• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Sticky Idea: List of Good Supplements vs Bro Science

laser

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm trying to figure out what supplements to run and would love to see some sort of mega thread that separates out supplements into these lists:

1. Scientifically tested and proven good supplements (when and why to take)
  2. "Bro Science" supplements nobody should ever take (links to articles as proof)
  3. The jury is still out (link to info we have)

Unfortunately I don't know *nearly* enough to even begin such an endeavor, but would love to see more knowledgeable people collaborate to make a master sticky!!!

Good Supplements (why take)
Multivitamin (essential)
Omega fatty acids (tons of reasons)
Creatine (anyone who wants muscle mass)
5-HTP (appetite suppressant/anxiety/Sleep aid)
Vitamin D3 (keto diet/zero natural sunlight)
B Vitamins (if on keto diet)
Calcium (if on keto diet)

"Bro Science" NEVER TAKE Supplements

The Jury is Still Out

I despise when the term "Bro Science" is used as a negative and here's why.. Studies can be manipulated to where a specific result is acquired in order to get the drug passed.. It's either that or many use some animal that really isn't relevant to the human physiology. So studies have to be taken with a grain of salt.. For those of you that rely solely and unequivocally on them.

Now as for bro science. I for one have tested many compounds and even created some experiments through trial and error. With little to no science backing any of it.. But it works.. That's Bro science.. That's us taking the initiative and figuring things out, sometimes in spite of what some paper tells us.. That's bro science.

so for anyone to use it as a negative, atleast in my eyes, craps on all the brothers and sisters that came before us , that have experimented on their/our own bodies for people that have come after to learn!

Your talking about something totally different I guess I'd call science being done by bros (being skeptical, doing trial and error, asking questions). I'm talking about broscience:

"You should eat 6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism up"
"Load creatine"
"Isn't creatine bad for your kidneys?"
"Do tons of light reps if you just wanna get 'toned' or 'shaped'"

Last edited:
If you're diets on point you can do without a multivitamin

Fact of the matter is some bro science is bullshit and some isn't. It's all just anecdotal advice. Someone might realize they get leaner by cutting carbs at night time so they try to make up an explanation for it. Even if their reasoning is wrong, they're seeing results regardless. Passing off all advice because there's no science behind it is ignorant. That being said, there certainly are some useless supplements out there.

My essentials are:
Multi, EFAs, creatine, HMB, and protein with BCAAs.

I saw surprising results with HMB and I also take microlactin occasionally after leg day; it's great for doms.

Back