• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

New to the TRT scene and ASF

whywhywhy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just got started on TRT actually waiting on my first bottle of cyp as we speak from an actual dr. I didn't like the starting dose based on the research I've done so I took a gamble and ordered from a forum sponsor I am very nervous, but the reviews have been good for them, so I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully it'll make it here within 2 weeks. I ordered some prop and cyp. I figured I would try a blast and cruise cycle. My test scores were 238 and Freet 7.4. I'm 27 and around 285lbs. I know I have had low T probably ever since puberty, so I'm glad I finally found the problem of so many of my symptoms and hoping for the best. So, I'll be working on my diet, workout, and doing the TRT all at once and hoping for some great gains. I'll also be doing HCG. So glad to meet you guys and looking forward to learning more and more.

If you are truly interested in TRT you need to start slow IMO. Starting from where you are, based on what you indicated, warrants a slow but steady approach to determine the level of impact for the result.

You said great gains?
Muscle or fat loss?

Your weight is high for anyone and I imagine "could" generate health issues.

What did your labs indicate?
What are your goals?

No matter what, congrats for getting started on TRT, there are many success stories here to learn from.

If you are truly interested in TRT you need to start slow IMO. Starting from where you are, based on what you indicated, warrants a slow but steady approach to determine the level of impact for the result.

You said great gains?
Muscle or fat loss?

Your weight is high for anyone and I imagine "could" generate health issues.

What did your labs indicate?
What are your goals?

No matter what, congrats for getting started on TRT, there are many success stories here to learn from.
Fat Loss mainly and to gain some muscle as well, but mainly fat loss. I've had a lot of low t symptoms ever since I was young and have fought the genetic battle, but never knew it was due to low t numbers although I should have assumed it but just never knew what direction to look into. I didn't even know my harmones could be affecting why I always gained weight despite eating less than most and having a hard time losing fat despite working out and eating right. Also have had some depression and mental aspects as well that I've been reading should at least start getting better when I get normal numbers that are close to what regular men feel. I've sadly had gyno since puberty, so that's one thing I don't worry about. I know once my weight gets low enough I can at least gladly pay for the surgery and will be happy to do so as that has weighed on me more than anything really.

My goals are just to get in shape and healthy so I can live life unrestricted. I'm going to work on my dieet and try to find a good workout regime and hit it hard and hopefully everything clicks and for once works together for my benefit. My numbers were extremely low so at least fixing that means I won't have to have so much resistance working against me. Thankfully, I haven't got diabetes yet, or suffered from any other major health issues and want to get things in order before that would have an affect or get more serious. The mental aspect has been my toughest thing to overcome and right now, I'm in a good place. So, I want to ride this wave until I get to where I need to.
Thanks for the response.

Fat Loss mainly and to gain some muscle as well, but mainly fat loss. I've had a lot of low t symptoms ever since I was young and have fought the genetic battle, but never knew it was due to low t numbers although I should have assumed it but just never knew what direction to look into. I didn't even know my harmones could be affecting why I always gained weight despite eating less than most and having a hard time losing fat despite working out and eating right. Also have had some depression and mental aspects as well that I've been reading should at least start getting better when I get normal numbers that are close to what regular men feel. I've sadly had gyno since puberty, so that's one thing I don't worry about. I know once my weight gets low enough I can at least gladly pay for the surgery and will be happy to do so as that has weighed on me more than anything really.

My goals are just to get in shape and healthy so I can live life unrestricted. I'm going to work on my dieet and try to find a good workout regime and hit it hard and hopefully everything clicks and for once works together for my benefit. My numbers were extremely low so at least fixing that means I won't have to have so much resistance working against me. Thankfully, I haven't got diabetes yet, or suffered from any other major health issues and want to get things in order before that would have an affect or get more serious. The mental aspect has been my toughest thing to overcome and right now, I'm in a good place. So, I want to ride this wave until I get to where I need to.
Thanks for the response.
You have taken the first step already by deciding to improve your health. Learn everything you can about eating a healthy diet, we have the biggest battle in changing the way we eat. Old habits are hard to break, hell I didn't even know what a serving was so I had to learn. I bought a food scale from wal-mart weighed and ran a log to record and review what I was eating. It was my way to learn and make myself think before I ate. Just think of it as a life style adjustment, moving yourself to a healthy place where you want to be. I had to learn how to eat healthy...one step at a time.

