• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

No carbs until after gym.

Titan5011

Always Hungry
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone else play with this? I haven't done it in a while. But I feel tired throughout the day eating carbs early.
There's research that shows our nervous system fires faster without carbs early in the day.
When I did this I felt great and energetic and was thinking about jumping back on it.

Personally, I love to carb up before a workout. Have done a few hungry or short on carbs and usually feel lethargic. It does feel like something I could train through though. After a month or so it would probably be fine.

You're supposed to pack in fat and protein early in the day. Takes about a week to get used to it

I'm opposite lol. I need carbs in the morning and decrease later in the day.

I believe Kiefer made this diet popularized in his carb backloading.

I believe Kiefer made this diet popularized in his carb backloading.

He made it popular but he was not the first to make it. But I have never used it so I can't say much on it.

Yeah, just the first to really elaborate and explain it in detail and added his own little twist. I enjoyed it. Leaned up nicely while gaining weight. Looking for more experiences with big guys. His forum is loaded down with iron noobs.

He made it popular but he was not the first to make it. But I have never used it so I can't say much on it.

This is just me:

No carbs pre workout is a recipe for disaster for myself. Im lethargic and feel like shit. I thought I read an article showing how fasted cardio breaks down muscle tissue for energy as well, as the body will look in the stomach first for energy, and after hitting the glycogen reserves, goes to breaking down muscle tissue for energy. Im too lazy to look for the article though.

This is just me:

No carbs pre workout is a recipe for disaster for myself. Im lethargic and feel like shit. I thought I read an article showing how fasted cardio breaks down muscle tissue for energy as well, as the body will look in the stomach first for energy, and after hitting the glycogen reserves, goes to breaking down muscle tissue for energy. Im too lazy to look for the article though.

This is the same for me. Now throw in 10-15 grams BCAAs and I no longer feel as lethargic. Also a little aggression from high test never hurts either.

Never felt stronger training or recovering than when I restrict carbs to fibrous vegetables.

If you're not training in the AM, it's rough.

Huh.. Guess I should make a log then. And see how much cheese cake I can get away with.

I'm opposite lol. I need carbs in the morning and decrease later in the day.

I've started doing this. I have my normal banana afterwards then a carb laden meal
An hour later. Boy I can definitely notice a difference working out without carbs in me before. I fucking suffered in the gym
Today and cut my workout short. Was extra weak too... Didn't like.

Huh.. Guess I should make a log then. And see how much cheese cake I can get away with.

Lol! I think the fat content is what will kill you there

my first 3 meals of the day are only proteins n fats

so my carb meals are later towards my workouts

only doing this cuss im on a cut, otherwise i would not do it i hate it lol feel fatigued as hell gotta take an extra nap to make it lol

I believe it is very difficult to train hard and put on muscle when your glycogen stores are low from no carbs . It is almost impossible to get a good pump . I stick to the tried and true carbs in the am or before a WO and afterward to fuel glycogen replenishment and recouperation .

I believe it is very difficult to train hard and put on muscle when your glycogen stores are low from no carbs . It is almost impossible to get a good pump . I stick to the tried and true carbs in the am or before a WO and afterward to fuel glycogen replenishment and recouperation .

Oh for sure Lou. Agree 110%. I loved the carb pump I had a week ago, today, fasted, was awful man

Last edited:
You're glycogen stores aren't low from the all the carbs you ate the night prior. (You eat a lot and right after the gym). And damn-it I forgot about cheesecake and all the fat. Guess fruit pastries it is.

I prefer stuffing myself like a turkey before I go to bed anyways. So it works for me. Not a huge fan of eating as soon as I wake. But carbs definitely make me groggy after I eat them. Complex or simple.

Last edited:
What about meal timing in general....is that important or as long you get your macros in for the day you're good?.... Thanks guys

Get Shredded!
What about meal timing in general....is that important or as long you get your macros in for the day you're good?.... Thanks guys

I find a benefit to it. This is a controversial subject though.

Benefit to what just getting your macros in for the day regardless of the time....except post work out of course I think that's important

I would not do that. You need to load muscle glycogen to have fuel prior to training.

And that as we'll sorry before working out and post workout but other than that does the rest of the meals matter?

I personally find meal timing to be important depending on the style of diet you're doing. Some people don't. But that's mainly because those people have never tried it or just don't react as well to it.

I cut up fast if I only eat carbs directly after my workouts and my strength shoots up. But not everyone is the same.

Some people are also just afraid of change. I've tried most diets. So far my personal favorite is Carb Cycling.

Benefit to what just getting your macros in for the day regardless of the time....except post work out of course I think that's important

Back