• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Power lifter -> Bodybuilder: From the Hospital to the Stage

Right?!? Haha... ROTFLMBO

But on a serious note I'm actually yet to try that movement with the straps. That's interesting, and I'm willing to give that a shot for shock value.
It's interesting, it looks like a different type of activation.. I'm down with it..

Use a thick enough resistance band to hold the weight but still provides instability.

Shoulder shrug + scapular retraction and hold. Try to have your upper back absorb the instability from the weight hanging from the band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached is a picture of my bench training block and how things are laid out, phase 1 will look something like this with distinct blocks

Hypertrophy Phase 1
Baseline WeekIntroAccumulateIntensificationDeload
2 weeks4 Weeks2 Weeks
Main Movement Intensity Range70%70%70-80%
Volume Bonus (from base)Add 1 setAdd 2-3 setsDrop Sets
Add Cardio Component
Minimum Volume2 sets 8-15 reps
Maximum Volume?NA4-5 sets4-5 sets + drop

Notice each phase in this block has certain elements, we are adding volume across time leading up to a deload.

The goal with programming like this is to have quality volume that accumulates over time, you are stimulating muscle and increasing that stimulus as the weeks go on, thus adhering to the principle of overload.

Attached is a video, so you get an idea of how I lift and how things should look following this type of programming. Only thing I pushed a bit is on my 3rd movement on chest (incline machine) I did some little half reps at the end on my last set (not every set). I am careful to not add too much fatigue. Its not what you can do in the gym, its what you can recover from! If you are curious on recover modalities and training let me know, but definitely give a google search to the "SRA Curve." when applied to training.

I am really enjoying what Dr. Mike Israetel calls the Chest Hypertrophy Sandwhich. This is where you do a Compound, an isolation, followed by a slightly easier compound. So for me that looked like:
Bench
Chest Adduction (which I used a specialty bench bar for, but sometimes also do flyes...I switch the adduction movement between 2-3 options)
Then another compound, this time I opted for the incline machine, but I sometimes do dumbbells.
This sequencing of workouts I am finding to be very effective, then I do a finisher...pushups which I have been a long term advocate for.

You will notice on my programming that I am alternating week to week my main chest movement, between a 3x3 flat bench and a higher rep range incline press. My main goal right now is hypertrophy so benching will remain every other week and the focus will be on speed and technique. I am thinking by week 8 my bench will be around 375-390lbs for very smooth speedy reps. We shall see.

The incline press I have to figure out which angle is the most friendly for my shoulder, hopefully I don't need to get too creative. I have a bad right shoulder which has been finnicky lately (Its a long term issue, clipped a tree snowboarding as a kid and its never been the same sense, its usually fine but once I "tweak" it the thing can become challenging for a month or two).

Let's talk training. Review my programming and feel free to ask questions!

Block periodization is my baby.

Good job

Subbed!! You're the biggest 180 I've ever seen brotha! Glad you're healthy again and ready to kill it.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Subbed!! You're the biggest 180 I've ever seen brotha! Glad you're healthy again and ready to kill it.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I tell people this all the time, not to worry about the numbers, because I've seen some big 180-190 pounders in my day. Let the mirror do the talking, guys constantly stressing about the digits on the scale there's nothing

https://youtu.be/cJPVNOniTjQ

Today’s workout:
SSB squat 5x3
Single leg split squat 4x12 (2 sets each leg)
Then hyper extension/ leg curls/ calves

Pretty easy session, we are still in minimum effective volume range.

Soon we layer in additional workout and Up the total workload for 4 weeks then increase more for 2 weeks, followed by a deload

Get Shredded!
https://youtu.be/HfKWvD9SQC4

Growing that upper back and traps one baby shrug at a time

That is one of my favorite movements, but man listen, that is the second promo ass I seen.. I'm about to make a request if you could just leave your phone on for 5 minutes, and go do your thing.. she was BAD!!!!
WAIT, was it a she? I don't have my glasses on..

