• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Former Florida deputy arrested for allegedly planting drugs during traffic stops

Swiper

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
https://www.reddit.com/r/iamatotalp..._peoples/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...lanting-drugs-traffic-stops/story?id=64265554

A former Florida deputy has been arrested on a slew of charges for allegedly planting drugs on people he pulled over.

Zachary Wester, 26, a former deputy with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, was charged with 52 counts of racketeering for allegedly using the sheriff's office to commit various crimes, Florida State Attorney Bill Evans said in a news conference Wednesday.

The charges include nine counts each of official misconduct, fabricating evidence, possession of an illegal substance, false imprisonment, misdemeanors of perjury and possession of drug paraphernalia, Evans said.

Investigators found 42 items of drug paraphernalia in Wester's car, including 10 separately packaged quantities of methamphetamine and five separately packaged quantities of marijuana, said Chris Williams, assistant special agent in charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Pensacola region.

Eleven people have testified that Wester planted drugs on them, Evans said. The majority of the victims were locals, but it does not appear that Wester was targeting a specific group of people, said Evans, who declined to speculate about the motive behind Wester's actions.

There were several instances in which Wester's body camera was turned off before the drugs were "located," and other instances in which the body camera was "turned on only after the drugs were located," Evans said.

Wester was a deputy with the Liberty County Sheriff's Office for less than a year before he was hired by Jackson County in May 2016, Williams said.

An internal investigation was launched after concerns arose surrounding Wester's work. Jackson County Sheriff Lou Roberts asked state authorities to conduct an independent investigation after Wester was fired last September, Evans said.

Wester made more than 100 arrests during his time with Jackson County, but investigators do not believe that "every one of those is a false arrest or that he planted drugs on every one of those," Evans said.

Roberts called Wester's alleged conduct "a very serious matter."

"This is something we're not proud of," Roberts said, adding that law enforcement is supposed to "set the highest standards."

Evans described the investigation as "complex and voluminous," and said that it is not yet complete.

The investigation involved more than 1,400 man hours and was delayed by Hurricane Michael in October, Williams said.

Evans does not plan to offer a plea deal and is ready for a speedy trial, he said.

"It is the policy of my office not to plea bargain cases of this nature," he said.

Wester was arrested Wednesday morning in Wakulla County and is being held without bond. He is expected to be transported to Jackson County to be tried, Evans said.

It is unclear whether Wester entered a plea during his court appearance Thursday morning, or if he has retained an attorney.

ABC News' Olivia Rubin and Ben Stein contributed to this report.

60585f95c85c5abba39a13d2325b7764.jpg

fucking piece of shit should rot in prison for the rest of his life.

I fail to understand what motivates idiots like this to plant evidence in order to make arrests. With the current political and social climate that even good cops have to endure these days, it really sucks that creeps like this guy have to make things worse for all cops. And cops have a dangerous job as it is without this moron running around making things worse. If he really is guilty, I hope they throw the book at him!!!

This is just like every other cop in the world, if they don’t plant drugs they misrepresent the situation by false statements on a report to make it look better for an conviction. All cops are bad.

This is just like every other cop in the world, if they don’t plant drugs they misrepresent the situation by false statements on a report to make it look better for an conviction. All cops are bad.
It's completely unrealistic for you ro suggest that ALL cops are like the cop described in this thread.You sound like someone that has only dealt with cops while you were on the wrong side of the law, and one of those people who would eliminate all cops if it were up to you. I think that's a very extreme viewpoint on your part, because although I don't agree with everything that law enforcement does, I also know that our society would be utter chaos with anyone to enforce any laws at all, because in that case, there wouldn't be any point in having any laws. Your grandmother, mom, and sister wouldn't be able to walk to the corner deli without robbed, assaulted, or raped.

Last edited:
I wonder how many "good cops" turned a blind eye

It's completely unrealistic for you ro suggest that ALL cops are like the cop described in this thread.You sound like someone that has only dealt with cops while you were on the wrong side of the law, and one of those people who would eliminate all cops if it were up to you. I think that's a very extreme viewpoint on your part, because although I don't agree with everything that law enforcement does, I also know that our society would be utter chaos with anyone to enforce any laws at all, because in that case, there wouldn't be any point in having any laws. Your grandmother, mom, and sister wouldn't be able to walk to the corner deli without robbed, assaulted, or raped.

