• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

High Sodium intake.. Foods without sodium?

That_Tren_Life

Anabolic Monster
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I track everything I eat, even hot sauce. My sodium intake IS INSANE.. How the fuck do these guys talking about low sodium or no sodium do it? Typically what do you eat?

I basically eat chicken, rice, veggies 24/7 and the chicken is PACKED with sodium. I was at almost 4000mg today with just regular BB meals. fuuuuck

4000mg a day? Cheese and rice man. I'm not the one to talk but, after taking four nutrition classes you kinda figure out the bad, the good, etc. I generally eat the same as you from the sounds of it. I try to avoid things like the in n out that I ate on the way home today.. Processed foods, fries, artificial foods etc

It looks like you are keeping an eye on it. That enough will help you in the long run

I'll have to start looking at the labels a little better for sodium. I've been tracking my food on and off for years, now they have those apps it makes it 500xs easier. So since my first cycle I've been tracking religiously, never payed much attention to the sodium though. As I'm scrolling back, i've been eating between 2000-5500mg of sodium daily. I've been so bloated, I actually started taking Exemstane it was getting so bad. I'm thinking the high sodium intake on top of Deca is making it that much worse. Time to do some research. lol

4000 mg is fine since I found that high sodium article on flex Tryed it from there on out not worrying about it again.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

4000 mg is fine since I found that high sodium article on flex Tryed it from there on out not worrying about it again.

Yeah, maybe it's just the Deca then.. My body isn't bad it's really my face that's annoying the fuck out of me. lol, Exemstane is working, just not good enough. haha.

What's your water intake look like?

I'll have to start looking at the labels a little better for sodium. I've been tracking my food on and off for years, now they have those apps it makes it 500xs easier. So since my first cycle I've been tracking religiously, never payed much attention to the sodium though. As I'm scrolling back, i've been eating between 2000-5500mg of sodium daily. I've been so bloated, I actually started taking Exemstane it was getting so bad. I'm thinking the high sodium intake on top of Deca is making it that much worse. Time to do some research. lol

I will try to help you if I can. I'm in the process of getting another BA in kinesiology. Dumb, I should be doing NP or PA, but it's something I'm passionate about

1500-2300 mg for a "normal" person.

I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day.

I will try to help you if I can. I'm in the process of getting another BA in kinesiology. Dumb, I should be doing NP or PA, but it's something I'm passionate about

Thanks bro, It's crazy how much diet can make or break whatever you do. I probably should invest some time myself on the subject of food. I've just always did the bro thing.. Chicken, rice, broccoli. lol

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks bro, It's crazy how much diet can make or break whatever you do. I probably should invest some time myself on the subject of food. I've just always did the bro thing.. Chicken, rice, broccoli. lol

The bro thing is better than what the average person knows man. You know what you're doing, it's all good.

Found this on another site, my grandmother uses potato's to get salt out of food so i can see this method working. However, my grandmother just throws them in with the chicken and cooks as normal... not all of this shat below ;)

"[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]take chicken, and clean under water (always clean chicken before using, get all that nasty scum and potential salmonella off it) and BRAISE or POACH it a simple braise would be water (to ensure sodium leeching, use distilled over tap, your tap might have trace amounts of sodium in it), onion, garlic, black pepper, celery, carrots. All these veggies are not going to impact calories, but will impact flavor, and that is what you want, heat this mxture up to 180 degrees and simmer it until veggies are translucent, and it smells nicey nice[/FONT]

then lower the temp to 165-175, place chicken breast in, this will cook the chicken

a little culinary trick? use a potato (yes, a regular russet idaho potato) to remove salt half of one, cleaned, peeled, rough chopped should suffice for this, add this as u add the chicken, the potato will draw sodium out of the solution

the chemistry of it: since sodium level is higher in the chicken breast than the braising liquid, it will start to leech out to equalize sodium levels inside meat and the liquid, the potato will soak up the sodium, causing more and more sodium to leech out of the breast and be absorbed by the [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]potato[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]cook the chicken till its 160-163 degrees (yes, thats under recommended FDA temp) pull the chicken out of the liquid and let sit for 10 minutes before eating it, its oging to continue to cook as it rests, bringing it up to and over FDA reccomended 165, giving u a tender, juicey and FLAVORFUL chicken breast"

[/FONT]

I will def be trying that! Thanks bro

The only issue I have with that recipe is the rinsing of the chicken. You cannot rinse salmonella off. All rinsing chicken does is spread the salmonella around into everything.

What seasoning are you using for your chicken and rice? Mrs. Dash salt-free has helped me drop some sodium.

Yeah that's all I tend to get is Mrs Dash.. And another thing called Spice God off of Instagram. Apparently all natural seasoning which taste amazing!

Back