• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Post insulin shake ingredients.

BTC

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone with experience here? Last time I tried it was 5 years ago and it was a failure. I just ate glucose tabs and drank whey. Piss poor protocol. Bad advice. Didnt get the extreme muscle tightness, gastric emptying ect.
Not sold on doing it again. Still thinking out loud about it. making notes, ect. I wanted to see if anyone with experience could give me the thumbs up or down on what I plan to use for my post injection shake. Numbers will depend on iu's obviously.

Example 8iu of slin =

ON Hydrowhey, 60g
Gaspari Aminolast, 20g
Gaspari Glycofuse, 75g
Glutamine 20g
Creatine 10g

^^^ Yay? Nay?
Any creatine suggestions? Monohydrate? Nitrate? ect....

Post pin meal will have brown rice for carbs.

My friend ran this protocol taken from Jay from Ukmuscle:

30 minutes before workout
Inject 15 IU Humalog
60 grams Vitargo, Karbolyn (or similar).
20 grams of Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
4.5 grams GPLC.
5 grams Micronized creatine monohydrate.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.
2 grams vitamin C.
500 mg Potassium.

60 minutes later
20 grams Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate.
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.

60 minutes later
20 grams hydrolyzed protyein (whey, casein, or beef).

Hope it helps, insulin scares the shit out of me.

Not into the pre workout protocol. Intense training can send your glucose levels into the shitter quick without you realizing it.
I respect it but I'm not scared of it.

Last edited:
Not into the pre workout protocol. Intense training can send your glucose levels into the shitter quick without you realizing it.
I respect it but I'm not scared of it.

I think you're on the right track. Hydrolysed whey and cyclic dextrins for carbs, some leucine, glutamine and creatine.

I'd drop the hydrolyzed and go for peptopro as its much easier to digest and faster. You're basically slowing down the absorption of the hbcd's. This is what I've done with amazing results.

Glycofuse
10g bcaas
10g creatine mono
10g glutamine
5g leucine
Peptopro

BTC ....

I can understand your POV about glucose levels falling during WO and that's why you are not a fan of Pre-pinning ..... but hear me out.

I like a 3 hour slin .....

Why?

Because if done correctly ...... if your shakes are on point (pre, peri, and post) .... you are getting a constant shuttling of nutrients to the muscles from start ... to finish ... to post WO.

My levels never crashed and I hit it hard ...... what I found was that my intra shake had my muscles recovering at an incredible rate between sets so that I felt almost "fresh" for each and every set. My muscles were full. I did not hit this correctly my very 1st shake I should say ..... I had to tweak it several times so that I found MY sweet spot of not crashing and getting enough nutrients .... to not have too much and feeling bloated and sick (which you can).

And with a 3 hour slin .... I was also able to make the most of my PWO shake AND meal.

I liked basskillers protocol but I tweaked it to fit MY needs. I did 10iu prior to WO btw.

I like your thoughts on shake ideas but I DO agree with bush .... peptopro is a much quicker digest. Its a great product IMO.

This is just my .02

I certainly have known just as many people who only did PWO pins of slin.

I hope this was helpful to you.

QZ

Just keep it simple...

You never stated what insulin you are using so this is for a 8iu injection do HUMALOG, post work out

immediately when you are finished with your workout, (usually when I get to my locker) slam a 20oz Gatorade...

Pin your 8iu. I prefer IM... (Get changed,wash up, pin in a stall in the men's room in the gym).. (set timer..I use my phone)

(Within a rew minues, after your injection)...As you are leaving the gym.. Sip on a pre made, home made shake consisting of:

- 50g whey isolate (I use isopure because it has a very low fat content of 1g per serving)
- 50g Glyco-Fuse
- 10g creatine
- 10g glutamine

It usualy takes me about 15/20 min to get home from the gym so il'l be finished this shake before I actually get there...

At roughly 45mn (according to the timer set, after the pin)..is when I will eat a meal.. This can vary but I usually always do 200g white rice and 6 egg whites...

Note: I kept a log of my blood sugar levels using a glucose meter. I would test my blood at all different times just to see what foods did what to my levels at these various times.... Especially right after my injection, at the 30min, 45min, and 1hr post injection times... and at around the 3hr mark, post injection...

So why waste your money on glycofuse if your just going to mix it with an isolate? It goes against the reasoning for hbcd's. No offense but thats a waste of cash. In your case just use gatorade and isolate.

10g of carbs per 1iu.. Is the reasoning... Try it without the Glyco-fuse (or Karbolyn) and you'll be going hypo within 30min... Trust me..

