• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

MLB goes after Braun and Arod for PED connection

tommygunz

Assministrator
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Major League Baseball apparently has secured a star witness in its investigation of performance-enhancing drug use among active players: Tony Bosch, founder of the now-defunct Biogenesis wellness clinic at the center of the probe.
[h=3]][/h]

MLB has searched for evidence of PED use by Ryan Braun, Alex Rodriguez and others over the past several months. But they didn’t have an informant with intimate knowledge of the PED-related activity to substantiate information contained in documents related to Biogenesis. That has changed, according to an ESPN report Tuesday evening.
The ESPN report said Bosch “reached an agreement this week to cooperate with MLB’s investigation” into Biogenesis. In return, according to the report, MLB has agreed to drop a lawsuit it had filed against Bosch earlier this year and “put in a good word with any law enforcement agency that may bring charges against him.”
MLB has pursued Braun with particular vigor since his 50-game suspension for a positive PED test was overturned in February 2012. Now, the question is whether Bosch can provide MLB investigators with evidence – on the roughly 20 players associated with Biogenesis – that would withstand inevitable appeals before arbitration panels similar to the one that exonerated Braun.
Because federal agencies aren’t known to be involved in the probe, MLB lacks subpoena power and has hit roadblocks in some attempts to obtain evidence. Thus, the deal with Bosch represents perhaps their best chance to obtain the information required to make a compelling case before the arbitrators.
The ESPN report said MLB is seeking 100-game suspensions against the players involved – the punishment for a second offense of baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
ESPN listed the following players among the potential targets for discipline: Braun, Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon, Yasmani Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Cesar Puello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautino de los Santos and Jordan Norberto.

Is this report saying professional baseball players actually take steroids even though it's against the rules??

Is this report saying professional baseball players actually take steroids even though it's against the rules??

Just the Latin ones it seems by the names listed lol

Why they haven't questioned Puljos is beyond me, but then again I think they should encourage them to be on something, because a 3-2 game just isn't as fun to watch.

Last edited:
I think thats exactly why they go after any player. You are right a 3-2 game is terrible and attendance is reflective of that. Our govt. is trying to show that they are waging a war on PED in sports and baseball is just the lightning rod. They want to keep it our national pastime and drug free so that parents have an outlet for kids that's untainted. We all know that PED use is widespread in all sports and baseball is not immune. Because of Braun and Arods named association with Bosch of Biogenesis, MLB is taking steps to investigate these players.

it makes no sense, they just waste millions of dollars of these investigations with very little/sub par results. the truth is no one cares that the MLB players and taking drugs, all they want to see is some badass fast balls, wicked home runs, and exciting games. bottom line is if you support the players you are supporting ped's

MLB really must hate their talent. Not sure why they want to railroad their own employees. I thought you are supposed to protect your co-workers?

IML Gear Cream!
Its ridiculous. Everyone wants to see the ball hit out of the park and a few fist fights during the game. All the players should be on doc monitored cycles. Even playing field.

Id pay good coin to see a bunch of juiced up nfl football players tearing each other's heads off. Wait, aren't some of them already juiced up? :hmm:

This is all due to a bunch of righteous crusaders in Washington that need to divert the public's attention elsewhere while they do a money grab behind closed doors. More than likely has nothing to do with athletes juicing or not.

Well as someone who was in MLB obviously guys do and always will cheat. We play to many games for our bodies to keep up even with proper nutrition. I was also someone who got hurt and was offered a compound to help heal. I also say therapy if needed should be offered for low test. Also we are not employees of MLB we are employees of our said organization. MLB just does the testing every spring training and also hold the right to test us in the off season. If we are not in the location they are told we are in the off season when they come randomly we have 48 hour to be or it's auto fail. Also if NFL had testing that was worth a damn shit would hit the fan. Even the mlb didn't start testing for hgh receptors in 2010 for minors and 2012 for majors. Idk it's just a dirty subject and notice all the suspensions last year were latins lmao. Anyways I chose not to cheat and even with it allowed people will abuse and you don't need steroids to hit home run. I was a lean skinny pitcher and could hit home runs just like a bigger guy. Idk sorry it is just an issue I feel is getting better because better testing but you will always have those gambling and using or as I see it cheating. Yet I do understand why guys use when we play to many games and understand guys trying to avoid injuries and stay competitive while getting paid. Idk first time seeing this thread I try to stay away from the subject.

All these Pro athletes use all types of drugs: Pain killers, cortisone, Ritalin..etc.

So when a athlete gets a cortisone injection at half time of a game because he is in too much pain from an injury and then can come out play to his/hers healthy level, isn't that performance enhancing?

Then you got guys like Greg Anderson that served time because he didn't want to spill the beans. OVER JUICE of ALL things! Is not like he had secret government documents that he was hiding. WTF!

Yea true I also didn't mention when you walk in gnc all that is illegal for us to take. Also I saw guys get cited all the time for stupid things like add drugs and what not. One guy I know was cited three times and still plays. 50 games suspension and 2gs a pop.

Yea true I also didn't mention when you walk in gnc all that is illegal for us to take. Also I saw guys get cited all the time for stupid things like add drugs and what not. One guy I know was cited three times and still plays. 50 games suspension and 2gs a pop.
I have no problem with what you said what so ever. I respect it. My problem is with the convoluted message that is sent out by our government and the heads all the major sports.

True I agree completely and I also point out that they send out a message that everything is under control. I promise all of you nothing is under fucking control lol. For example I wasn't tested randomly for my four seasons so I could have cycles. But people do whatever they want and aren't do worried about the punishments.

Oh hit I didn't even mention the appeals process which most guys aren't smart enough to use. Basically you get tested and appeal the test and the retest and it's out of your system by time you retest.

Also I should say I retired in 2010 so a lot has changed and even more will change.

Back