• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

First Cycle Journal Test E.

Smora13

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello All,
Will be posting my cycle and how it goes for people to critique and follow.
To begin.
I am 22 years old
5' 10"
169lbs
8.5% Body Fat (Using Calipers)
Lifting for five years, weightlifting for 2 years, and cross fit for a year. Athletics my whole life.
Eat very healthy,
Monday-Thursday & Saturday: 200g carbs -- 90g fat -- 330g protein
Friday: 400g + of carbs -- 90g fat -- 330g protein - "cheat/carbo load for rugby"
Sunday: 100g carbs -- 90g of fat -- 330g Protein - "low carb day"

The Cycle
My planned cycle will look like this:
Weeks 1-12: test e
Week 1: 1000mg for the 1st week 500mg Monday and 500mg Thursday
Week 2-12@250mg/ml on Monday and Thursday

Weeks 1-12: arimidex @0.5mg eod

Weeks 2-12:500iu per week of HCG
Weeks 2-10: Anavar 50mg/d
Week 3-11 2 weeks on 2 weeks of Clen Cycle 20,20,40,40,60,80,100,100,80,60,40,40,20,20
Week 14-15:clomid@ 50mg/day
Week16-18:clomid@25mg/day

Today is Tuesday, yesterday I pinned 500mg on the right glute. Was surprised by how easily it went in. No bleeding seemed to be a great injection. PIP was non existent yesterday had no issues during crossfit and weightlifting. This morning there was some soreness but unless I sit down I don't even notice. Can't complain for a first time at it.

@eatschildren, I play rugby so am looking to add lean mass while increasing strength and maintaining speed and endurance. If I can continue to improve on speed and endurance whatever weight that ends up being is unimportant to me. Would love to see myself just as fast if not faster at 185lbs or so. So anywhere from a 7kg to 12kg in solid muscle gain in the 12 weeks.

Day 3 07/23/14
This morning I weighed in @ Weight 168.4lbs
My Macros yesterday where --Carbs: 180g Protein: 335g Fats: 100g
Still feeling slightly off, and a little lightheaded but overall feeling pretty good. The PIP is more than manageable but still soreness in the right glue. Tomorrow is injection #2 of 500mg test e. Will post pic soon.

Why the hell are you using Clen when you're at 8.5% bodyfat? You also don't say anything in your goals about wanting to lose more fat. Get rid of it, unless you want to be so run down and shaky you can't hold a rugby ball.

@iammikewatts From the reading I had done on Clen, it would give me that final push I needed to lose any extra body fat. My midsection still has a bit of subcutaneous fat from years of unhealthy eating. Felt it would give me that push. I am in the of season so I can afford some uncomfortable sides at the moment. This does make me think twice though, and I may try it for a a short two week cycle and give my body time to recover before pre season starts in Septemeber.

You can put on a lot more muscle without using steroids at your stats IMO. You should be able to him 190-200lbs at your height, 10-14% natural.

You're also pretty young.

I'd suggest Tbol at 60mg/ED for 6-8 weeks, or Halo Extreme for 5-6 weeks. I'm a fan of Turinabol for a first timer.

Day 3 07/23/14
This morning I weighed in @ Weight 168.4lbs
My Macros yesterday where --Carbs: 180g Protein: 335g Fats: 100g
Still feeling slightly off, and a little lightheaded but overall feeling pretty good. The PIP is more than manageable but still soreness in the right glue. Tomorrow is injection #2 of 500mg test e. Will post pic soon.

180x4 = 720
335x4 = 1340
100x9 = 900

total 2960 kcals

You're going to be in an anabolic state you've NEVER had, since puberty at least, I'd bump those calories up a bit.
And what's your workout like?
The cycle is fine; test e first cycle is excellent choice.
That is a strong ai I'd go same but every 4th day; DON'T CRASH YOUR E.
HCG isn't needed rigth away maybe at week 4-5 and at half that.
You'll want that hcg to be used at the last 2 weeks on cycle then into your pct; depencing what pct you like.
I hit the hcg last 2 weeks on cycle, 4 weeks into pct, then drop it completely.
Lose the clen; you don't need it.
If you aren't eating ben and jerry's you'll find, after 12 weeks, the pure metabolic enhancement and added muscle mass alone will reduce fat deposit's quite a bit.
Hell I'm dieting hard and I'm at 3900 and fully 65% of that from fat. Oh, and I'm OLD!
just suggestions

Too young and too high a dose for a first timer. Your first cycle shouldn't be over 500mg and shouldn't be run until your 25. Your test levels at 22 are still peaking and you don't wanna mess w that right now. Wait to do this.

