• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Calves

Mski0311

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Are calves really as reliant on genetics as they say? I've never been able to grow decent calves. I'm hopeful some day they will get there. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone that did have this issue and has then built decent calves what was the trick?
Thank you in advance for any reply/info!

Yes. The length of calf and your ethnicity has a lot to do with it! Just like other body parts. I see guys at gyms all over and one thing I see: Is as Men age ; some lose their ass and legs! I saw a guy who was clearly 275lbs 6’1....until I saw him walking on toothpicks! Horrible but he never trains legs !! You can definitely make them as great as they can be. The Arnold/pants story : reminds me of his problems w calves.

Max

Are calves really as reliant on genetics as they say? I've never been able to grow decent calves. I'm hopeful some day they will get there. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone that did have this issue and has then built decent calves what was the trick?
Thank you in advance for any reply/info!
I think genetics play a huge role when it comes down to the lower body. I'm a prime example. I wasn't blessed with lower body mass like I have in my upper body...I've seen it in my family and we were blessed with athletic ability.
My lower body carries hardly any fat at all...I'm talking probably 8% now...so they look decent because they are lean, but I have a helluva time trying to put on mass....it just sucks to be me...my lower body genetics stink.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think genetics play a huge role when it comes down to the lower body. I'm a prime example. I wasn't blessed with lower body mass like I have in my upper body...I've seen it in my family and we were blessed with athletic ability.
My lower body carries hardly any fat at all...I'm talking probably 8% now...so they look decent because they are lean, but I have a helluva time trying to put on mass....it just sucks to be me...my lower body genetics stink.

Same for my uppar body. High chest, short bicep, short triceps, high lats, 4 abs only. Thin and less vascularity.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

Yes I feel some people use their poor leg genetics as an excuse not to train them and some fight back hard to put on as much leg size as they can. I've been decently successful putting size on the upper legs but calves are dormant no matter what I do.

I'm the exact same. My upper legs have gotten decent size over time though but my calves wont grow at all. Still at the end of the day when the newbie come in the gym with his amazing quads it's a little irritating lol.

Same for my uppar body. High chest, short bicep, short triceps, high lats, 4 abs only. Thin and less vascularity.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk
I deal with some of those issues as well though I will say over time they have bothered me less and less as I have corrected what I could and with more mass the things i couldn't fix became less noticable. It's taken me longer to get to that point with my legs though.

Back