• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Shoulder Pain

TigerTailgater

Board Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am on a push/pull split. I was on my push day and after doing flat bench (issue all in itself) the top of my right shoulder was killing me. I could not lift my right arm up at all or rotate it. It feels like a severe bruise right on top of the shoulder. Any one have this issue? What could it be?

Run not walk run away from flat bench and never do it again. You are one if the people who's body hates it. Do dumbell bench so it doesn't lock you out causing pain. Or really grow the chest by decline, incline, and dips love me some dips.

Run not walk run away from flat bench and never do it again. You are one if the people who's body hates it. Do dumbell bench so it doesn't lock you out causing pain. Or really grow the chest by decline, incline, and dips love me some dips.

Yea. I agree. I have not had this issue in the past but, in last couple months my shoulder always bothers me after flat bench. Needless to say but, no more flat bench for me.

It could be many things. There is so much going on in the shoulder joint it is hard to say. I was experiencing shoulder pain similar to what you describe for most of this year. I continued to train. Backed off for about 7 weeks or so at one point, no upper body work to let it heal up. It felt better so I jumped back in. Pain came back within about 3 weeks. Finally I got it checked by an Ortho doc. Before that i was doing everything but see the doc to get by. Massage, PT exercises, ice, ART, I mean whatever you can think of I tried it. Anyway I have impingement syndrome, bone spurs, damage in my labrum (not to the extent of needing surgery, thank God), and arthritis. My cartilage has become deteriorated where the bones rub together. Can I recover without surgery, will I ever be the same, at this point, I don't know. I am going through physical therapy currently hoping for the best. I guess my point is, if it continues to bother you, go get it checked out by a professional. If I had done this months ago I may already be back to lifting. If it hurts and continues to hurt each time you do a movement, you're doing damage of some sort. I love to train hard and have always shunned aches and pains, but some of them you have to listen to. I wish I had this state of mind years ago. Best of luck in getting it resolved!

I always wondered why they wouldn't let us do flat bench during season when playing professional baseball. But now I know why.

It could be many things. There is so much going on in the shoulder joint it is hard to say. I was experiencing shoulder pain similar to what you describe for most of this year. I continued to train. Backed off for about 7 weeks or so at one point, no upper body work to let it heal up. It felt better so I jumped back in. Pain came back within about 3 weeks. Finally I got it checked by an Ortho doc. Before that i was doing everything but see the doc to get by. Massage, PT exercises, ice, ART, I mean whatever you can think of I tried it. Anyway I have impingement syndrome, bone spurs, damage in my labrum (not to the extent of needing surgery, thank God), and arthritis. My cartilage has become deteriorated where the bones rub together. Can I recover without surgery, will I ever be the same, at this point, I don't know. I am going through physical therapy currently hoping for the best. I guess my point is, if it continues to bother you, go get it checked out by a professional. If I had done this months ago I may already be back to lifting. If it hurts and continues to hurt each time you do a movement, you're doing damage of some sort. I love to train hard and have always shunned aches and pains, but some of them you have to listen to. I wish I had this state of mind years ago. Best of luck in getting it resolved!
Good post brother!

Back