• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Women Bench pressing 315,.no muscle?

IML Gear Cream!
Surprised you haven't seen this more. High level gyms are packed with guys/girls who are legit powerlifters with not alot of muscle/size. My gym has natty dudes with thin legs using impeccable form throwing up stupid squat and deadlift numbers. Moving something as quick and efficiently as possible is a terrible environment for hypertrophy.
I haven't at all until.i started adding weight lifting females to my apps algorythm,, a few of my fav women that can bench press 315 properly.

Suddenly these powerlifting females with massive arches and weak looking bodies start showing up in my app, benching these crazy weights and I'm like wtf.

And they say it's legit. I never see this at the gym. All the women are working that ass and legs mainly.

This is dumb. This is cheating.

View attachment 122673

This is smart. This is not cheating. This will keep you from having fucked shoulders and saying dumb old head shit like “I used to bench 405 but my shoulders can’t take it anymore”

View attachment 122674
It's the same with sumo deadlift. There's a difference between a sumo where it's functional like having your arms directly inside your thighs and dudes that are doing literal fucking splits while deadlifting.

And I will say this, if you think it's cheating look at the strongest people in the world, none of them are exaggerating their form with over the top arching with benching or doing an actual split while deadlifting. At a certain point it actual becomes counterproductive and you are actually setting yourself up for injury. You aren't stronger lifting like that just because you're lifting a shorter ROM, it might just take longer to get there. Like I don't get the people that actually grip the edge of the barbell. I have pretty big shoulder width and I don't even do that shit, kind of ruins the point of arching your back to protect your shoulders in the first place.

But yeah I'm basically saying the same thing you are. Some of you guys don't understand the difference between a functional arch to utilize your back and protect your shoulders and people who are retarded about it. And most of this shit goes on in equipped lifting which is another reason most people lift raw these days.

Different organizations have different rules. Just the way it is. 1 legal lift in 1 organization may be a disqualification in another. Those with the most lenient rules will likley have more competitors as time goes on. When i was judging long ago the general rules were "Bench Press. The lifter must lie on his back with head, shoulders and buttocks in contact with the bench surface. The feet must be flat on the floor (as flat as the shape of the shoe will allow). His hands and fingers must grip the bar positioned in the rack stands with a thumbs around grip."

Different organizations have different rules. Just the way it is. 1 legal lift in 1 organization may be a disqualification in another. Those with the most lenient rules will likley have more competitors as time goes on. When i was judging long ago the general rules were "Bench Press. The lifter must lie on his back with head, shoulders and buttocks in contact with the bench surface. The feet must be flat on the floor (as flat as the shape of the shoe will allow). His hands and fingers must grip the bar positioned in the rack stands with a thumbs around grip."
Love this 💯💯💯

This is dumb. This is cheating.

View attachment 122673

This is smart. This is not cheating. This will keep you from having fucked shoulders and saying dumb old head shit like “I used to bench 405 but my shoulders can’t take it anymore”

View attachment 122674
Yeah I don’t know enough about powerlifting to comment other than to say don’t forget that most people in these videos are cheating whether they arch or not. According to most using AAS is cheating period.
As far as the arch goes IMO if your ass/tailbone ain’t stuck to the bench then you fail. Not that this means anything but I learned how to lift weights from a strength coach and any type of arch ,other than maybe a few inches just on your lower back, was considered poor form , dangerous and definitely didn’t count. Not to mention by arching your back that much you are no longer using only the muscles that flat bench is intended to hit. You’re changing the game. Cheating basically.
Now maybe my dude was an idiot. I don’t know but all I do know is after I used what he taught me my bench was pretty impressive compared to my body weight. I’m still in the low to mid 400’s to this day. Not bragging just saying that technique is a huge part of it.
Also not for nothing but I see some of these chics in these videos using vests. Don’t forget those things can add a good 30lbs to anyone’s bench. Now thats cheating. lol Just my long winded opinions though.

Yeah I don’t know enough about powerlifting to comment other than to say don’t forget that most people in these videos are cheating whether they arch or not. According to most using AAS is cheating period.
As far as the arch goes IMO if your ass/tailbone ain’t stuck to the bench then you fail. Not that this means anything but I learned how to lift weights from a strength coach and any type of arch ,other than maybe a few inches just on your lower back, was considered poor form , dangerous and definitely didn’t count. Not to mention by arching your back that much you are no longer using only the muscles that flat bench is intended to hit. You’re changing the game. Cheating basically.
Now maybe my dude was an idiot. I don’t know but all I do know is after I used what he taught me my bench was pretty impressive compared to my body weight. I’m still in the low to mid 400’s to this day. Not bragging just saying that technique is a huge part of it.
Also not for nothing but I see some of these chics in these videos using vests. Don’t forget those things can add a good 30lbs to anyone’s bench. Now thats cheating. lol Just my long winded opinions though.
Yes your ass should always be on the bench, this is a rule in most federations.

Got it....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205_122355_com.picsart.studio.hw_edit_367567995641305.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205_122355_com.picsart.studio.hw_edit_367567995641305.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 7
Information reply only, no disagreement here. They have tested and non-tested events. If you use and compete in a non-tested, obviously cheating. That's what non-tested is for to level the playing field.