Last edited:
10g of carbs per 1iu.. Is the reasoning... Try it without the Glyco-fuse (or Karbolyn) and you'll be going hypo within 30min... Trust me..

I have and used honey 6-7g per iu. No hypo. Believe me I know slin and my limitations. 6-7g/iu during any training besides legs. Legs 8-9g/iu.

IML Gear Cream!
Quad: For this first time trying it again and trying to do it right and feel it out I want to go post workout. To get to know my reactions, feeling ect. I have read a killer pre slin protocol, i think it was Mutants or something like that. It sounded brilliant. The muscle never really breaks down and you just keep building on it and forcing nutrients into it.

Bush: how much peptopro? The Mutant protocol I mentioned did call for peptopro actually. It had crossed my mind also. I figured as long as I was using Hydro I would be ok. I dont have a problem with trying peptopro though.

Also guys sorry I forgot to mention, I would like to use humalog/novolog. I put out some feelers this morning to try and locate it without a script. If anyone can be of any help in this area I would greatly appreciate it.
I would just use Humalin-R but being that it can linger for 6-8 hours combined with the fact that I get done trainiing at 9-10pm at night I do NOT obviously need possible active slin hanging around in my system when I go to bed at 1-1:30 am.
In fact I may try to switch my training all together to 10am while trying this.
As for the gatorade, isolate idea.... one of the things I have read over and over is that if you go the extra mile with higher quality ingredients it will make a difference in quality of your gains. I was already going to get glycofuse for intra and post workout anyways. So I'll just use that with the slin.

As for timing ect...I would just head right out to my car and pin immediately post workout. I only live 4 miles from my gym so getting home to eat isnt an issue.
ALso...incase anyone has any ideas I will be using Ipam at 200mcg 2x ED and if there is a way to incorperate this I would like to. Its confusing in a way because you cant have any carbs within an hour or it will blunt the GH spike ....and I have to have carbs....so....

Also where to get peptopro?? Protein factory? And with peptopro does that eliminate the need for other aminos?

My friend ran this protocol taken from Jay from Ukmuscle:

30 minutes before workout
Inject 15 IU Humalog
20 grams of Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
4.5 grams GPLC.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.
2 grams vitamin C.
500 mg Potassium.

60 minutes later
20 grams Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate.
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.

60 minutes later
20 grams hydrolyzed protyein (whey, casein, or beef).

Hope it helps, insulin scares the shit out of me.

I use something very similar to this...except I use 2 scoops of synthesize from VPX instead of the hydrolyzed protein. Also don't have beta in it or glycerol or taurine lol.

Slin shot...shake....gym with shake...home for food=growing :winkfinger:

Keep it simple and make sure the stuff you're using is fast acting.

Dextrose, Glutamine peptides, Leucine and creatine are all you really need.

80g dextrose
10g Glutamine peptides
15g leucine
10g creatine

1 hour later 80g complex carbs, 50g lean meat.

You're going to have to play around with the timing to see how you respond. If you go keto for a day or two before using insulin you better double everything.

Keep it simple and make sure the stuff you're using is fast acting.

Dextrose, Glutamine peptides, Leucine and creatine are all you really need.

80g dextrose
10g Glutamine peptides
15g leucine
10g creatine

1 hour later 80g complex carbs, 50g lean meat.

You're going to have to play around with the timing to see how you respond. If you go keto for a day or two before using insulin you better double everything.

Suggestions for leucine and glutamine powders?

I'm still going to throw in peptopro and glycofuse.

No keto here, I'm at around 300 g carbs now. Trying to choke down 400.

Suggestions for leucine and glutamine powders?

I'm still going to throw in peptopro and glycofuse.

No keto here, I'm at around 300 g carbs now. Trying to choke down 400.

10g L
10g G

The added protein will go to waste but do what you think is necessary.

10g L
10g G

You think its a waste how so? An amino acid chain is basically useless unless its comple, correct? Really asking as I only briefly know that the body will put aside what it has for about 24hrs to see if it can complete the chain.

You think its a waste how so? An amino acid chain is basically useless unless its comple, correct? Really asking as I only briefly know that the body will put aside what it has for about 24hrs to see if it can complete the chain.

In my opinion, adding protein powders to BCAA's is a waste as your body can only absorb so much. If he wanted to have a protein shake AFTER the insulin concoction, no problem. There was a study done suggesting that anything above 20g of protien PWO is wasted. 10g of leucine is more than enough, adding in the glutamine peptides will put you at a total of 20g.

The glutamine peptides are better absorbed and not wasted like regular glutamine. It's a better product and doesn't get wasted.

The carbs are going to drive the BCAA's into the muscle for repair. Why add protein to it when it has to be broken down first, thus delaying the process that you're trying to accomplish?

