• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

120,00 foot free fall

What an experience...

Wow--can the human body withstand breaking the sound barrier? Can his suit? Crazy stuff, but you gotta love daredevils (lost entertainment form!).

This dude is crazy! He would be killed if he hit a bird flying or something down the lines of that.

That's so fucken cool!

- - - Updated - - -

That's so fucken cool!

Looks like this is happening today. Nice article about it: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/us/felix-baumgartner-skydiving.html?hp

He's claustrophobic and hates the pressure suit, so... "At one point in 2010, rather than take an endurance test in it, he went to an airport and fled the United States." Funny stuff. Apparently he has no trouble with acrophobia.

IML Gear Cream!
‎"I know the whole world is watching now and I wish they could see what I can see. Sometimes you have to go up really high to see how small you are... I'm going home now." - Felix Baumgartner

That suit must have been extremely large and complicated... in order to fit the biggest set of balls any man has ever had. Was un-fucking-believable.

By Zelie Pollon
source_Reuters3.gif

updated 2 hours 14 minutes ago​
​
ROSWELL, N.M. — An Austrian daredevil leapt into the stratosphere from a balloon hovering near the edge of space 24 miles (38 km) above Earth on Sunday, breaking as many as three world records including the highest skydive ever, project sponsors said.
Cheers broke out as Felix Baumgartner, 43, jumped from a skateboard sized shelf outside the 11-by-8-foot (3.3-by-2.4 metre) fiberglass and acrylic capsule that was carried as high as 128,000 feet by an enormous balloon.
"We love you Felix!" screamed the crowd as he plunged through the stratosphere

His body pierced the atmosphere at speeds topping 700 miles per hour, appearing to achieve another of his goals: to become the first skydiver to break the speed of sound, according to the project website. He sped toward Earth on the 65th anniversary of legendary American pilot Chuck Yeager's flight shattering the sound barrier on Oct. 14, 1947.
"Looks like he probably broke Mach," project commentator Bob Hager said, referring to Mach 1, more than 690 miles per hour, used to measure the speed of sound.
121014-skydiver-vlg-9a.grid-4x2.jpg

Ross Franklin / AP
The capsule and attached helium balloon carrying Felix Baumgartner lifts off as he attempts to break the speed of sound with his own body by jumping from a space capsule lifted by a helium balloon, Sunday, Oct. 14, 2012, in Roswell, N.M. )

Baumgartner broke records for the highest altitude manned balloon flight and the highest altitude skydive before landing safely on the ground and raising his arms in a victory salute about 10 minutes after he stepped into the air.

As his teary-eyed mother, father and girlfriend watched on monitors miles below, Baumgartner prepared to jump from the pressurized capsule by going through a checklist of 40 items with project adviser Joe Kittinger, holder of a 19-mile high (30 km) altitude parachute jump record that Baumgartner smashed.
Earlier in the flight, he expressed concern that his astronaut-like helmet was not heating properly.
"This is very serious, Joe," said Baumgartner as the capsule, designed to remain at 55 degrees Fahrenheit ascended in skies where temperatures were expected to plunge below -91.8 F (-67.8 C), according to the project's website. "Sometimes it's getting foggy when I exhale. ... I do not feel heat."
Baumgartner's ascent into the stratosphere took about 2 1/2 hours.
The 30 million-cubic-foot (850,000-cubic-metre) plastic balloon, is about one-tenth the thickness of a Ziploc bag, or roughly as thin as a dry cleaner bag.

Back