• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Carb Smart/Keto

MillerTimeTTTF

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just curious about carb smart/Keto breads/tortillas. With dietary fiber canceling out carb. I love putting everything in a tortilla, am I still packing on unnecessary carbs? The whole dietary fiber vs carbs has me confused when keeping track

Not sure what you're asking, but fiber has calories. Usually ballpark of around 50% of that of non fiber carbs.

I never count the carbs in vegetables, if I am on a keto diet I will not eat fruit, rice, grains, etc. ....

If something has 30g carbs and 27grams fiber.... are you only counting 3 grams of carbs?
No, I already answered this above. Fiber can have up to 50% of that of non fiber carbs. This is why foods with "net" carbs often give people problems losing weight.

No, I already answered this above. Fiber can have up to 50% of that of non fiber carbs. This is why foods with "net" carbs often give people problems losing weight.
are the total calories listed wrong? or the same?

my fitness pal puts the carbs correctly looks like regardless of fiber.

Nutrition labels usually don't count them in the total calories using "net carbs" as the reason. Hence the total calories are under reported.

It's like that 647 bread. It's bullshit.
interesting mother fuckers

luckily i dont eat too many keto stuff, but keto bread, and keto tortillas here and there. not enough to mess me up but annoying ive been missing probably 75 to 200 cals.

Back