You can ask your questions and post your labs and get some input from those of us who have been there. So ride that wave and the best of luck to you ! TRT has helped so many of us here, it will help you too !

I always gained weight despite eating less than most and having a hard time losing fat despite working out and eating right.

I think you'll have an easier time losing weight if you are honest with yourself.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think you'll have an easier time losing weight if you are honest with yourself.

Trust me I'm more than honest with myself and probably a little too hard on myself. Not making excuses at all, but I'm just glad it makes more sense now. I've got bad genetics and obesity runs in my family despite eating right and exercising. I just never knew a cause of that could be having Low T. So, I'll give it a go again and this time with a little help on being closer to "normal".

No excuses though, I own up to everything and why I am like I am today.

Trust me I'm more than honest with myself and probably a little too hard on myself. Not making excuses at all, but I'm just glad it makes more sense now. I've got bad genetics and obesity runs in my family despite eating right and exercising. I just never knew a cause of that could be having Low T. So, I'll give it a go again and this time with a little help on being closer to "normal".

No excuses though, I own up to everything and why I am like I am today.

How tall are you?

My #'s were at 168 & I have slowly adjusted the TRT therapy. I currently run 150 each week & my T #'s are at 700-750 & free levels are just North of the top normal free levels.

I also run L-dex every third day at 0.3 which decreased sides I was having (sweating @ night, acne on back). The l-dex took some work to adjust dosages & multiple periods of testing.

T levels for TRT will not drastically improve weight loss. Will you feel better? Hell yes. I use to feel sick often which is rare anymore. I actually have energy to workout now.

The key is to put in gym time keeping your HR up throughout the workout & then counting calories at all times. How many calories do you take in on a daily basis now?

Last edited:
How many calories do you take in on a daily basis now?
Honestly probably about 1000-1500 I know I will need to eat more. I don't eat that much because I am trying to starve myself, but I don't have the biggest appetite and never have. I only eat twice a day usually. I understand I need to eat about 4-6 times a day, light meals. I'll be adding in some protein as well.

IML Gear Cream!
I didn't have a big appetite either. I typically would feel up rather quickly & often become nauseous. I started using sustenex probiotic gummies along with a digestive probiotic pearl. These things helped me out a lot. I'm not sure if you may have the same issue but it's something to check into.

Definitely add the protein due to the fact your body has to work to break it down which burns more calories. Shoot for 0.75-1 per ideal body weight. I'm guessing for your height 185-200 range.

Best of luck to ya. As I mentioned before if you understand & control sides you will feel much better. Getting accurate #'s requires a lot of testing but is worth it in the long run.

I didn't have a big appetite either. I typically would feel up rather quickly & often become nauseous. I started using sustenex probiotic gummies along with a digestive probiotic pearl. These things helped me out a lot. I'm not sure if you may have the same issue but it's something to check into.

Definitely add the protein due to the fact your body has to work to break it down which burns more calories. Shoot for 0.75-1 per ideal body weight. I'm guessing for your height 185-200 range.

Best of luck to ya. As I mentioned before if you understand & control sides you will feel much better. Getting accurate #'s requires a lot of testing but is worth it in the long run.
Did you start at 150mg and keep it there or did you start at a lower dose and adjust accordingly? I was thinking about starting with 100mg/week (twice a week) but understand that may be too low. To get my system jumpstarted, should I try to do a blast and cruise type of thing and then cruise at 100mg/week?

Did you start at 150mg and keep it there or did you start at a lower dose and adjust accordingly? I was thinking about starting with 100mg/week (twice a week) but understand that may be too low. To get my system jumpstarted, should I try to do a blast and cruise type of thing and then cruise at 100mg/week?

I was at 100/ 2 weeks for a while & then 150/2weeks. Then changed to 200/10days & later to 250/10. However at 250/10 days my E2 was way to high & I had not discovered L-dex as of yet. So, I moved to 100/week to keep my levels stable ( i think TestC has a half life of 12 days)?

I purchased some L-dex & got my E2 under control. Then based upon my e2 levels & feel I adjusted up to 150/week from there. With my free levels being just above a high normal along with the Androgen index I decided I was good where I was at.

I'm using TRT for maintenance & not cycling for steroid use. So, I always shoot for normal levels vs. crazy high #'s of T.

