• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Excellent snack while dieting.

CoachCabo

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I don’t think people really know about this stuff.
It is called “Biltong”, and is sort of a South African beef jerky. But calling biltong “beef jerky” is like calling a braai a “BBQ”. Not even close. But for our purposes here, it will do.

Biltong isn’t made with sugar. It also doesn’t have that lingering chemical taste that production American jerky has. I know, all you he-man hunters make the best jerky. But I don’t hunt, nor have access to game meat.
Speaking of game meat, kudu is the best biltong, and I try all the types I can when in SA. My sister-in-law swears the elephant biltong is the best she ever had.

This beef biltong can be purchased at many Walmarts. It is even cheaper than all the other beef jerkies on the shelf.
They have many flavors but the “original” and “peri-peri” are my favorites.

Give it a try! If you are lucky enough to have a South African presence in your town, look for a SA store. I know of one in The Woodlands, north of Houston. There you can get a better version. But this Stryve stuff is an improvement over beef jerky, taste and calorie wise.

@Deezo

Attachments

• IMG_3047.jpeg
    IMG_3047.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3048.jpeg
    IMG_3048.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 14
There are a bunch of bags of this in our cupboard and my wife is now vegetarian. I don't want to snack, so our kids are going to get this stuff.
They are going in a few weeks to visit their Ouma and Oupa in SA and I wish they could bring back the real thing...and some boerewors. Then I'd cheat a bit on my diet. You guys should see the biltong shops there. It is crazy! Cheap AF too.

I see they have that stuff at every bigbox store!!! Target, Wal fart, Amazon... Etc.

I see they have that stuff at every bigbox store!!! Target, Wal fart, Amazon... Etc.
Not in every store. It definitely varies. In store, they sometimes have a coupon for $ off stuck to the package. Last coupon was $3 off a can of Blue Diamond almonds. The packages used to be see-through but now you can't. We got a few that were moldy, so keep your receipt. The mold is probably because it isn't douched with too many chemicals.

im gonna try it if i dont like it im sending you a bill

Interesting. I prefer my own beef jerkey that my dad makes and taught me. Got a dehydrator originally for the dogs, but we use it for certain snacks. Love teriyaki pepper jerkey

Interesting. I prefer my own beef jerkey that my dad makes and taught me. Got a dehydrator originally for the dogs, but we use it for certain snacks. Love teriyaki pepper jerkey
All I'm saying is... There is nothing that comes close to biltong, droewors, kudu sticks... Biltong is biltong and jerky is jerky.

Very very different.

I’ll take a bag.

Thanks bro lol

Your recipe contains sugar? I bet the teriyaki one has several grams per serving.

Back