IMG_0300.jpg

Starting to thicken back up, still not on cycle. I’m excited

That is one of my favorite movements, but man listen, that is the second promo ass I seen.. I'm about to make a request if you could just leave your phone on for 5 minutes, and go do your thing.. she was BAD!!!!
WAIT, was it a she? I don't have my glasses on..

Haha she’s an IFBB Pro fitness competitor, she can do all sorts of wild stuff

https://youtu.be/v8mlMsiwpsw

Whew hypertrophy days are fun, I’m enjoying the “hypertrophy sandwich” as Dr. Mike calls it, even though the DB reps are taking a hit to my ego.

I’m excited to reshare my spreadsheet as data flows in so that everyone can see the logical progressions and pivots.

One thing that’s bothering me is the right elbow tricep tendinitis, thus am removing skull crushers which I do love. Am going to be playing with other movements to see what bothers it and doesn’t.

Today’s workout:

Main component:
Smith Incline: 4x15 @ 225lbs
Pec fly machine: 4x15
DB heavy “no” tempo 100lbs x9?
DB tempo 70lbs 3x10

Then I played with some tricep stuff, did a few sets of biceps and a few more shrugs.

Tomorrow lower body and then Thursday/Friday I take off

https://youtu.be/q9m77V9O7Qw

Things are moving nicely, today marked the first workout of official week 3, if you remember this is where we increase volume for the next 4 weeks.

I was hoping to be on cycle starting today, but no dice yet

Next 6 weeks gets pretty interesting and challenging. Load up the volume

Today
3x3 bench increased to 315, easy money
4x15 pec dec for some isolation work
3x10 incline press 185, 205, 225
2xAMRAP pushups
Then some biceps, triceps, and back work

Pretty good day. Over the next 4 weeks we increase the sets and reps. Gonna be fun

Things are moving nicely, today marked the first workout of official week 3, if you remember this is where we increase volume for the next 4 weeks.

I was hoping to be on cycle starting today, but no dice yet

Next 6 weeks gets pretty interesting and challenging. Load up the volume

Today
3x3 bench increased to 315, easy money
4x15 pec dec for some isolation work
3x10 incline press 185, 205, 225
2xAMRAP pushups
Then some biceps, triceps, and back work

Pretty good day. Over the next 4 weeks we increase the sets and reps. Gonna be fun

Great work man, you have some bad ass raw output, nicely done..

You're partner is awesome, she is right there verbally where she needs to be, I wish my dudes would just shut up for once and be there like that for me rather than checking phones or yapping away. Solid training partner man!

Always enjoyed your logs! You don't let anything stop you.Keep crushing it

Great work man, you have some bad ass raw output, nicely done..

You're partner is awesome, she is right there verbally where she needs to be, I wish my dudes would just shut up for once and be there like that for me rather than checking phones or yapping away. Solid training partner man!

Lol this is why I workout alone for the most part! I’m not much of a talker while training. Only take my phone out to switch songs.

IML Gear Cream!
Lol this is why I workout alone for the most part! I’m not much of a talker while training. Only take my phone out to switch songs.

That's the same here bro that is about 95% of my routine however when I do have someone with me, they mostly end up just ruining it for me.. a couple buddies in my circle we all try going together for some time and we all have different protocols and goals and it was a quagmire. It's best when you have someone on the same page as you, and it's even better if they can assist you on one of their off days and then you do the same for them.

I hate getting slow down

That's the same here bro that is about 95% of my routine however when I do have someone with me, they mostly end up just ruining it for me.. a couple buddies in my circle we all try going together for some time and we all have different protocols and goals and it was a quagmire. It's best when you have someone on the same page as you, and it's even better if they can assist you on one of their off days and then you do the same for them.

I hate getting slow down

There’s only about 3 guys I’ll lift with and each one is on a certain day. Jon is my go to heavy chest day guy lol we have a good session coming Monday I’ll toss up in my log. Going to try and make alittle video if possible. Him and I don’t talk much tho during training he’s just like me lol

This has to be quite the amazing comeback from a hospital bed then into the gym! Keep crushing it brother...you got this locked down.

