• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

cottage cheese vs greek yogurt.

jas101

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Which one do you guys think is the better snack. Plain Greek yogurt has less sugars and more protein. I think cottage cheese digest slower providing a longer release of amino's. So does anyone know if one is superior to the other. I've been traveling a lot with work lately so I'm thinking easy high protein snacks I can throw in the cooler. Hotel room living makes it hard to eat clean. At the moment I'm sick of can tuna. Been eating a lot of chic filet's grilled chicken sandwich with double meat and pickles only. Lol.

I think both should be fine. I really hate plain greek yogurt though, tastes awful. That said, what I do like is some plain greek yogurt with a scoop of protein powder mixed in with it. It makes for a decently filling, high protein snack/meal on the go or when your options are limited.

^^ yup throw protein scoop in it! You canget isopure or sumthing to keep carbs low

Ever heard of DaVinci's syrup? It is zero calorie, and comes in 100 flavors. I use it on sweet potatoes when I get carb days. Hear it is very good in greek yogurt, which i can't stand. It is like cheesecake diarrhea. YUCK!

Ever heard of DaVinci's syrup? It is zero calorie, and comes in 100 flavors. I use it on sweet potatoes when I get carb days. Hear it is very good in greek yogurt, which i can't stand. It is like cheesecake diarrhea. YUCK!
:roflmao:

I tried to make a smoothie one time with berries, protein, and Greek yogurt. It was pretty gross. I had to hold my nose and chug. A trick I learned in the late 80's when all the weight gainer shakes I tried tasted like shit.

Cottage cheese in shakes is great!!!!! If you blend with a fruit, maybe some pb, and throw in a sweetner packet, its amazing. All it does is thicken the shake and I swear there is not one hint of cottage cheese taste in it. Really turns the shake into a filling meal.

My gf got me hooked on Greek yogurt. You have to read the nutrition labels carefully, though. Seems like a lot of them contain high fructose corn syrup and other of nasty stuff.

IML Gear Cream!
Chibani's is fucking delicious. I love cottage cheese too but that, and milk, gives me explosive gas / diarreah.

Usually have my greek yogurt during the day with fruit and then cottage cheese at night before bed with a little fruit preserve and bananas It's fucking delicious

I enjoy both.

It just depends what kind of mood I am in and whether I prefer something a little more salty (cottage cheese) or sweet (greek yogurt).

I fucking LOVE plain greek yogurt. Its the best.

Prefer cottage cheese cuz you can eat it on just about anything or plain and its good.

But Greek yoghurt taste terrible plain. Ill usually add sugar free pudding mix to it taste like frosting then.

i eat greek threw out the day, and i have a big serving of cottage cheese and a couple scoops of protein before bed. The slow digesting cottage is great for the sleep cycle

I eat both just as snacks I like to alternate between the 2

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Used to eat cottage cheese alot, love it..can't do the Greek yogurt, yuk...thread makes me wana go buy a tub of cottage cheese now

Get Shredded!
While shopping at the grocery store last night, I looked at some options. I normally buy Chobani flavored greek yogurt. Looking at the label, the flavor I like has 20 grams of carbs & 19 grams of sugar. Not so good. Then I found Dannon light & fit greek yogurt. It has 8 grams of carbs & 6 grams of sugar. Much better option since I'm watching my carb & sugar intake during this cycle.

And even better news, its tastes great too. Strawberry flavor is really good.

I loveeeee cottage cheese, add stevia and some cinnamon OR honey and it's amazing. Also I remember my parents making me cottage cheese but always including fruit in it , such as pineapples , peaches, berries etc, makes it taste a whole lot better.

Some people do the cottage cheese and salsa but I never thought it was that good. ALSO if you had a food processor or like a magic bullet you can put the cottage cheese in there and add some stevia/sugar and then freeze it and it's like ice cream, or you can add some protein powders to it and then freeze it to give it more flavor, I still recommend adding some extra stevia / sugar though.

While shopping at the grocery store last night, I looked at some options. I normally buy Chobani flavored greek yogurt. Looking at the label, the flavor I like has 20 grams of carbs & 19 grams of sugar. Not so good. Then I found Dannon light & fit greek yogurt. It has 8 grams of carbs & 6 grams of sugar. Much better option since I'm watching my carb & sugar intake during this cycle.

And even better news, its tastes great too. Strawberry flavor is really good.

This is awesome. Like I said in my log, I eat Greek yogurt (chobani) every day.
If the dannon stuff tastes good this could be a huge help to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds gross but cottage cheese and a packet of splenda is kinda tasty IMO.

I put a table spoon of peanut butter in none fat Greek yougart for a solid midday snack.

I like to mix cottage cheese and Greek yogurt together it is delicious. I use fat free cottage cheese for this as well. I use it for a quick breakfast if I don't have time to cook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Greek yogurt for me. I was on a cottage cheese kick but I burned myself out

This may be a little out in left field with your question...BUT each morning my breakfast in prepared for me and I about the only healthy protein they have is egg whites..I have eaten egg whites every way you can dream of! Well, the other day I was just trying to be random and ate cottege cheese with my egg whites...it's pretty damn good! I would definitely recommend it

This may be a little out in left field with your question...BUT each morning my breakfast in prepared for me and I about the only healthy protein they have is egg whites..I have eaten egg whites every way you can dream of! Well, the other day I was just trying to be random and ate cottege cheese with my egg whites...it's pretty damn good! I would definitely recommend it

I work remote and live in a man camp where breakfast is prepared, 1 cup fat free cottage cheese 10 egg whites and two eggs over medium on top. Shit is bomb as fawk!!

Eat. Sleep. Lift. Repeat

Last edited:
cottage cheese makes me constipated.

greek yogurt has more protein and you can add whey to it for flavor and extra protein/cals.

Back