• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Shoulder Training Switch

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Don't often frequent this area..but need to share a change I've done that has really...not only questions training but greatly has improved my growth..

I used to love OH presses for shoulder growth and loved going heavy(PR 245)
and upright rows heavy..

Now at 55 that's been over but still need to get them to pop..

I tripped on this..makes me wonder about other things I've not only wasted time with but hurt myself with...Yes hurt myself...I can only trace my neck problems to upright rows

So my personal belief is the front delt is Always over worked..2 to 3 time more than the mids and rears..they get it on chest day no matter what..

So I said do mids and rears with chest...no front delt work on chest day other than bench work..
But what..??
Resistance Band work...yep...like upright rows But not straight up..rather at an angle...30 to 45 degrees..
Do a set of bench then band work 10 to 15 reps at 2 different angles..

NO joint stress like UR rows and the mids are responding nicely to the variable resistance..
Just a thought from a aging gym rat that likes Round shoulders..

I like doing upright rows with dumbbells. You can pull them straight up or go out toward the side, I prefer pulling them out toward the sides I feel it more in the side delts this way & not the traps

Don't often frequent this area..but need to share a change I've done that has really...not only questions training but greatly has improved my growth..

I used to love OH presses for shoulder growth and loved going heavy(PR 245)
and upright rows heavy..

Now at 55 that's been over but still need to get them to pop..

I tripped on this..makes me wonder about other things I've not only wasted time with but hurt myself with...Yes hurt myself...I can only trace my neck problems to upright rows

So my personal belief is the front delt is Always over worked..2 to 3 time more than the mids and rears..they get it on chest day no matter what..

So I said do mids and rears with chest...no front delt work on chest day other than bench work..
But what..??
Resistance Band work...yep...like upright rows But not straight up..rather at an angle...30 to 45 degrees..
Do a set of bench then band work 10 to 15 reps at 2 different angles..

NO joint stress like UR rows and the mids are responding nicely to the variable resistance..
Just a thought from a aging gym rat that likes Round shoulders..

This is similar to what I have found, though I mostly avoided upright rows with free weights for other reasons. Hitting the delts with bands at a few angles is good for bulletproof shoulders. I also throw in rotator cuff work on bench day, but that hardly makes any muscles pop...

Yep
If you haven't tried them you owe it to yourself..

Back