IML Gear Cream!
Once you go on test you're never going to want to come off test bro....Either stay away from it all or go all in. Blast and cruise is the way to go IMO.

@bigsjunk

Today my macros were 171g carbs 442g Protein and 90g fats.
Do you think I should up carbs? I am barely maintaing weight as I lift two to three times a day. I eat very health and my fats are all from lean meats and nuts.
Thanks for the help on the HCG and ai. Its greatly appreciated!

Day 4
Began the morning with a warm shower and injected the second dosage of 500mg Test E into my left glute. Was a little more difficult as I had to predominantly use my left hand but it still went in smoothly and I injected much more slowly this time. Hopefully this prevents some of the PIP I felt on the right glute 2-3 days after the injection. I am feeling much better, the "flu" is going away and I feel like I have my energy back.

Scale is at 168.8lbs

3200 Calories Yesterday
170g Carbs 440g Protein & 90g fat

Deadlift is @ 255lbs (I know its low, had knee surgery 2 years ago)
Bench is @ 265lbs 1 rep max
Squat is @ 250 3 rep max
Front Squat @205 3 rep max
1600m -- 5:05
800m 2:02
400m 52.5
200m 22.8
100m 11.35

@bigsjunk

Today my macros were 171g carbs 442g Protein and 90g fats.
Do you think I should up carbs? I am barely maintaing weight as I lift two to three times a day. I eat very health and my fats are all from lean meats and nuts.
Thanks for the help on the HCG and ai. Its greatly appreciated!
'

Holy fuck. Any reason at all for so much protein?

'

Holy fuck. Any reason at all for so much protein?

You keep protein intake like that constant and it does absolute wonders to your recovery time, especially when you're on test and protein synthesis is through the roof.

I always go for 500-600g a day. It's a guy thing.

My question is why are his carbs so low, thats like crazy small number even if you were on a cut.

You keep protein intake like that constant and it does absolute wonders to your recovery time, especially when you're on test and protein synthesis is through the roof.

Huh. Very interesting. From all the research I have I have never seen a reported benefit for going over 1.5*BW. And that would be assuming a caloric deficit. Thanks for the reply man!

Huh. Very interesting. From all the research I have I have never seen a reported benefit for going over 1.5*BW. And that would be assuming a caloric deficit. Thanks for the reply man!

I've read the research as well. but from my personal experience the gains and decrease in recovery time didn't lie. Eating 600g a day while at 245 lbs for me was a huge break through. Was on like 1.2g of test though.

I've read the research as well. but from my personal experience the gains and decrease in recovery time didn't lie. Eating 600g a day while at 245 lbs for me was a huge break through. Was on like 1.2g of test though.
No I really meant appreciate the reply and your perspective. I'm a big science nerd of course. But I love hearing from guys in the trenches. Its interesting. Not demeaning your experiences in the least!

No I really meant appreciate the reply and your perspective. I'm a big science nerd of course. But I love hearing from guys in the trenches. Its interesting. Not demeaning your experiences in the least!

Wasn't offended, just sharing my .02 from my own personal trial and error process.

Get Shredded!

My question is why are his carbs so low, thats like crazy small number even if you were on a cut.

I was a little low yesterday. I generally do 200g a day and 1 refeed day of 400+ and another day where i cut my carb to 100g. I bloat very easily with high carb, my body is weird that way. I will start to increase as the weeks go buy and my metabolism/protein synthesis continues to go up.

Yesterday 07/25/14 was a huge day in the weight room. Legs were completely mangled by the end of the day. Two weightlifting sessions and a crossfit session to boot.
Refeed was a success.
420g Carbs 400g Protein and 150g Fats = 4600 calories.
Woke up this morning weighing 170.8lbs

Soreness is gone from the right glute and the PIP from the left is minimal and much less than the right glute was. Warming the solution seemed to help tremendously as well as taking the injection early in the morning.

Umm, maybe I should have starte with this: what are your goals?
I ask because I don't care how much you pin and eat. If you're crossfitting AND doing multiple weight workouts in a day I don't see much muscle accumulation happening.
A little bloat right now is a GOOD thing btw. bring your carbs up, just swap out some protein for now. I'm not talking about capt'n crunch but not a bunch of salad and veggies either, somewher in between. I just avoid bread, all bread, and keep to tasty rices, and I'll get a HUGE bunch of my daily carb intake right after my weight workout in the morning by eating hashbrowns; love em. Oh, instead of wheat pasta I'll use the veggie sprial pasta; a two fer.

