gym shit since changing the floor plan of the house tho :(

What do you think I have been doing. I just bought a shit load of equipment and put it on the porch. It's going to be cold during the winter so I just bought insulation and a huge heater.

If you two wanna come over and help me dig the trench and set the pipe you can use my place on the free. :winkfinger:

I'll be over...
don't laugh at me when I bring fruity girl drinks and never set them down anywhere :)

Id like to acquire a bunch of equipment over the years. I do enjoy the gym atmosphere though. Spose I could put it out back. Would be a bitch in the middle of summer tho

Ive seriously though about grabbing a tape measure and bringing it to the gym then welding some shit together

its not like 1/4" steel is difficult to weld nicely

IML Gear Cream!
It's just so you don't complain and struggle when the duct tape is put over your mouth

I busted on it in the pit too..you totally missed it.
My minions are so disappointed in me..

Fuck it NC your right.... im just gonna start shopping for a shop furnace. I could have used the basement but apparently in the 1920's people were only 4ft tall, srs who decideds to make basement ceiling 7'6 and 10ft in the house?

Love to have a home gym... Just have to build the space and get some equipment.

one of my current gyms, yes. 98 million dollar sports facility and they don't even have a standing calf machine :paddle:

I live in BFE Georgia, I moved a town over, I now am a member of anytime fitness. The half size gym anytime fitness at that. No squat rack, no hack squats, no calve raise, no decline bench. My life is crumbling beneath my feet everytime I walk in and realize I'm not at my home gym with bumpers and no mirrored dead lifts and chalk everywhere. I still occasionally drive the 40 minutes out of the way after work usually once if not twice a week and pay the 5$ daily few, just to keep me insane. The anytime is filled with old women doing Zumba in the back and super setting clueless newbies who constantly ask questions or just want to talk about their dog and what type of food he eats.... It's so depressing to even think about it.

Get Shredded!
I actually really like the rundown LA fitness I'm at right now. Never super crowded and mostly older white guys and people that just come in train, put their weights up and leave. Very little conversation but it's always just friendly enough. I avoided it because they free weights are a little worn out, but as I became more serious it became a great fit :D

one thing my gym does that I like is...the bar clamps on the main free weight floor are a little effed up and always missing

there's a cpl of those locking plastic ones behind the counter if you ask tho..no one knows they're there so they're always available.
they also hide a bag of chalk behind the counter but I hate chalk

also..chains, they have chains..which I also don't use but no other gym in the area has them

My gym blows....there's enough equipment to do whats needed, power rack, squat rack, db's up to 125, pair of smith machines, bunch of precor and icarian stuff. But the clientele is awful. Bunch of 150lb assholes, fat women, just posers and fakers and losers. Minus a small handful.
I went to my bro's gym for back two days ago and 35 miles away or not im going once or twice a week now. Old school.....powerlifting platform in the back, chalk everywhere, chains, bands all over the place hanging....lots of 100 lb plates....real squat bars....bunch of squat racks, a pro meet squat thingy...I dunno...where the bar is suspended you unrack it and the hooks move so you dont have to. DB's up to 180, db's for about a mile. A dozen benches at least just in front of the db's then more behind them for BB. hammer strength, just anything I could want, ever. And atmosphere to die for. Dimly lit but every light by every mirror makes you look like you're on stage. Minimal cardio equipment. Hell if anyone from my gym walked in there they would immediately turn around and leave. Music playing fairly loud over speakers. And even though it was music I didnt really care for ......it just added to the atmosphere because it was being played everywhere. No one had ear buds .

I hate the locker room more than the gym. A bunch of 80 yr old dudes hanging out naked like they are on some type of hedonist weekend trip. Always great to see after a good workout.

I hate the locker room more than the gym. A bunch of 80 yr old dudes hanging out naked like they are on some type of hedonist weekend trip. Always great to see after a good workout.
You ever see the old man with one leg up on the counter blow drying his nuts like it ain't nothin? Fucking kills me

My gym blows....there's enough equipment to do whats needed, power rack, squat rack, db's up to 125, pair of smith machines, bunch of precor and icarian stuff. But the clientele is awful. Bunch of 150lb assholes, fat women, just posers and fakers and losers. Minus a small handful.
I went to my bro's gym for back two days ago and 35 miles away or not im going once or twice a week now. Old school.....powerlifting platform in the back, chalk everywhere, chains, bands all over the place hanging....lots of 100 lb plates....real squat bars....bunch of squat racks, a pro meet squat thingy...I dunno...where the bar is suspended you unrack it and the hooks move so you dont have to. DB's up to 180, db's for about a mile. A dozen benches at least just in front of the db's then more behind them for BB. hammer strength, just anything I could want, ever. And atmosphere to die for. Dimly lit but every light by every mirror makes you look like you're on stage. Minimal cardio equipment. Hell if anyone from my gym walked in there they would immediately turn around and leave. Music playing fairly loud over speakers. And even though it was music I didnt really care for ......it just added to the atmosphere because it was being played everywhere. No one had ear buds .

I would drive that far everyday if I had a place like that near here. I just imagined a small piece of heaven. You won't find one within an hour of my house anything near competition to the gym you just described..

So I signed up to this gym not to long ago because my camp sold the other half of the gym to a crossfit franchise and it runs classes all day and there is only one hour of open gym. The place was half of a warehouse and was perfect. Olympic decks, an entire wall of power racks and squat racks, multiple pull-up stations, huge free weight and dumbell area, rings and ropes, even had sprint lanes for hiit sprints. So I signed up to this BB gym that has everything you need but in singles and your on top of people and cant walk by THE squat rack without bumping into the guy squatting or use the pull-up bar without banging into the calf raise machine. On top of that everyone just sits around on the limited equipment inbetween sets and bullshits. Its a drag.

Worst part is I own a ton of commerical equipement ive acquired over the years... power rack, about 600lbs in weight, hex bars, flat/incline/decline benches, just no dumbells. Prob being my garage isnt heated and its cold as fuck here in the winter. Im thinking about trenching a gas line, hanging a shop furnace in the garage, and buying a dumbell rack and saying fuck the gym. Srs.
If a heater was the only thing between me and my own gym I'd be on eBay buying a propane heater and a window unit right now

You ever see the old man with one leg up on the counter blow drying his nuts like it ain't nothin? Fucking kills me

Bro last week I turned the corner and saw one old guy buzzing a dudes ass hair with an electric razor like it wasn't shit lol. Never saw blow dryer balls . There is a dude that hoists his leg up on the Bin for towels and hits that shit Like he's a shoe shine pro right at the entrance of the showers..

I would drive that far everyday if I had a place like that near here. I just imagined a small piece of heaven. You won't find one within an hour of my house anything near competition to the gym you just described..

Even though I get 27mpg....$$ is still a little tight now. So it's keeping me from going full time. Plus scheduling the time other than the easy days. My current gym is 3.5 miles away. But I will tell you I have never felt such a strong "at home" vibe in my life.

Bro last week I turned the corner and saw one old guy buzzing a dudes ass hair with an electric razor like it wasn't shit lol. Never saw blow dryer balls . There is a dude that hoists his leg up on the Bin for towels and hits that shit Like he's a shoe shine pro right at the entrance of the showers..

Da fuck bro.....what is wrong with old guys?

Back