In PL, an arch is an arch and is in-line with the rules. The problem isn't people arching, it's the lack of rules surrounding it, but federations are starting to get wise and change it. IPF already has. At this point, it's people hating the player and not the game. People try to compare PL to "their version" of bench form and you can't. The objective of PL is simple, put up the biggest number you can, the best way that you can while staying within the rules. It's never cheating if it's within the rules. The Definition of cheating is breaking the rules.

I don't know the "vests" you're talking about, but if you're referring to singlets, that's a requirement. If you see a "chic" on a platform in a PL event, everything she has on was inspected before she lifted and possibly after the lift. After any record lift, they will inspect what you're wearing and even pat you down.They inspect everything you wear. Even your underwear gets inspected to make sure nothing provides an advantage.

I am not a fan of the back arching and it doesn't come naturally for me and feels weird. From a competition standpoint, I get that its allowed but I get a giggle out of big (fat) guys benching huge weight and it only goes down 6" to touch their chest. I move it 3' in each direction; I have a 74 inch reach. I bench flat and i've done it with 605lb.
As far as muscle, everyone is built different and there are a physics and genetics to consider. Strength is a function of central nervous system and not reliant on muscle mass. Basically, what @Meetketchup says. I'm one of those smaller guys that has an insane bench and squat. Depending on your goals, sometimes it's kind of awesome to not look the part. They never see you coming. I've had much bigger guys be very insistent on benching with me when I've had 315 on. They get on and crank out 1, maybe 2 reps then try to spot me when it's my turn. I've had to yell at people to step away from the bench. I can do it for 25 reps. Then they look at me like I'm the asshole. Even had a guy call me that because he was trying to show me up. I was just staying focused on training.

It really depends on weight class. The lighter chicks like sub 130lbs are usually bench around 225lbs. Raw lifting of course. A lot of competitor lifting are purely gaining neurological strength. It doesn't really help them to pack on a ton of muscle because they'd have to move up a weight class.

Arching is good. Exaggerating your arch is stupid. Most gym bros bench form is horrendous. If you want to put all the pressure directly on your rotator cuff because it's 'cheating' you go ahead bro.
Turning your body into a question mark to bench press is beyond stupid and shows the level of lifting aptitude in gym culture today. I sometimes openly laugh when I see that nonsense.

Get Shredded!
IMG_2742.jpeg

John haack showing everyone how it’s done.

Top tier leg drive and shoulder positioning. Probably why he’s the greatest 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ooof John must be the worlds strongest cheating retarded ballerina bencher ever to exist.
IMG_2743.jpeg

Oooof
If you competed maybe you would've taken that title Johnny boy
I don’t have to compete in shit. I already hold every title. Especially the ones that involve being retarded.

I don’t have compete in shit. I already hold every title. Especially the ones that involve being retarded.
Nice, that last title must be a shared one... You 99% and "big j dawg" the rest.

That dude also weighs like 3-4 times the average human... Stick to your TRT maybe you will be like him then we can call you "big j dawg" too 😊.

Nice, that last title must be a shared one... You 99% and "big j dawg" the rest.

That dude also weighs like 3-4 times the average human... Stick to your TRT maybe you will be like him then we can call you "big j dawg" too 😊.
TRT??? You're back to drinking aren't you? Its obvious I would need to blast a gram a week for years to even dream of being as big as you. Don't you weigh 170lbs? DAMN! I got to catch up :cry:.

TRT??? You're back to drinking aren't you? Its obvious I would need to blast a gram a week for years to even dream of being as big as you. Don't you weigh 170lbs? DAMN! I got to catch up :cry:.
I'm 200lbs when I take shit. But damn at 215 you pretty huge,i guess the 15lbs is the weight of retardation you carry?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206_121727.jpg
    Screenshot_20240206_121727.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 4
I'm 200lbs when I take shit. But damn at 215 you pretty huge,i guess the 15lbs is the weight of retardation you carry?
oh waaaay more than that brother. Keep digging around through my old post and you'll see its 100% retardation.

IML Gear Cream!
Damn 140kg at 60kg bodyweight sucks too... I guess he's not a "big dawg". I like his ballerina style too. His placings are terrible... Let's laugh at him because "big j dawg" benches 335kg at 200kg 👍🏻🙏💪.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206_121122_com.huawei.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20240206_121122_com.huawei.browser.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 3
Damn 140kg at 60kg bodyweight sucks too... I guess he's not a "big dawg". I like his ballerina style too. His placings are terrible... Let's laugh at him because "big j dawg" benches 335kg at 200kg 👍🏻🙏💪.

i mean 500 dots isnt terrible he still ranks in top 2800s, so give him some credit. This guy your moms boyfriend or something? never heard of him.

You guys should would watch the IPF Sheffield powerlifting show on right now. The amount of little details that make them miss the lift is insane. Jesus literally held the bar on his chest for a solid 3 seconds but he got 3 reds for racking the weight himself.

But oh, CHEATING!

Back