• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Visiting doctors *discussion*

NattyAsGraham

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Every time I go doctors
There is always this fear mongering and your gonna die young crap... I do normal AAS cycles on and off. I get bloods done etc. I laugh at them tbh.

But does anyone else in the back of their head think *What if their right? Every time I inject this test I'm cutting my life span by a day or two or three?* I think I allow these idiotic doctors get to me tbh..

Seriously these general practice doctors don't know crap.. Society puts so much faith in that yet, while you tell them your symptoms and it's not the generic cold their literally googling those symptoms the exact same way you would do at home. It's quite scary when you think about it..

Are we gonna die young guys? Discuss!

Every time I go doctors
There is always this fear mongering and your gonna die young crap... I do normal AAS cycles on and off. I get bloods done etc. I laugh at them tbh.

But does anyone else in the back of their head think *What if their right? Every time I inject this test I'm cutting my life span by a day or two or three?* I think I allow these idiotic doctors get to me tbh..

Seriously these general practice doctors don't know crap.. Society puts so much faith in that yet, while you tell them your symptoms and it's not the generic cold their literally googling those symptoms the exact same way you would do at home. It's quite scary when you think about it..

Live fast. Die young. Require an XL coffin.

Many of us won't use to the point of damaging our health, IMO. (and health markers can be monitored with bloodwork). While others definitely will abuse and take bigger risks.

But tell me which is worse, being a 300-400lb fat ass that sits on the couch and eats potato chips, Mcdonalds, sugary crap, soda, etc and never exercises... or using some AAS while exercising regularly, having a good amount of LBM, staying fit, and keeping body fat low.

I'll tell you which one I think would more likely kill me, and it doesn't involve the AAS. but that could just be the denial talking

Agreed I was thinking today I know I'm not going to stop unless some scientific evidence that is 100% clear and correct in proving steroids can kill you or reduce ones life span like smoking or truly does cause cancer example in the prostate. Then I might quit.

But tbh especially with the prostate cancer issue, an over active prostate doesn't correlate with cancer, well no HUMAN studies have shown that. So why the fuck do I hear doctors telling me I'm gonna get prostate cancer?

And the fucking heart disease and liver cancer issue, these I'm not 100% sure on, can anyone else more knowledgable chime in?

Agreed I was thinking today I know I'm not going to stop unless some scientific evidence that is 100% clear and correct in proving steroids can kill you or reduce ones life span like smoking or truly does cause cancer example in the prostate. Then I might quit.

But tbh especially with the prostate cancer issue, an over active prostate doesn't correlate with cancer, well no HUMAN studies have shown that. So why the fuck do I hear doctors telling me I'm gonna get prostate cancer?

And the fucking heart disease and liver cancer issue, these I'm not 100% sure on, can anyone else more knowledgable chime in?
There is a pretty solid link between enlarged hearts and lifting heavy weights. Gear let's us lift even heavier wright, so that issue should in theory get worse.

Interesting. These online health sites indicate exercise and even intense physical exercise for the management of an enlarged heart.

Last edited:
The day I can no longer be of use to my family and am nothing but a burden is the day I want to die. I do not understand those that choose to live their last years on a couch with the inability to do anything functional.

I'll happily live a shorter life of being 200%, then a long one of being an encumbrance to my family.

Also I don't think there's any true proof in closely monitored steroid use being detrimental to your health.
"But men over 60 have an increased heart attack chance while on steroids!!!!"
...Men over 60 have an increased heart attack chance by having sex. What's your point?

Tell me what's out there that isn't killing us?

Recently I visited my parents, and while in town with them they took me over to see my Grandmother (90) and my Great aunt (Grandmothers sister - 92). My Grandmother doesn't know who I am or her own son my dad, it's hard to see her this way. My great aunt fell recently and was put in a home, as I was walking through there and seeing all those old dying people it only reinforced my decision, we're all going to die, only some of us are going to really live, and even a smaller amount of us are going to live at 150% - 200%. My Grandfathers never used AAS, (obviously) and one died at 55 of cancer, and the other died at 62 of a heart attack, most likely brought on by the fact he chewed most of his life. Pick your poison, sit around and do nothing but trying to avoid death, or live your life to the fullest.

i think when your number is called its your time, whether its 30, 60, or 80. most of us on here are not mega dosing gear and i think its the insane amounts of gear and gh and everything else these guys throw in their bodies that is causing the early deaths, i mean look at these monsters nowadays these kids barely 20-21 that are competing nationally going for pro cards in their early 20s, there is a difference between using steroids and abusing them. i have lost several friends who abused steroids way too early, i have also lost friends to cancer or other health issues and these people didnt make it out of their 30s who never used gear or partied. i know when my health starts going i will be able to look back at my life and say you know what i lived how i wanted, i was happy, and i have no regrets, if i could do it over i'd do it exactly the same way.

I couldn't resist a little rant.