Saying all that, I don't know anything about this protien powder you're talking about, maybe it's not a normal powder?

Get Shredded!
Saying all that, I don't know anything about this protien powder you're talking about, maybe it's not a normal powder?

Hilarious last honest admission after some very interesting and informative dialogue. That was a good read xyz and bush... Last sentence cracked me up though

10g L
10g G

No bro, I mean actual brand suggestions. Like for the glutamine peptide. I'm not finding a ton of options. Is all powdered leucine created equal?

As for the peptopro any of the major protocols I have seen call for it. Its a complete amino profile "pre digested" protein made from bovine blood plasma. Its supposed to be instant absorption, even without slin. Thats why they recommended it in place of aminos.
Some of the other stuff like glycofuse, aminos ect I need to get anyways and the wife will be using them also. So it wont be a waste of $$.
I'm now thinking glutamine, leucine, peptopro and creatine. Again with that, any special type of creatine? I have seen chelate, nitrate, mono, blends, ect ect.
I usually dont fuck with creatine ever cause my blood creatinine is always around 1.3 out of a max range of 1.4. used to be around .8 but thanks to a month of celebrex it is where its at now forever. But for this particular protocol i'm going to use it.
I'm sure my humalin deal failed miserably because there was no creatine, glutamine, nothing....just glucose tabs and protein. Nice fucking slin waste huh? Thanks coach! But that was then. At the risk of maybe wasting a little of this or that I would rather throw more in than less. Its not like i'm eating a peanut butter sandwich for my PWO meal. ;)

I ended up ordering a novolog pen btw. 300iu. I was thinking that maybe if all went well for two weeks that I might add 4iu to my morning meal. Any thoughts?

True protein carries both. Get the leucine instanized powder.

Mono creatine is fine it will help even more with the recovery process. Some use 10g but I think 5-7g is fine. See what works best for you.

Like I mentioned, I don't know enough about peptopro. I'm going off of what I used to use and a semi-pro explained to me. His reasoning made sense to me and I have stuck to it. Everyone likes something different.

You're using humulin-r? If you are you do know there are to spikes to it correct? Humalog is what you need, humulin is WAY too unpredictable.

Mono creatine is fine it will help even more with the recovery process. Some use 10g but I think 5-7g is fine. See what works best for you.

Like I mentioned, I don't know enough about peptopro. I'm going off of what I used to use and a semi-pro explained to me. His reasoning made sense to me and I have stuck to it. Everyone likes something different.

You're using humulin-r? If you are you do know there are to spikes to it correct? Humalog is what you need, humulin is WAY too unpredictable.

No no no, lol. used humalin back when I failed miseraby. See the last post I made. I just ordered a novolog pen. (humalog) Yes, fuck humalin.

So if i am understanding this correctly what you are saying is......that if i have a vial of fast humalog here i would shoot it PWO with 10g bcaas /L and 10 gram glutamine and my 80 grams of dextrose ( based off of how much slin i shot) and you dont advocate like a whey protein isolate ?

So if i am understanding this correctly what you are saying is......that if i have a vial of fast humalog here i would shoot it PWO with 10g bcaas /L and 10 gram glutamine and my 80 grams of dextrose ( based off of how much slin i shot) and you dont advocate like a whey protein isolate ?

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. You might need more or less carbs. But other than that yes, and 7g of creatine. 1 hour later, more food, 100-80g complex carbs, 40-50g protein.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. You might need more or less carbs. But other than that yes, and 7g of creatine. 1 hour later, more food, 100-80g complex carbs, 40-50g protein.

I agree with XYZ that a protein like isolate is probably just useless. Only because it will slow the absorption of the slin cocktail. Thats why peptopro is so useful here. Like I said before why use a fast carb source and a slow protein source?

i agree with xyz that a protein like isolate is probably just useless. Only because it will slow the absorption of the slin cocktail. Thats why peptopro is so useful here. Like i said before why use a fast carb source and a slow protein source?

exactly!

I kind of feel like I short changed myself never doing enough research on protein and bcaas and proper carbs in conjunction with my Slin. We just shot, got down some carbs to prevent hypo, and tons of protein too. Rinse and repeat. Got really into slin dosages and timing but now I feel like there was a whole other side I neglected.

Still got beast results, but this has my thinking. In fairness, at the time Slin was beloved more bc it was undetectable testing-wise. Still, all the more reason to max its results.

Does anyone feel like posting at the conclusion here, what they feel would be an ideal Slin setup. Possible naming the preferred brand of each item like the dex etc. If not, don't sweat it, I can do my research, but much props to anyone who saves me the time.

Back