• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Acne meds

heymrwaters

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Family member noticed my acne was flaring up, and tossed me a bunch of stuff...

Avar - sodium sulfacemide and sulfur cleanser
Ovace plus - sodium sulfacemide cream
Epiduo - adapalene and benzoyl peroxide cream
Solodyn - 65mg minocycline hcl pills
Pacnex - benzoyl peroxide cleanser

The question is.....should I use some of these first - or should I go straight to the big dog accutane?
*been super dosing b5 and it made current acne go away but didnt stop new acne from forming so looking for a once and for all final solution..

Thanks people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've never tried any of those. Just accutane lol so my opinion will be limited to that. But hey it works.
I figured that would be the consensus here...
I honestly was about to pick some up then all of a sudden I get a giant box of all these acne medications lol - just wanted to see if anyone had any input first.

Perhaps blast with accutane (low dose of course) then use all this mess for maintenance later on

I've been on a lot of acne meds but none of those...looks mainly antibiotic and sulfur based treatment...

the sulfur stuff is great for like, one zit..pretty useless otherwise...antibiotics have never touched it unless it was topical for me...and there again its for small amounts of acne and more like maintenance.

im pretty intriqued with the idea of running 20mg accutane..or slightly higher based on the study i just read.

rather than vaseline though I would suggest cerave' and cetaphil...or even jojoba oil (wont clog pores)

there cerave is a deep moisturizer too that doesn't feel gross like vaseline, the ceptaphil can cleanse and moisturize

the jojoba oil actually mimics sebum

you're probably spot on, I DONT have accutane experience..heavily topical retinoids

yeah, you can use either or up your nose or on your lips...the jojoba oil smells a little like hemp or something but the cerave is amazingly free of scent/texture.

What's a mega dose of B-5? I've been using 2,500 mg a day. Not sure if that's enough.

I was using 10 grams a day bud.

and "enough" doesn't really matter, if you're getting away with clear skin at only 2.5g then stick with it.
If you're not seeing the results you would like to see, then bump it up a little at a time and see what happens.

IML Gear Cream!
Well i got the same prob so i went right to the dr he gave me ( doxycycline hyclate ) 100mg twice a day cleans up the boiles on top of my head yes boiles seems to work for me ive notices them going down it wasent like puss more like blood real rich huh ..................

Cheapthreads out...............

Okay here it is buddy solodyn that's to low off a dose accutane is where it's at. I was on 80 mg for 12 weeks and yes this was done by the doc but it took care if of for about 1 1/2 yrs now I get very little and a lot smaller cyst I'm now on 40mg a day and that's working very well from a source here .

yeah...thats it...I'm gonna invest in some accutane then....

Low dose accutane for me. Don't let deep tissue scars start to develop before doing anything about it like I did. Accutane is the only thing that worked for me and after a 4 month course of it I only get very slight acne the first couple weeks pct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solodyn - 65mg minocycline hcl pills.

I'm taking Solodyn. Been on 80mg a day for the last 30 days and it's cleared up everything. Very bad cystic type acne. The doc said the dosage is based on weight, 200# gave me 80mg a day. Took about 4 weeks before I started seeing a difference.

low dose accutane with jojoba oil worked well for me.. Really need to maintain skin moisture or you'll get so dry you'll feel like a snake shedding your skin...

Back