I hate most doctors, especially Primary Care Doctors. I have been misdiagnosed more often than is acceptable, and what makes it worse is I usually tell them what I think is going on (yes doctors, I have webmd also) and they fucking ignore me and come up with something that is total B.S. Fuck them, I spent two years in chronic pain and depression because of some asshole doctor who said it would be a minor procedure with no risks to worry about. Two surgeries later and a little help from TRT (which they would not give me because my levels were in the low 400's not low enough I guess for them,) I'm doing much better but have never forgotten how they almost ruined me and didn't give a shit that I was that rare statistic they don't like to talk about nor help. Fucking hate these pricks, every time you go to the doctor they first assume it's in your head, next they assume it's something antibiotics or ibuprofen will fix, then finally when your almost dead and have spent weeks if not months with the same problem they use some fancy equipment they've had all along in their office to give them the proper diagnoses. Don't get me wrong their are some awesome, and caring doctors, but most fucking suck and should not be listened to. Rant Over.

IML Gear Cream!
I would agree that a lot of primary care docs are condescending, overbearing jerks with god complexes..
HOWEVER when you see how much stupid they deal with on a day to day you can understand how they get this jaded

I was very lucky the thyroid thing was dealt with for me because I had moving blood work ..hyper then hypo, then hyper ..then finally hypo over the course of a yr.
if my dr hadnt chased ALL the blood work I probably would have been a fuckin mess...err..worse of a mess I guess.

I would agree that a lot of primary care docs are condescending, overbearing jerks with god complexes..
HOWEVER when you see how much stupid they deal with on a day to day you can understand how they get this jaded

I was very lucky the thyroid thing was dealt with for me because I had moving blood work ..hyper then hypo, then hyper ..then finally hypo over the course of a yr.
if my dr hadnt chased ALL the blood work I probably would have been a fuckin mess...err..worse of a mess I guess.

Glad you got that sorted. I totally agree most are fucking IDIOTS... Ive seen 6 now since moving into this new area and still cant find one that wont bullshit and be a biased retard.

My thyroid has been just like this, was first just trending downward but is now inconsistent... What ended up being the issue?

Many of us won't use to the point of damaging our health, IMO. (and health markers can be monitored with bloodwork). While others definitely will abuse and take bigger risks.

But tell me which is worse, being a 300-400lb fat ass that sits on the couch and eats potato chips, Mcdonalds, sugary crap, soda, etc and never exercises... or using some AAS while exercising regularly, having a good amount of LBM, staying fit, and keeping body fat low.

I'll tell you which one I think would more likely kill me, and it doesn't involve the AAS. but that could just be the denial talking

Agree 100%

Lots of cardio will make up for all the AAS ;)

Like SeriV said, Doctors and Nurses are among the least knowledgeable, and the most reactionary on the topic of AAS. Especially the older generation. The static piece of knowledge they have on the subject originated from a chapter in a medical textbook dated around 1960.

To answer the original question, though, yeah, I definitely do think we will see an uptick in morbidity and mortality, and eventually there will likely be an actual scientific reference (or two!) proving that steroid abuse causes damage. Unfortunately for us humans, pretty much everything causes damage, and when we get more extreme and move away from moderation with anything, shit starts goin down. Another nail in the coffin here is the new standard that are winning the top-level BB shows. Mass monsters, every one of them. I would hazard today's top competitors are running 5-10x the amount of gear than their counterparts from 20 years ago. Bound to have an effect.

Be moderate :)

I guess I've lucked out with my primary care doctor because I've never felt she was condescending or wasn't listening to me. She doesn't know I'm on gear (it hasn't come up yet, I'm not sure if I should/shouldn't tell her) so I haven't yet found out if she was one of those poorly-informed people or not. But here's the deal: the science is still out on AAS. Sure, they're not as bad for you as the fear-mongering 80s, 90s, and aughts were trying to convince us, but we still don't know a whole lot about them. It's your doctor's job to keep an eye out for your health. It's not an either-or (either you can do AAS or you can eat at McDonalds every day) but a "both" in their eyes (you should stay away from McDonalds AND aas) but that's mainly just because the fear-mongering has convinced everyone, including doctors, that AAS are a lot worse for you than they likely are. But the fact remains that AAS in all likely do pose SOME kind of risk. And sure, so do a LOT of things, but that isn't really the point. It's not either-or.

Get Shredded!
^^ not all nurses ;)

^ This

Regarding Doctors, nurses and health care professionals in general it just depends on who you get to whether you get good or bad advice/help. Most people are very naive on steroids and think that they are the devil; it is in the UK anyway.. unless you lift that is.

Regarding lifespans, tbh life is killing you; if its not one thing its gonna be another. I'd say just try and use a little common sense when it comes to everything, too much of any good thing is probably gonna have detrimental effects.

There is a pretty solid link between enlarged hearts and lifting heavy weights. Gear let's us lift even heavier wright, so that issue should in theory get worse.

There is a difference when talking about enlarged hearts from exercise (athletes heart) which is left ventricular hypertrophy resulting from the increased demand on the body. When exercise ceases, the tissue will return to normal. The more serious and potentially fatal type is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which is a congenital thickening of the heart wall resulting in impaired conductivity of electrical signals through the muscle. This results in irregular contractions, inconsistent flow and can cause the heart to stop when the signal can't get through the thickened wall. This is the disease that kills seemingly healthy athletes. A kid on our local hockey team died a few years ago eating breakfast with his dad. High level player drafted to NHL. Now they check every player prior to camp.

Every time I go doctors

Go see an osteopath. Much better doctors.

Only thing I worry about with AAS is my heart. The most important muscle in the body. I honestly believe that roids fuck with your heart but fuck, like was said in earlier posts, live fast die young with an XXL coffin.

Back