• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Do you fish?

Bama78

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Surely folks out there like to fish. If not then I'm sorry.

Old saying goes something like this....
"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day; Teach a man to fish and he'll eat everyday".

Took my old lead mfg manager out today on one of my many fishing holes.
He did well. Several we just threw back since the fish were big we wanted to conserve space on the live wells. My bigen for the day was just under 5 lbs but here's his tally for the morning.

1= 7lbs
2= 5-5.5lbs
1= 4lbs

There's bigger out there but for his first time ever, he had a nice 3 hour trip I'd say.
Our location has been small mouth heaven for many years. The one in the pic is a large mouth obviously. There's plenty of them too We've been rated in the Top 5 bass spots many years off and on.
Catfish heaven as well.
Do you fish?
Showem if ya gotem!

Attachments

• 1402767081899.jpg
    1402767081899.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 44
I love fishing. Need to get out this year already but my favorite real is a little fucked up. Got left outside and got some grime in the bearings

Nice!

I love fishing. I have 22' center console. I mainly fish saltwater but, I do like to fish fresh water too...shit, I just like being on the water!

- - - Updated - - -

I love fishing. Need to get out this year already but my favorite real is a little fucked up. Got left outside and got some grime in the bearings

Get some stuff called Reel Magic...this stuff is amazing!

I look into it! Thanks man!

I really enjoy fishin ...fished my whole life always happy to do it ....peaceful no hustle and bustle just u and fish .......and I get the old pop and son time with my pops :winkfinger:

I live in fishing heaven here in the Lone Star State but I don't get to go as much as I like to. Any fishing be it a pond or offshore is always fun and the stress relief from worrying about nothing at all is priceless.

I dont have any pics on this phone to post and im 600 miles away from home working but I grew up fishing. I live close the gulf of Mexico so i have access to fresh water and salt. I grew up fishing old Oxbow lakes that the Mississippi river left when it changed courses. We would tare up the crappie or white perch as people call them where im from, set lines for catfish, find where then blue gill where bedding and fill a cooler. Recently I have really got into speckled trout fishing in the gulf with my dad thats some fun fishing...i do alot of fishing for bass but mostly in ponds or creeks

I love fishing, used to go with my pops as a kid, went a year ago by myself and it was hard as hell to try and figure out what weights and lines and hooks to use. need more info on proper gear for certain areas.

I dont have any pics on this phone to post and im 600 miles away from home working but I grew up fishing. I live close the gulf of Mexico so i have access to fresh water and salt. I grew up fishing old Oxbow lakes that the Mississippi river left when it changed courses. We would tare up the crappie or white perch as people call them where im from, set lines for catfish, find where then blue gill where bedding and fill a cooler. Recently I have really got into speckled trout fishing in the gulf with my dad thats some fun fishing...i do alot of fishing for bass but mostly in ponds or creeks

Can't beat a good Bream and Sacalait (This is what we call them in Louisiana) fish fry.

By the way, it is pronounced as Brim and Sack-a-Lay...for all the Yankees! :D

IML Gear Cream!
Just got word that the one he thought was 7lbs weighed in at 10.2 I figured it was about 9 lbs but I was trying not to tell a fish tale.lol
Massive for a first time or any level for that matter

Sweet. I bow fish some, snag and frog gig but no spears. Like to try it tho

used to fish a whole bunch...from 75 miles off the shore of Freeport Texas overnight to Lake Fork to Harris Chain in Florida...

big fish is 11.54 lbs from the St. John's River in Florida(sight fishing bed fish)...best day fishing was on Lake Guerrero Mexico...prob caught 200+ bass with most in the 5-8 lb range...had 2 just shy of 10 that day...and about 100 of those little 8oz Sol Beers too go with the day..along with some nice company back at the lodge:)

Havn't fished in 2 years...last trip was a short off shore saltwater guide trip of the east coast of Florida...caught a bunch of ok snapper..

S2h swing over a few miles bro. You'd hava blast!
Them smallmouth are better fighters than large as always but these you'd swear were saltwater bass by the fight they bring!

i have fished the bronze backs a bunch and they are some fighters...fished Lake Michigan a few times and it was infested with them...and the 3-4lb kind..like running into a freight train...been into some bigger ones on Kentucky Lake in the 5-7lb class..not a bunch but one of those will make a day...

You got me thinking about fishing now...lol...

