• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

My no gears log!

macedog24

PSL Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok, so for now I will start a log with no gears!haha. Tonight I will get some running in. Maybe 2miles or so. 7am, pick up my son head to the gym. Introduce him to the iron.
Later on today , I'll update weight, measurements.etc. this might be embarrassing.(for now).
I'll also give a list of our routine, and nutrition for the day! I placed this log here cuz don't wanna have to move it if I gets on the gears!! Til later today.

Well today was kinda different. Picked up my son at 7:30am (after work) went to the gym. Didn't want to complicate things today so we did chest only. After fumbling around for some time trying to get a feel for where he is ,this is how it looked. also, keep in mind I didn't want him to be so sore he wouldn't want to come back.lol.. so

CHEST

flat bench . 3x8, me- 3x12,10,8
Incline dumbbell press 3x8,7,5. Me 3x10
Decline dumbbell press 3x8,6,5 me 3x10
Pec machine. 3x8,8,6 superset me 3x 15,14,12 superset til failure

Pretty simple yet effective. Probably shouldn't of did the superset but I really couldn't help it.
Followed by stretching. gym time 1hr10min. This will become more efficient .

After the gym had a protein shake and 2 tbsp of jiff peanut butter. (Not my fav).

Didn't get to sleep til 11. Back at work by 3pm.

Food today (myself)
1grilled chick breast let,Tom, hot sauce, Kaiser bun.
Left my protein at home. Had to grab 2 muscle milk pro 40. .holy he'll, dam 10$. I will not make this mistake again!
Vanilla was ok. Not the greatest that's for sure.
Also, a 2-3lb bag of deer jerky!

- - - Updated - - -

Deer for gear! Lol

^^^ x2 deer jerky ......also I like the rounded dear jerky

Working out with your kid is great. I've been turning mine into a meat head slowly.

Well today was kinda different. Picked up my son at 7:30am (after work) went to the gym. Didn't want to complicate things today so we did chest only. After fumbling around for some time trying to get a feel for where he is ,this is how it looked. also, keep in mind I didn't want him to be so sore he wouldn't want to come back.lol.. so

CHEST

flat bench . 3x8, me- 3x12,10,8
Incline dumbbell press 3x8,7,5. Me 3x10
Decline dumbbell press 3x8,6,5 me 3x10
Pec machine. 3x8,8,6 superset me 3x 15,14,12 superset til failure

Pretty simple yet effective. Probably shouldn't of did the superset but I really couldn't help it.
Followed by stretching. gym time 1hr10min. This will become more efficient .

After the gym had a protein shake and 2 tbsp of jiff peanut butter. (Not my fav).

Didn't get to sleep til 11. Back at work by 3pm.

Food today (myself)
1grilled chick breast let,Tom, hot sauce, Kaiser bun.
Left my protein at home. Had to grab 2 muscle milk pro 40. .holy he'll, dam 10$. I will not make this mistake again!
Vanilla was ok. Not the greatest that's for sure.
Also, a 2-3lb bag of deer jerky!

- - - Updated - - -

Deer for gear! Lol

Love me some deer jerky!

Friend of mine at work makes it! Spicy or regular.!!cost me 20$ for the bag. Very lean , not to spicy! Very tender.
Here is a pic for size comparison.

I started my son on empty bar stuff and light stuff at age 11. He just turned 13 6 weeks ago and the kid is lifting impressive weight for his ago imho. Made sure to program him with overly anal rotator warm-up and care.

That's great BTC, I'm 41. My son is gonna be 17very soon. I remember starting lifting weights at 12. In elementary school. Bunch of my buddy's and myself went over a friend's 3-4 days a week. He had all the good stuff. I grew up outside , playing football ,lacrosse, hockey,soccer, etc. Now a days everything is computer psp, or Xbox,PlayStation, . Which I'm not shooting down,but dam these kids don't wanna have to really apply themselves physically anymore. It's frustrating some times. This isn't the first time I've tried this with my son. I've bought him his own weights. Bench, flye attachment, preacher attachment, leg attachment (sucks).dumbbells from 5-25lbs. Also, have 40,s and some ancient55's/60's look like jugs on each side.lol
Last year I almost bought a three station hotel set up. ( professional grade) total gym. Each station had its own 200lb stack. It had everything. (600$) only problem was I had to pick it up. (NJ)
The only difference now is going outside the house to the gym. hopefully he sticks with it!

On a different note tomorrow I go to the Dr. ,Getting a physical, and telling him I want a full blood panel done? Do I need to be more specific?
He is a new Dr. So wanna make sure I'm very specific with him. Figured I'd get bloods,pre,mid, and post! I'm getting very figity. Want to start soon. It's been to long.

Today was an off day. Did some HIIT with the misses, messed around at the park with the kids, cut the grass!!
Food
Breakfast 4eggs, black pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, orange juice.
Snack 5-6 pieces of deer jerky!
Lunch
1 chicken breast (baked) , piece of fish baked w/Cajun seasoning,black pepper, olday.oregano,
Snack
Nuts/ 1 orange
Dinner .
2burgers /salsa from the grill. No bread ! fresh asparagus
Tonight
I have 2 protein drinks and a piece of chicken.
Once this log gets going(aas) I will start putting up macros, also my measurements,weight etc.