I agree we need LE.

At the same time their training and the inner workings of the police department are skewed. They want to make shit black and white, when really there is plenty of "gray" area.

They seem ready and willing to find this "gray" area when dealing with fellow cops. Including the special treatment given to cops and family members of cops.

If your just a "regular" person, they are always looking to build a case. You can't talk to them like a human being when they are in uniform bc they are playing a role. And they see just right or wrong and not much in between. Except if your a fellow cop of course.

WTF are there even PBA cards? If you have one, you can catch a break?? The very existence of PBA cards presupposes you can get off "easy" by having one where the average person is dealt with the full extent of the law. Bullshit.

That's not an even playing field. And it isn't fair to play favorites. Especially when you are dealing with breaking the law.

He should be drug through the streets, Ghadaffi style. Make an example of this prick. Fucking with people's freedom is beyond fucked up and I have no tolerance for that. Im a somewhat law abiding citizen and the thought of a douchebag cop planting shit on me to hinder my freedom and my time with my kids infuriates me.

Aug51, I can appreciate the fact that you're emotionally mature enough, as well as realistic enough to know and admit that we do need cops. It would be nice if we didn't, but unfortunately they're a neccessary evil due to the idiots in our society who ruin it for the rest of us. It seems that so many in our society just don't know where to draw the line, nor make personal boundaries for themselves. They live and think in a "whatever feels good-do it" world of their own.

As far as the PD's training being in "black and white" like you said, I think that we have Attorneys to thank for that. There are too many of them who are suit happy due to their greed, and I also think that the USA simply has too many Attorneys period. But that's a whole other topic I guess. But many cops do NOT think nor perform their job in a black and white manner. You know why? because there are so many laws on the books, that there is no way possible that any cop could enforce every single Law. it's humanly impossible. So every cop through his own experience has to learn how to apply discretion and focus on the weightier issues of the law. But body cams are quickly erroding their ability to do that. And that's just one way that Attorneys are helping to ruin things for all of us. The time when a cop can let us off the hook for something small and trivial is slipping away with the use of body cams. So you see, surveilence of cops performing their job is becoming a double edged sword.

There are lots of great guys on this board, but sometimes I wonder if the vast majority on here are either just a bunch of stoners and will always hate all cops merely due to their stoner lifestyle, or they're just a bunch of muscle heads. Trust me guys, I don't mean that as an offense, but just as a challenge for some of you to take a good look at yourself. I was there once, and I know how that is.

I really believe that some of you guys here, (on this board I mean) should try taking the time to get to know some cops if you ever get the chance. If/when you happen to meet any in a social setting, try showing an interest in what they do for living by asking them non-challenging questions and without talking down to them, nor trying to come across as an arrogant know-it-all punk. If you do, I can assure you that you'll hear and see a side to them that you've never heard nor seen before. A side that you won't hear/see on the news broadcast.

You'll find that most cops are real people like many of us. Most of them are pro-gun rights, (even for us) pro-USA, and they cannot stand this political correctness crap, (just as many of us can't). And you'll also find that many of them do not think nor care to do their job and enforce the law in a black and white manner, and many of them don't, unless they have to work for a liberal town or city, where the major dictates how they do thier jobs by handcuffing their ability to arrest the real trouble makers who attack innocent people. In many areas, the police officers' profession has become way too politicized, and cops trying to do thier job just to earn a living are caught in the middle. And the vast majority of them don't even make a whole lot from their meager salaries, despite the fact that they put their life on the line on a daily basis.

I was never a cop myself. They would have to offer me over a quarter million a year to do that job. But as you've heard me say before, I've had family on the force, and I've also met other cops who aren't family, and I've taken the time to get their side of the story. trust me guys....as a group, there is much more to them than meets the eye. And most of the media portray all of them as dirtbags because that seems like the popular thing to do now and it makes head lines, but many of them really aren't. Most of them are like many of us. Just regular guys. try giving them the benefit of the doubt next time you get pulled over, rather than acting like a snotty punk. try keeping in mind that some of them hate that they even have to pull you over, but if they don't, their superior will question them at the end of the month as to why they're not issuing enough tickets.