If I were you I'd try 100 every 10 for a couple of months & then test your #'s again. Be sure to watch your E2's. 20-35 range is good for most. It's best to ease into using T & assess how your body reacts.

Doing this you can figure out where you feel best: 700 Total T vs. 500 vs. 1000 & see how much is converted over to E2 or if 7, 10 or 14 days between dosing works better for your body. Plus free levels are quite important vs. total T.

Last edited:
I was at 100/ 2 weeks for a while & then 150/2weeks. Then changed to 200/10days & later to 250/10. However at 250/10 days my E2 was way to high & I had not discovered L-dex as of yet. So, I moved to 100/week to keep my levels stable ( i think TestC has a half life of 12 days)?

I purchased some L-dex & got my E2 under control. Then based upon my e2 levels & feel I adjusted up to 150/week from there. With my free levels being just above a high normal along with the Androgen index I decided I was good where I was at.

I'm using TRT for maintenance & not cycling for steroid use. So, I always shoot for normal levels vs. crazy high #'s of T.

If I were you I'd try 100 every 10 for a couple of months & then test your #'s again. Be sure to watch your E2's. 20-35 range is good for most. It's best to ease into using T & assess how your body reacts.

Doing this you can figure out where you feel best: 700 Total T vs. 500 vs. 1000 & see how much is converted over to E2 or if 7, 10 or 14 days between dosing works better for your body. Plus free levels are quite important vs. total T.
That makes perfect sense. Sounds like quite a bit of testing to go through. I think I saw a method posted to get testing done for about $50. How often would you test? Once a month, every 2 months, or?
I was just thinking due to weight 100 starting off would be pretty low and I wouldn't feel it or expect it to work. I didn't want to waste time and keep waiting and waiting, but I understand what you are saying and that makes sense. May just be worth it to do it like that. I'll just have to adjust my mindset and try not to be so anxious lol.

Thanks for the help. My cyp just came in. My doc said he wanted me to do subq, but thought IM was a better option. I've also got some anastrazole just in case. Would you start taking that now or would you wait for symptoms to show up? My E2 is pretty low right now. At the moment it'sEstradiol 12.1 pg/mL 7.6 â?? 42.6 01 . So I was expecting it to go up with my test going up.

I don't think its possible for an active person weighing 285 to eat 1000-1500 a day for a month and not lose weight. If, for some crazy reason, this is true.... I don't know what to say. This just goes against every thing I've learned.

I don't think its possible for an active person weighing 285 to eat 1000-1500 a day for a month and not lose weight. If, for some crazy reason, this is true.... I don't know what to say. This just goes against every thing I've learned.

You got me... I don't know what to say. I eat the same thing for lunch everyday at work and sometimes I'll eat a dinner sometime I won't. I've just been maintaining weight. Not sure if there could be other things going on, but initially when I found out I had Low T I was reading how it can make it difficult to lose weight and have all of your weight go to your stomach and/or chest so I got excited thinking that was a reason. Maybe since I wasn't working out in the gym I was losing muscle and not fat? I have no idea what to tell you. Now, I'll actually start working out and eating 2000+ calories a day. So, I can just hope to see some changes. I've naturally been big my whole life.

Hey bro. It sounds like you're having a lot of problems associated with Low T. I've been reading up on this a lot lately because I've been having some trouble myself. I was having a lot of textbook symptoms. I've been a gym rat my whole life. Played sports a lot and I'm actually in the Health & Fitness Industry. So, recently, after being on some medication, I've gained a ton of weight although I've stayed active. Now, it's hard to diet all the time, so while not training for a competition or anything, I slacked off. But once I tried to get back into the gym, I noticed that my recovery time was horrible compared to what it used to be. I was weaker, moody, no energy, etc. So I recently got tested, and of course, Low T. Get your Testosterone in check and it will make gains in the gym skyrocket. You'll actually see results for your hard work. Testosterone is responsible for tons of physiological reactions and duties. If it's not correct, it can nullify even the most valiant efforts in the gym and with diet. Although, you should definitely be eating clean. There's a good sticky in the Training forum-The Bodybuilder's Grocery List. Check that out. It'll help with your choice of foods. We're in the same boat bro. Get a handle on your Low T, but don't put too much stock in only that, put in the work too! Good Luck.

Back