Sorry guys , the Dr. Isnt new!lol. He's new for me. My old Dr./ortho. Left and they wouldn't give me any info on him or where he went. So. I guess I get what I get. But I really liked my old Dr. He wasn't one of these guys/ladies who thought because they were a Dr. They new everything and your not a Dr. So you don't know anything. I can't stand that shit! Hopefully this guy isn't like that.
I have some long hours this week at work. I have to talk to my son but hopefully he will be going with me in the morning after work. Still not sure how I'm gonna do this with my son.
5days on 2days off
Or maybe 3days on w/1day off. Then at the end of each 4weeks take off for 2-3days. Then back at it. 3 on 1off.
For myself. I will try and incorporate a lot of cardio and various body weight exercises in addition to the gym.
update more in a bit.

Hope ur new dr is cool brother ....I too hate certain drs attitude too ......hey nice diet :winkfinger:

THanks, twisted. I have a 1:30 app. So I guess I should lay down for 2-3hrs. Yesterday was pretty good. Food wise. Talk to you all later.

Haha, it would be cooler if i'd finish this Dr. Appointment! New Dr. Didn't have enough time yesterday, so back again today! Hopefully I don't have to go through my life story again.. I just wanna get some blood work done!!!! Please........ A little help here...

Im with u brother ...im in court blah blah blah ..cmon be done already, how much restitution do I give this chump :coffee:...

I feel ya twisted ! I did jury duty last week. Ugh! Still sitting here. I wonder if I start playing some music if they see me sooner!

I feel ya twisted ! I did jury duty last week. Ugh! Still sitting here. I wonder if I start playing some music if they see me sooner!

Im a defendant here on this one :roflmao:

Hope everything went well twisted!

Sorry everyone, lat few days a have been a little crazy to say the least! I have a new Dr. Which she is younger . But very open to what I had to say. I went to have a physical and try and get my blood done. (First day more of a consultation) . So she gave me a basic physical, everything went well, bp was 109/72 . Pretty good if I do say so. One thing she was discussing with me was some issues I was having about 1-2yrs ago with my Dr. Who is now gone. There was some spots on my pelvic bone? Which they didn't believe to be anything at the time. Just some weakness,perhaps. So, she wants me to have a cOuple more scans for certainty. Which I agree 100%. I also, was trying to use the over 40card to get a complete blood panel, and metabolic panel Done , including lipids etc. The whole nine.
Now she tells me she isn't gonna be my primary Dr. I have an appointment in December.(DECEMBER) Wtf! So she won't order the blood test. She agree s with me but it must go through this guy I haven't even seen. So for two days I've spent hours wasted for absolutely nothing.
I'm a little frustrated to say the least. I guess this weekend I'll have to take a trip to get bloods done. or I'll just wait til I start my cycle and do it 4weeks in. Then still get my free bee when I see my Dr. In December. What do you guys/girls think.

Idk macedog she seems concerned about issues, I have found that things get easier with primary care drs after build a relationship and they get to know u .....so I wouldnt worry about not gettin green light on bloods so much .....

and about court I paid for his jeans and silver chain and emergency room co-pay :coffee:..so not too bad .....

Hit the gym with my son . He wasn't as sore as I thought he might be. Which is great news cuz I didn't want to scare him off.

Arm day! Again ,going easy at first .don't want to give him to much and make him to sore.

STANDING ALT- BICEP CURLS 1-2MIN REST BETWEEN SETS
3X 8 SON , 3 X 12,10,8 MYSELF

PREACHER CURLS
3X 8,6,5 SON. 3X 15,12,10

CABLE CURLS /CLOSE GRIP W/ finisher SUPERSET

3X 8,6,6 4th set EXHAUSTION, drop down weight til exhaustion.

Myself 3.x 12,10,10 4th set. Exhaustion,then pull pin ,skip down one plate til exhaustion,skip another plate til exhaustion

REVERSE CURLS

3x8,6,6 (w/spot). 3x15,12,10

Wrist CURLS SEATED ON BENCH, (one arm , dumbbells)

3x20,17,15 son, 3x25 myself
As soon as both arms complete one set of wrist CURLS , I grab the ez curl bar and do 15 weighted reverse CURLS.this is considered 1set. Do this 3x.

STANDING cable reverse CURLS.
3 x superset everyset til exhaustion. Son did 2sets. I did three.

I know I was supposed to go light ,which I did on the weights. But I couldn't help myself with the forearms. figured at least show him how I normally work the last few exercises for my forearms. Again, everything was still light , and we went much slower than I would normally go.
But I think he likes it!!!!!!! Haha, wait til we start hitting two body parts.

Today's food so far is blah! Woke up had 16oz 1%milk, with supps. 2eggs.
Had a can of red kidney beans (homemade Cajun butter) about 6-8oz of leftover pot roast.

Had 1 protein drink . This is all so far for today.

Have to get to the store for my whole roasted chicken. Will eat on this the rest of the night.

Last edited:
....^^^^^^...nice work out ...:winkfinger:...son is holdin his own huh :winkfinger:

Tonight I will try and get in 3 HIIT sessions. 20-30mins. Each.
Also, gonna do some p90x style body exercises while at work. depends how I feel tonight.

....^^^^^^...nice work out ...:winkfinger:...son is holdin his own huh :winkfinger:
He was asking if his inner forearms were supposed to burn so much! I thought that was kinda funny! I explain to him its sore now, but after a week or so. He will crave that feeling , of fullness, power, growth. Trying to do legs ,last for the week . I know he will be hurting. But he is doing great! I'm excited. It's like I'm starting all over again. Remembering things I haven't thought about in years.

Back