Lol. There are bigger in other places around this lil world. But this 10 pounder has me thinking about the species I usually fish for. Now the small mouth here will have you waiting for him to get tired just to keep him from jumping outa the water and throwing your hook.soon as you reel in Anywhere near that boat he will freak out unless he's tired. So, in the meantime you're fighting!....I think catfish will be a contingency plan for me for a few weeks.lol!

Jk I'm still juggin!!!

Juggin 101 : The cheap version for folks who have been held back from their animal within or just a city slicker...

Regular Pool noodles(I like these. You can use milk jugs, 2 liter bottles, the big Gatorade bottles, etc.)
Cut the noodles in 1ft sections.

Tie your line on one end, tight! At least 20 lb test. I use 50. Run the line through the middle of the noodle, about 3" from the end, with a flathead screwdriver or just run it around the noodle a few times with a few knots throughout. Doesn't matter as long as it's tight enough to where you see it make a nice deep indention all the way around the noodle and so you don't lose your fish!!! Remember Tie It Tight!

Then measure out the line from the noodle about 2ft farther than your honey hole is deep...cut the line there.
Tie your lead a lil over a foot from the other end of the line (3/4oz. for normal currents go heavier for faster.)
Then tie your hook on the end. This style is just my preference I like the current to make the bait move free and beautifully stinky(1-0 - 4-0 circle sea hooks. Circle sea hooks set themselves as long as there is a lil tension....perfect for juggin)(tidbit...unless you're skilled with a cs hook and you try to set the hook you will miss your fish!)
On the end of the noodle that doesn't have the line tied on it, run some reflective tape around the end.
Then roll the line around the noodle on the end it's tied to and stick the hook in the end for storage or travel.

Now...
Undo the hook and Unroll the line a lil bit.Bait with some good ole chicken liver. Fresh. Unfrozen preferably.
Toss off the side of the boat. Make sure it unrolls all the way. Place noodles at least 10 ft apart for normal currents, farther for faster currents.

When you get a bite, the end of the noodle with the reflective tape stands straight up. Telling you a fish is on or nibbling. If it leaves the pack of noodles that you set out then go get it.
Reflective tape at night Is a beacon if a spotlight or even a half dead flash light shines on it. If It flashes at you, go get yer fish.

Sorry I like ramblin bout sum fishes!

Of course when it goes under and disappears then keep yer eyes open.
They will ture and it will pop up somewhere eventually!

I know guy who throws a few jingle bells inside his milk jugs so he can hear them. I've seen pics but haven't been with him so I don't know how well that works.
A couple months ago a went into my storage room in my carport and someone had stolen all my fishing gear and my air compressor so I don't know what I'm gonna do this year.

Any bell. There are some made to go on the rod. Some just for Xmas. Doesn't matter. As long as it jingles. I don't usem cause I'm right there within 50 yards and I'm watchin them..... as much as my buzz let's me.

Brother come see me. I got you covered. Fully packed table box ready to go. I have several full boxes for different species or a compilation of all kinds in case I'm feelin froggy. Rod n reels too. You're not far away!

Get Shredded!
Table box??? :nattyice:

*Tackle box

last year me and a buddy speared the Kansas state record alligator gar, 59 inches long 43 pounds. no fish tale here lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any bell. There are some made to go on the rod. Some just for Xmas. Doesn't matter. As long as it jingles. I don't usem cause I'm right there within 50 yards and I'm watchin them..... as much as my buzz let's me.

Brother come see me. I got you covered. Fully packed table box ready to go. I have several full boxes for different species or a compilation of all kinds in case I'm feelin froggy. Rod n reels too. You're not far away!

If my job ever sends me to bama I'll call ya. I used to have in-laws near Montgomery so I know all about the impala's with lift kits on 22" wheels.

Live 11 miles from the gulf, need to edit out my face and put up some pics! We've been killin em so far this summer.

Sweet. I bow fish some, snag and frog gig but no spears. Like to try it tho

We would get a long great. I could spend all day running jug lines.

Really considering going bow fishing soon in an upcoming weekend. It would be a first time for me but it's pretty popular around here.

I'm all about the outdoors. I hunt and fish. I haven't been taking many photos but my biggest this summer was a 8lb bass. I was raised to be in the outdoors, my family lives it. Sometimes I'll even bring my girl, she likes trout fishing.
Haha there's a throwback of my skinny self with jnco jean shorts on.. Was 15 years old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I just picked up my first fishing rod yesterday at cabelas. Ugly stik to start me off for bass and trout.

Figured might as well add fishing to the list of outdoors stuff I'm onto. My rifles come first, second is the bow, and now he rod :thumbup:

Back