There's parts of their job that they don't like just like there is parts of our jobs that we don't like. Peace

Last edited:
We may need them, but perhaps at 10% to 20% of current staffing levels. Having too many officers out looking for something to do endangers liberty.

It’s not unrealistic to think this, I’ve never been to jail or prison. Every encounter I’ve had with a cop has been then assuming I’ve done wrong and they have impeded on my rights. After I’ve asserted my rights and let them know that their qualified immunity is void at this point is only way they back off and leave me be. No piece of shit cop is above me unless I’ve broken a law, but all the power trip cops think otherwise. They are trained to think they have more rights then I do, that’s is completely false. They have indoctrinated you into thinking that society needs police, we do not. There is not one thing that government can do better then citizens.

IML Gear Cream!
We may need them, but perhaps at 10% to 20% of current staffing levels. Having too many officers out looking for something to do endangers liberty.

We have laws, they need to be enforced. So cops are needed IMO.

I have never been arrested. Given a speeding ticket once.

But I have seen and know enough to agree with the above. And I have known many cops who can be "regular dudes" for the most part when they are not playing their "role" as I mentioned in my last post.

AS TAll Deck stated, they have to go around giving out tickets to show they are doing their job.... so this is what you are talking about. Cops being on the prowl to justify their existence. This is crap.

As I previously stated, one of the things that pisses me off is the double standard they set for us and them. When they should be setting the very best example, often they are the ones doing most of the drinking and driving bc they can get away with it by flashing their badge.

99% cops won't arrest another cop unless it is super serious.

It’s not unrealistic to think this, I’ve never been to jail or prison. Every encounter I’ve had with a cop has been then assuming I’ve done wrong and they have impeded on my rights. After I’ve asserted my rights and let them know that their qualified immunity is void at this point is only way they back off and leave me be. No piece of shit cop is above me unless I’ve broken a law, but all the power trip cops think otherwise. They are trained to think they have more rights then I do, that’s is completely false. They have indoctrinated you into thinking that society needs police, we do not. There is not one thing that government can do better then citizens.
You're obviously a know-it-all. You've never done their job, but yet you think you know all about how they should do it. Talk is cheap. Go and do their job, and then show them how they should do it. Until you do that, then your words have no weight.

Like i said, I haven't done their job either, but I've taken the time to listen to their side of the story instead of being all cocky about it. It's sooooo easy for guys like you to criticize them until you've been in their shoes or at the very least, taken the time to get to talk to one of them to hear their side. But in your mind, there's only one side of the story.....YOUR side. That's why I say you're completely unrealistic.

I've been pulled over by some cops that were complete dirtbag ego freaks. But not all of them who pulled me over are like that. If every single cop who pulled you over is like that, then maybe it's YOUR attitude towards them that brings it out. You're the first person I've ever heard say that EVERY cop is the same. Usually guys like you who are all bent on exercising their "rights" above all else are a whole lot more concerned about their RIGHTS than about being responsible while exercising those rights.

But I didn't really mean to lock horns with you here. I guess you and I will have to disagree on this one. It seems that you have your mind made up. I obviously don't know you. You might be a smart guy overall. I just think that you come across as an extremist. On one end of the scale, there are police states with marshall law, where you have government troops enforcing curfews where citizens are treated like subjects. But then you have the complete other end of that scale, which is what you're advocating where there are no rules, no laws, and nobody hired and paid to enforce any laws....

...here's the problem....BOTH of those extremes will never work in a large heavily populated nation like ours. BOTH ends of that scale, BOTH examples are completely UNREALISTIC. If you disagree, then please give me an example of a large nation with hundreds of millions of citizens where a completely lawless society has ever worked, or presently DOES work. It's just a dream my friend. Because human nature is selfish, and people always want to concern themselves MORE about their "RIGHTS" than about being civil and considerate and respectful to their neighbors. It's because of that element of human nature why we need laws, and cops to enforce those laws. ...but something tells me that my words are being wasted here. Oh well, I tried. You're entitled to your opinion, just as I am to mine.

