• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I think i fixed the blue screen of death on my computer

Sheriv

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
turns out my bios driver and wireless card driver were seriously out of date

dunno if the shockwave error is fixed tho.. :/

I tend to just reformat and start over completely if my computer is that fucked up. I keep all my important stuff on my iphone instead.

I have reformatted...and restored, and uninstalled and reinstalled..

the blue screen of death hasn't occurred again but I'm actually pretty confident that is straightened out because I was able to track down what was causing it (stupid wireless driver if you can believe that)

the shockwave crash is infuriating though because it doesn't matter what friggen plugin I use it happens..and when I refresh whatever page it hppens on then the cursor doesn't work correctly so the script isn't running correctly or some other such nonsense

I just REALLY need my computer right this second and it just will NOT cooperate and I don't have the cash for a new computer

Screen of death makes me think of the Xbox when it just came out. Rings of death. Hope you get it fixed.

if it does it again start it in safe mode and remove the drivers that caused the problem.

I think I have both issues resolved..it looks like the backup folder in chrome was corrupted..

I followed to moving and renaming crap the chrome page recommended and reopened my browser...instantly looks different so thats kind of odd

i wonder if my bookmarks are safe :/

Did you setup your chrome to snyc with google. I know alot of people are concerned about privacy I do it and I know google can get the bookmarks if with out the snyc so if they want to know they can have the crap.
Chrome stores a profile on your pc also so you might have renamed or deleted it.

I intentionally renamed it per google advice...

I wound up installing firefox for now which seems to be running fine.
uninstalled chrome ...went to go re-install it (for the umpteenth time) and it wouldn't download.
so phuck it, firefox it is for now

IML Gear Cream!
Sounds like bad plugin in chrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through all the plugins on chrome

aaaaaaaaaaaaand now its crashing on FF too, yey!

Is it blue screen on the web only? Are you connecting wireless? Have you checked for virus or male ware ? Google free avg and malewarebytes if you don't have any programs.

I actually wound up having to fix some registry crap. This computer is old as dirt. .it's my backup as it is

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Is it blue screen on the web only? Are you connecting wireless? Have you checked for virus or male ware ? Google free avg and malewarebytes if you don't have any programs.

No..The blue screen of death..separate issue from browsers crashing

You could try the MIcrosoft fix it tool I have seen it fix the registry

idk..it occurred to me while fixing shit and looking at dates of stuff in this laptop that its over 4 yrs old...

I txtd someone whos selling a samsung laptop with some upgrades (laptop is 8 mths old) on craigslist for dirt cheap..really close to me too

so if I wait for payday and this laptop is still there I'm prolly gonna buy it.

Get Shredded!
yeah..extreme usage of both

:coffee:

my computers have gotten interwebs std's

Back