• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Is it over for me? Should I give up? My profile Picture Inside!

Should I give up?

• Yes! Your Frame is Hopeless

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No! The right Supplements Will Help You!

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Maybe! Because you’re an idiot!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Who Knows! But I Love You!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

needspractice

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey Everyone,

I am 32; 200 LBs; and just coming off of some supplements. Ihave been working out hard off and on for a few years and I just keep gettingpissed. I want to look like the big guys at the GYM and I never get close. GuysI just think is my Genetics. I do not think I have it in me to be as BIG asthose guys in the gym. I am about to throw in the towel once again.

Wouldn’t you agree based on the picture? Hopeless right?

Best,
Needspractice

Attachments

• needspractice.jpg
    needspractice.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 153
I can tell from your pic you haven't reached your genetic potential so don't blame bad genes. Judging by your pic its your first and training. It doesn't matter what supps you take. Those guys are big because they eat big and train their asses off and don't make excuses. You need a surplus of good clean calories. 90% of the time when people think they're eating a lot, its really not a lot in regards to what it takes to be big. A lot of guys that post their diets claiming they can't fit in anymore food are barely making it over the 2000 calorie mark. So what I'm telling you is eat, eat, eat and when you're done with that eat again. Train like your life depends on it and don't sell yourself short and quit when you haven't hit all your reps because it starts getting hard. Press through that because that's what separates someone who wants it and someone who's weak.
u5ajagyb.jpg

You said you been working out off and on. There's a problem. What kind of supplements you been taking? Gear? You've only failed when you give up. Give more details someone will help you.

You actually dont look bad. Stop comparing yourself to others at the gym- the competition is simply between the you of today vs. the you of yesterday. Progress not perfection my friend. I learned this after 18 years of lifting-I was never satisfied. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the gains no matter how small-remember you have gifts that "those big guys" in the gym dont. Hope this helps out and you are by no means a small guy. Peace my brotha. JL

Hey bro, i'm not one to really reply to these threads as most of them are just for the sympathy but I'm going to anyway. I don't have a damn clue what your talking about. Based on your picture, you look like you have a decent muscle profile and a mid range bf percentage. like stated above, what have you taken in regards to supplements? aas's? otc GNC stuff. Let us help you by helping us. Tell us what you've done, diet, training and life styles changes. Then we'll hopefully be able to chime in and give you a few pointers.

@Sherk

So you think I can at least max out some more? Like 225 or245? Yes I need to eat like a cow; that is way off. How do you force chicken inyour mouth 24/7? Also yes my training problem could include a few more pushesat the end of my reps; probably could use some more work as well. Well I amweak now for sure; I want to be strong.

@jas101

Yes I need to work out and never stop again. I just got of SuperDMZ 2.0; LMG-25; and that is pretty much it; lame I guess.

@Jetlifter

Thanks for the compliment; I like that idea its just me vsme; I’ll have to think that through some more. I could enjoy the little thingsmore and just enjoy what I have.

@RoidsR4m3

Thanks for the compliment as well. I think I mainly take GNCstuff; but over the years I have taken Testanate 50; SUS 500; LMG-25; MegaPlexx; Super DMZ 2.0; the list goes on; When I had good insurance I took thereal stuff with script because I had low TEST.

Diet needs help for sure but I just do not know how to forcefeed myself a bag of chick or fish; it taste nasty after a while.

Training is usually

M- Bench
T- Biceps
W-Triceps
T-Back
F-Legs

Mix shoulders in one of those days and off Saturday andSunday.

Lifestyle is up and down; sometimes hard core and sometimes Icould give a #$)#.

Low t can make gains hard. How many different sets and rep range for each muscle group? Maybe change up your workout.

Change your workout! Find a good program and never miss a workout or a meal. There are a lot of good ones out there. Doggcrapp, PHAT, mountain dogg are a few examples. Maybe someone else could suggest a better one. One exercise at 4 sets of 10 might be alright for someone who just started but you have to progress.

Eat EAt and EAT some more. Instead of one chicken breast have two or three, instead of a can of tuna have three or four, instead of an 6 oz steak eat a 12 oz steak plenty of veggies and

attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_ml0e2gEWck1ru6yjso1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ml0e2gEWck1ru6yjso1_500.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 386
@jas101

Workout’s that you mention? Doggcrapp; PHAT, mountain dogg? Wheredo I find them or download them? Badass I can’t wait to look into these!Thanks!

@Ichigo

HOW THE F#@) AM I SUPPOSE TO FORCE ALL THAT S#*$ IN MY MOUTHBRO?

Find real gear , then all the trannys will want to diddle you ( lol ). Dude , you got a good base just get mentally obsessed like the rest of us that need counseling !

