• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Doing 2-a-days to make up for lack of gym time.

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Like a lot of you guys I work long weeks and wondering if anyone has dabbled with doing two a days to remedy the lack of time to get to the gym on a constant schedule.

Saturday and sunday I usually can get it in no problem, but then I gotta find time in the week to get in 3 more sessions. If I caught a day off and did say legs in the morning and chest later that day would I be risking gainzz? How much time in between sessions do you need for glycogen stores to refill and stuff?

There's a reason why none of the best lifters or BBers cram all their training in a weekend.

You just won't be able to bring the same intensity and your CNS will be fried if you use more than a pink dumbbell. Your CNS takes more time to recover than your muscles.

That said, something is better than nothing

You're probably going to hear mixed reviews about two a days man. Some people will say its counter productive while others use it routinely. Personally I don't have enough energy anymore after my workout to do two a days. I know back in high school when I wrestled and played football we did two a days and that shit got me in shape pronto. I don't see any problem with it, but I don't have any research regarding it on hand so it's purely speculation on my part.

Stop over analyzing things.

I've been going to the gym doing two a days, mainly fasted cardio for an hour, home, food, nap, weights afternoon, repeat on days off.

Go MOAR!

^^^Same here

Most of my two a days when I need to do them are cardio in the am w one muscle group and then a smaller group that night

You gotta do what you gotta do to get it in

Yeah 2 a days are for noooooobs. All your doing is degrading your CNS and tissue even more in that second workout, and if a guy tells me hes doing 2 a days, I know atleast one of those workouts is half-assed. Just get it in as much as you can, once a day has hard as you can go, and recover. Cramming in workouts like that just does more harm than good its that simple.

Back