Last edited:
^this fucking bootlicker... smh

^this fucking bootlicker... smh

Bootlicker for sure
I figured you guys would resort to name calling, because you have no valid points. So you have nowhere else to go but to label me as well as cops. Pretty sad. But the bottom line is that you have a problem with authority, so you think you're above the law, and your egos won't let you lower yourselves to answer politely to any cop no matter how fair he might be. Keep on walking in your dream world and pretending that we don't need cops nor laws at all. I noticed that you couldn't give me any example of where there is any nation anywhere that exists, or that has ever existed without any government, any cops or their equivelent, nor any laws. You cannot answer that because you have no answer. But yet you still pretend that you know it all. LOL. I'm done with this thread. There's nobody with any maturity participating here other than AUG51

Big men behind keyboards.....

Last edited:
Get Shredded!
I figured you guys would resort to name calling, because you have no valid points. So you have nowhere else to go but to label me as well as cops. Pretty sad. But the bottom line is that you have a problem with authority, so you think you're above the law, and your egos won't let you lower yourselves to answer politely to any cop no matter how fair he might be. Keep on walking in your dream world and pretending that we don't need cops nor laws at all. I noticed that you couldn't give me any example of where there is any nation anywhere that exists, or that has ever existed without any government, any cops or their equivelent, nor any laws. You cannot answer that because you have no answer. But yet you still pretend that you know it all. LOL. I'm done with this thread. There's nobody with any maturity participating here other than AUG51

Big men behind keyboards.....

Well if if the shoe fits wear it. Just by you saying one should answer politely shows you are a complying bootlicker. Wow you called me a know it all, but your showing to be that person. You understand authority, I over stand authority. Ego’s ? More like you don’t know what Rights are, and you let government take that from you. No dream world here, The only one dreaming is you. Dreaming hat being polite to a pig will get you extra brownie points. You arguing at me just shows your inability to let people have their own thoughts and beliefs. The action of pigs is the very reason I feel this way, so not that you man enough to wear my shoes, but if you could for a day you would crumble.

I don't think for one second they're all bad. This one however is all bad for sure. It's sickening to say the least. Not sure why in the world he would need to plant drugs on people when there are thousands of real criminals he could have gone after. One thing is for sure, he'll never do it again, thank God. Geez

The problem with police corruption, what ever percent of them are corrupt is that they are abusing the power of the state that we give them. I m generally on the side of law and order but when that power that is not their own is abused which it is all too often we need serious consequences. At least criminals are man enough to be out there on their own without the full weight of the state backing them.

in general I'm suspicious of anyone who seeks to wield power that is not their own.

All I know is, like em or not, this place would be hell on earth without our police and military. Same goes for the fire fighters and Ambulance people, God bless all of them.

Will also add that, when I was a teenager I was going down the wrong road fast. I didn't have anyone but my mother who gave a damn. Finally one day my mother had all she could stand with me and called police. Well, the police came, listened to her and eventually found me. It was that old school gray haired type cop who spoke sense into me. I mean, he actually cared and took some time to explain things to me. That one situation changed my life forever. To me the vast majority of cops are like this guy. That's why I tend to side with them on things. I realize there are bad cops out there not doubt. But I choose to believe there are more good than bad. There are far more good cop stories than the bad ones too. Unfortunately its the bad ones that stick out in society. I know this is not what most people (especially on a juice forum) want to hear but its all true.

I wonder how many "good cops" turned a blind eye

Honestly I would bet money that not one turned a blind eye to it. There's nothing to gain from it. This scum bag, was doing this sort of thing alone while no other cops were around. You see, this is simple, he's an isolated case of psychoism and I'm glad he's been caught. I mean hell, he was caught! That means another cop investigated his ass, turned him in, and put charges on him. God only knows how long it took police to nail him but, case closed, psycho loses.

All I know is, like em or not, this place would be hell on earth without our police and military. Same goes for the fire fighters and Ambulance people, God bless all of them.

Yes we need cops however jobs like this attract people that want instant authority and many end up being corrupt.

Back