Umm, maybe I should have starte with this: what are your goals?
I ask because I don't care how much you pin and eat. If you're crossfitting AND doing multiple weight workouts in a day I don't see much muscle accumulation happening.
A little bloat right now is a GOOD thing btw. bring your carbs up, just swap out some protein for now. I'm not talking about capt'n crunch but not a bunch of salad and veggies either, somewher in between. I just avoid bread, all bread, and keep to tasty rices, and I'll get a HUGE bunch of my daily carb intake right after my weight workout in the morning by eating hashbrowns; love em. Oh, instead of wheat pasta I'll use the veggie sprial pasta; a two fer.

My goals is strength and lean gains for rugby season. So far bloat has been minimal I weighed in at 171.4 today and ate about 3k calories on a low workout day (rest day for the most part). I fear the carb increase only because I react very aggresively to carbs. high carbs = bloating and fat gain. But I will begin increasing carbs as the weeks progress. Would you recommend a certain amount. Something like 300g or 400g? I am at 200g atm with one refeed day on friday and a half carb day on sunday.
Thanks for the input will log tomorrow with my 3rd injection

Bloat is NOT fat. You should embrace it because it's going to be a response to the test. You are going to experience a profound anabolic response that will neccesitate allowing your body to "bloat". This increases blood volume, fluid volume of muscles, resulting in a greater strength right off the bat; yoiu need to FEED this anabolic response. Take advantage of it and eat, eat eat but cleanly. You'll be shocked at how quickly your weight goes up but be advised if you DON'T feed that growth it will disappear just as quickly when you stop the test.
You want to keep as much as you can of the muscle weight and strength but no one keeps it all so don't worry bout fat; you're a natural dieter so I'd assume your gains would be damn near fat free.
Increase carbs slowly and stop cycling them, carbs, while you are on cycle; just eat.
If strength is a focus, as it should be, put together a strict weight regimen that is directed at increasing strength on a weekly basis. Meaning, stop doing two a days, select 1 main movement for each body part; example: leg press for legs, bent row for back, dumbell press for shoulders. Now, add 10 pounds to that exercise each week until you can't add more weight you may add 100 pounds before that eventuallity though. 5 pounds for smaller body parts, shoulders for example, just 5 pounds a week. Lower your rep ranges to 5-8; YES, EVEN FOR LEGS!!
Drop the crossfit for more rugby skills drills in the gym or on the field.

@bigsjunk, "Increase carbs slowly and stop cycling them, carbs, while you are on cycle; just eat."

Duly noted! Will beginning increasing my carbs steadily and just monitor my body comp and fat percentage as I do. I really appreciate the response and will be seriously considering cutting the # of WOD and concentrating more on increasing strength, and making it my priority. My last question would be, I mentally need to count calories is just what I do. Is there a calorie goal I should be hitting. At the moment I am averaging about 3,500 a day. Should I be shooting for 4000? or 4.5? Thanks

Day 7: This is the first week of my cycle so far so good. Injected this morning, Test E 250mg into the right glute. PIP has been minimal so far. Made sure to warm the oil beforehand.
No sides
Appetite is up
Weight is at 172.4 which is about a 3.5lb gain in a week.

Have been told to start really increasing calories based on the amount of exercise as well as my ability to gain.
Started Arimidex @ .25mg no sides but never hurts and will begin HCG shots 250 iu next week.
Will keep everyone posted.

Day 9
Things have been going well so far. There is no pain in the right glute and my strength has been noticeably getting stronger. I have only bloated slightly. Yesterday I cheated on my diet a bit and ate a lot of food. All good food but a lot of it.
My macros where
510g Carbs 520g Protein and 150g in Fats. This was about 5,800 calories. :/
Will only eat about 3,000 calories today as a result of the massive intake in cals last night. If I lose too much definition I will drop to about 3,500 calories a day from 4,000 ATM.

My Weight showed the amount of food I ate as I was at:

176.0 lbs this morning.
I also took
40mg of Clen

Rowed 2000m in 5:04
Bench Press @ 225 x5
Squat @ 215 x5
Deadlift @ 285 X 3
Overhead Squat @ 125x5

To Updated people
I am running 500mg/week Test E @ 250mg on Monday and Thursday
Arimidex @.5mg EOD