Try the search here first or Google. I think Anabolic5150 will send you a doggcrapp link if you ask nice. I think the other is)Layne Norton PHAT, and the other I think you just Google mountain Dogg. There are some other good programs out there and are on the tip of my tongue but I can't think right now(sleep deprivation).

I didn't start to grow until I learned to eat. if needed get a trainer or find some one to help you with your personal eating plan. food will make all the difference. training once a day is easy compared to eating to build muscle day in and day out. it does get old after a while but you will love the mirror

Go eat like this for a year...

Breakfast-
4 Eggs
2 Slices of cheese
1 Cup of oatmeal
1 Cup of OJ

Post-Workout-
Protein Shake 33 grams
1 Cup of strawberries
8 OZ of milk

Lunch-
8 OZ chicken breast
1 Large baked potato
1 Cup of lettuce/dressing

Snack-
10 OZ canned tuna
2 OZ of almonds

Snack-
10 OZ Tilapia
1 Large baked potato

Dinner-
8 OZ Steak
1 Cup Brown rice
1 Cup of Broccoli

Before Bed-
Protein Shake 33 grams
1 Large Apple

Total Calories = 4663... Fat(g) = 175.8... Carbs(g) = 160.4... Prot(g) 394.4 (You can add a dense carb drink to up the carbs too)

Also have the right workout, which can take time to figure out. You need to find what works for you.

Go eat like this for a year...

Breakfast-
4 Eggs
2 Slices of cheese
1 Cup of oatmeal
1 Cup of OJ

Post-Workout-
Protein Shake 33 grams
1 Cup of strawberries
8 OZ of milk

Lunch-
8 OZ chicken breast
1 Large baked potato

Snack-
10 OZ canned tuna
2 OZ of almonds

Snack-
10 OZ Tilapia
1 Large baked potato

Dinner-
8 OZ Steak
1 Cup Brown rice
1 Cup of Broccoli

Before Bed-
Protein Shake 33 grams
1 Large Apple

Total Calories = 4663... Fat(g) = 175.8... Carbs(g) = 160.4... Prot(g) 394.4 (You can add a dense carb drink to up the carbs too)

Also have the right workout, which can take time to figure out. You need to find what works for you.

great post..

First things first, this is General Discussion, I'd move this thread if I could decide where it belongs. Training, Diet and Nutrition, Supplements or Anabolics? Having said that, for now it will stay here for a bit because it is being treated with seriousness and respectful answers are being offered and this is exactly what ASF is about. The reason I can't decide where it belongs is it seems you need advise in all areas mentioned, but it's ok because thats why we are here.

I can relate to your situation. I come from a Powerlifting background and loved it. Lifting the world, eating everything, between lifts in competition we used to eat Hostess
cupcakes by the dozens, it was awesome. Well I got older, wore out some joints, got some killer arthritis and ended my competing. I couldn't give up the iron so I transitioned into BB, easy right? I spent the first five years lifting, eating and juicing, no results. It wasn't till I hooked up with some BB boards that I realized I was doing it wrong, all of it. Listen to these guys, you have a solid base and plenty of potential. Read, read and read some more, then when you are done read it all again. Education and dedication is your best avenue. Fuck a bunch of quitting!

@Everyone

Here are some updated photo’s my wife shot of me just now…Who knows…

@AMA rider

Yes I will find real gear next time for sure… Thank You!

@jas101

Thank you so much I will definitely ask nicely!!! Man getthat sleep my friend!!!

@guage

I need to start eating asap!!!

@liftingiron

Thank you; I wish I agreed with you!!!

@Nocode8511

Damn! Simply Said!!! Thank You!

@guage

Agreed!

Attachments

• DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00098.jpg
    DSC00098.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00102.jpg
    DSC00102.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 61
You stated: 'When I had good insurance I took thereal stuff with script because I had low TEST'. Low T killed my efforts for years. I can tell you from personal experience chemical enhancement (test-e 600 mg a week) will give you amazing results. Do I sound like a drug pusher:hmm:

Like there all saying bud. Eat a massive amount of good shit lol. 6-8-10 times a day. Ppl use supplements for a crutch to often. Food is best supplement. An jus hit gym hard as fuck 5-6 days a week!!! Breakfast is very bery improtant too. So dont skip it!! Good luck bro. And DONT GIVE UP! U have to be confident in urself. Dont look at the big guys and discourage urself. Sum of those massive guys put it a very lot of time and ur looking at years and years of hard training. U cant make urself go to the gym and hope for this perfect physique u want and see. U have to love that shit. Wake up and think i cant wait to hit the gym. Jus concentrate on ur goals and ur body. If ur not all in bro ur not gunna get it... Sad but true

You look pretty good man. Hit the legs twice a week. Squat, dead lifts, hack squats, bench squats, and stuff like that. Your getting some good advise man. Eating is the hardest part for me. Especially the large amounts of protein every 3 hours.