I myself worry myself sick about getting a nasty bug again like I did 3 years ago that almost threatened my life.

Last edited:
This has to be quite the amazing comeback from a hospital bed then into the gym! Keep crushing it brother...you got this locked down.

I myself worry myself sick about getting a nasty bug again like I did 3 years ago that almost threatened my life.

Thank you man, it was a really rough sickness and hospital stay. I am definitely on the come back and ready to start some advanced supplementation. My strength is slowly coming back, a big jump occurs each workout. Just not doing stupid things and keeping it incremental.

Soon I will be on cycle and will push the envelope a bit more AND keep bumping the calories.

I plan on using Insulin and Growth as well, but maybe not at dosages some read on here.

Growth will be 3IU every night
Insulin will be 5IU preworkout

Yesterday's workout was a success. Apologies no videos. We had to rush the workout as we spent the day in Miami watching a powerlifting competition.
After this week I will share my excel so you can see how the progression has gone, nice and steady.

I am currently in the 4 week volume phase where I will be adding volume quite a bit, as that will be the focus. Then the last 2 weeks will be loading intensity (weight on the bar).

A no bullshit cycle, straight from my heart to yours.

This to me is a pretty high dosage cycle, meant to be run for a LONG duration, not 12 weeks.

INJ:
Testosterone 500mg/ week
NPP 300mg/week
Masteron E 400mg/week

Oral:
Tbol - 50mg/day 1x/day (16 hour half-life)
Anavar - 50mg/day (25mg morning / 25 night as its half-life is about 8-10 hours)

INJ Accessory
Growth Hormone: 2-4IU/Night
Novolon-R: 5iu/pre workout

Oral Accessory:
Slow Niacin: 1500mg/day
Vitamin D: 500mg/day
Multivitamin: 1/day
Greens Supplement (if greens aren't largely consumed in diet) 1/day
ZMA Supplement at recommended dosage

This would be my growing cycle, ready to watch me grow?

P.S. while I acknowledge many people want/require/need larger dosages. I am only sharing what I want/need/or would recommend to my peers. Plus if you stay healthy and alive you can be our customer longer :)

Following!

Изпратено от моят SM-A520F с помощта на Tapatalk

A no bullshit cycle, straight from my heart to yours.

This to me is a pretty high dosage cycle, meant to be run for a LONG duration, not 12 weeks.

INJ:
Testosterone 500mg/ week
NPP 300mg/week
Masteron E 400mg/week

Oral:
Tbol - 50mg/day 1x/day (16 hour half-life)
Anavar - 50mg/day (25mg morning / 25 night as its half-life is about 8-10 hours)

INJ Accessory
Growth Hormone: 2-4IU/Night
Novolon-R: 5iu/pre workout

Oral Accessory:
Slow Niacin: 1500mg/day
Vitamin D: 500mg/day
Multivitamin: 1/day
Greens Supplement (if greens aren't largely consumed in diet) 1/day
ZMA Supplement at recommended dosage

This would be my growing cycle, ready to watch me grow?

P.S. while I acknowledge many people want/require/need larger dosages. I am only sharing what I want/need/or would recommend to my peers. Plus if you stay healthy and alive you can be our customer longer :)
CK
You like to take HGH at night? Any specific reason? Seems everyone has a slightly different reason for timing so I thought I would ask.

Today’s workout:

4x12 smith incline
4x15 chest adduction machine

1xamrap heavy dumbbell, played with the new self handout dumbbell and it put my shoulder in a weird position and couldn’t unrack it smooth, won’t be using it again.

3x10 75lbs tempo dumbbell

After that I just did some triceps and whatnot nothing crazy

CK
You like to take HGH at night? Any specific reason? Seems everyone has a slightly different reason for timing so I thought I would ask.

This aligns with normal GH rhythms in the body and I sleep like a baby

Back