• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Please read,ESP Powerlifters,very impt,great cause

LifeIsHeavyLIFT

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey bros,

I want to try and post this incase I do zonk out til tomorrow morning, that way I can read any good responses/advice to the girls on the drive to the meet. Yes I am driving and cheering while the girl compete... But I'm not embarrassed, just keep reminding myself I could still beat them up :) actually I'm not so sure about that with her training partner. But yes...

Of all people, it's my little sis who is into comp lifting. Forgive my limited knowledge, this will be her first meet I will see this weekend. She has done all real lifts for sometime including Olympic lifts, but I am pretty sure this will be a deadlift,squat,BP meet if that sounds right?

It's this weekend in Virginia near Charlottesville if that means anything to anyone. It would help if I knew the name, but I make a point to not be helpful when asking for free advice. Anyway, my sis is new to it, only comp. once before at a regional thing and got second. But her training partner is going for a WR deadlift if they are to be believed.

Chick is 140-145 and I've seen her pull well over 400... Or so I was told. The colored weight throw me in calc-ing. But I have no reason to doubt the attempt is legit. Anyway, I'm clearly floundering off no sleep so I'll throw it to you guys. Any advice, tips, basically whatever. Even encouragement. I've been football and weights for it so I'm limited here.

I guys have full start to finish routines they suggest, throw em up. Things to DO, things not to Do. Little tips or tricks. Hell, even good ways to psych up or psych others out... Again IDK if trash talking is a part of comp. powerlifting. Basically, I will be relaying you advice to to young ladies who have serious potential and work hard. Good girls. Anything you can say or advise they will be thrilled to hear. I need you guys to help them bc it's not my wheelhouse. If people don't have time or there aren't a lot of comp power lifters or you guys hate me for not sleeping and rambling today, no worries but...

If I got 200 advice posts these girls would read them all twice. I know there is a ton of knowledge here. If you got the time drop it, anytime before tomorrow midday. I will try to be awake a bit longer if you have questions.

I am damn proud of both of them, people who have never competed don't understand how hard it is to put yourself out there, to face failure. These two are doing it tomorrow as newbies. I hope I can show them why I am alway crowing about this board and have some good advice, stories, protocols, etc to share with them. Couldn't be time better spent, they will appreciate every word you type. Sorry for any typos.

Got nothing but love for this board, my new home.

good thread. would read again.

Well let's hope I get a few. This sleep thing, unreal. But I hope some guy with comp. exp respond. Even just what their comp day routine looks like. Or anything. Don't think it needs to be from/for women, though that would be great. At this point, they will value just general pointers and advise thats probably second nature to most

good thread. would read again.

Dam bro, I appreciate that. I know I'm not as to the point as usual being near 50hrs sans sleep but thing is... Under it all I am just really proud of her. My siblings spent their whole lives in my athletic shadow... More like black box. To see her step up with something this intense, for me to be cheering her on, to be the one not understanding what's what, I am so thankful to her for giving me that. To be on the other side.

Back