Eating is easy for me i can eat every two hours with ease.but never over do it in one sitting bc u want to be hungry again 2-3 hours later if u eat till u explode it will fuk it all up lol

First things first, this is General Discussion, I'd move this thread if I could decide where it belongs. Training, Diet and Nutrition, Supplements or Anabolics? Having said that, for now it will stay here for a bit because it is being treated with seriousness and respectful answers are being offered and this is exactly what ASF is about. The reason I can't decide where it belongs is it seems you need advise in all areas mentioned, but it's ok because thats why we are here.

I can relate to your situation. I come from a Powerlifting background and loved it. Lifting the world, eating everything, between lifts in competition we used to eat Hostess
cupcakes by the dozens, it was awesome. Well I got older, wore out some joints, got some killer arthritis and ended my competing. I couldn't give up the iron so I transitioned into BB, easy right? I spent the first five years lifting, eating and juicing, no results. It wasn't till I hooked up with some BB boards that I realized I was doing it wrong, all of it. Listen to these guys, you have a solid base and plenty of potential. Read, read and read some more, then when you are done read it all again. Education and dedication is your best avenue. Fuck a bunch of quitting!

Thread moved to Training section :). OP - Train regularly (3-4X min/week), change up your weight and routine frequently, and eat clean food for a year and you'll be amazed. I'm sure everyone above has said the same thing. And no, it is not hopeless, it never is. When I started lifting 10 years ago, I weighed 130 lbs., had high cholesterol, and was a cokehead. 10 years later, bodybuilding has changed my life, both inwardly outwardly. Patience is key

Thread moved to Training section :). OP - Train regularly (3-4X min/week), change up your weight and routine frequently, and eat clean food for a year and you'll be amazed. I'm sure everyone above has said the same thing. And no, it is not hopeless, it never is. When I started lifting 10 years ago, I weighed 130 lbs., had high cholesterol, and was a cokehead. 10 years later, bodybuilding has changed my life, both inwardly outwardly. Patience is key

Very well said! I partied a ton from 12 to 20 so many drugs! Started young. I hit a dead end were i was likefuck this life and thank god got out of that life style over the party scene and bodybuildin has def changed my life alot. Lifted since 18 but now im more serious then ever. Patience is def. key and im loving the results now. Keeps my mind str8! And glad to hear gsracer keep up the good work!

Thanks for making up my mind for me GSR, pressures off. The ASF team is what sets this board apart from the rest. Lots of good brothers here to help the OP, has a new direction to go that's what is important. :winkfinger:

Thanks for making up my mind for me GSR, pressures off. The ASF team is what sets this board apart from the rest. Lots of good brothers here to help the OP, has a new direction to go that's what is important. :winkfinger:

I know you're getting senile in your old age, so I'm just tryin' to help out ;)

@jas101

Workout’s that you mention? Doggcrapp; PHAT, mountain dogg? Wheredo I find them or download them? Badass I can’t wait to look into these!Thanks!

@Ichigo

HOW THE F#@) AM I SUPPOSE TO FORCE ALL THAT S#*$ IN MY MOUTHBRO?

LOL...not in one sitting. You have to calculate the amount of protein you need.

1) You can start with 1.5 grams of protein per lean muscle mass and work up to 2 grams - 2.5 grams with this much protein you will add muscle mass.

2) Also eat about 1 gram of good fat per lean body weight, this will help you heal.

3) Also dont eat more than 150 grams of carbs on non work out days, post workout days up to 300 grams of carbs.

4) Use protein powder to add the extra protein if you have a hard reaching your macros.

You will need to eat at the very least 500 grams more calories to gain muscle. Whatever you do, refrain from eating junk calories because this will add fat not lean muscle. It's OK every once in awhile anymore than this and you will be wasting all of the effort you put in the gym.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
@Tdeizel89

True I have learned I cannot use supplements like a clutch;time for me to MAN Up and focus on CORE and DIET.

Thank you for your kind comments…

@jas101

Yes I have learned I need to focus on legs and back; thankyou for your kind comments…

@GSRacer

Sorry for my thread not being in the proper location; thanksfor not deleting it. Also thanks for the pro advice…

@tommygunz

Thank you for all of the pro advice; and when I finishworking on my CORE and stop wanting to push the cart before the horse Im goingto hit you up my friend.

@Ichigo

I was just messing with you bro; but yes thank you very muchfor the detailed food description. I am going to re-plan this whole thing.

Back