• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Are there any decent high protein snacks out there that actually have carbs?

Bloodshotben

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’m looking at those processed bullshit packaged foods like Legendary and Quest for something to throw in my backpack on long workdays. Seems like most everything caters to keto diets and has like 2 net carbs. I guess I could throw a bagel or something in my bag, but am curious if there is anything out there you guys know about that would fit the bill.

Also hello all. I’m new to the forum. Lots of good info and great people here. Glad I found this place.

Same here I will throw a quest are Robert Irvine bar n there for when I don’t have access to anything. I try to avoid them. I also buy Walmart brand fajita flavored chicken in a pouche 13 grams of protein 70 calories
Rice cakes! Bananas almonds
no expert here learning as I go and reading here.

Try Kodiak pancake mix. 1/2 cup has 37 grams of carbs
Make a few up cut up a banana and spread some peanut butter on it and you got something lol

I mix fruity pebbles protein in when I eat them pretty tasty treat.

I take a backpack to work. Plastic storage container with protein powder, shaker bottle and a few bottles of water. Easy, fast fix. Hell of a lot cheaper that store bought stuff like Fairlife. Throw some Carbo Gain in the mix and you're gold.

IML Gear Cream!
I’m getting burned out on the quest bars lately. Sometimes I pack the chocolate pudding cups if I’m looking for some carbs and energy to get through the shift.

Pouches of tuna and a sleeve of crackers, rice cakes work too. I need to actually eat something rather than drink it myself.

...but if yogurt goes bad, how would you tell.🤣
I mean, doesn't it already contain active bacteria. Does it just become hyper-active bacteria?

Btw, this was as a joke.
In 3rd world countries where yogurt was pretty much invented they make it at room temp and then do not refrigerate it as they have no refrieractors. It was a way to keep milk eible so it didn't spoil right away. Course i think they eat it in a day or 2 but 1 day shouldn't be a problem for some one with a decent digestive tract. I let mine be warm for hours when taking it to work with no issues. Other then it getting to be more of a liquid and then you just can drink it.

A roll of rice cakes. 14 of them in a roll 11g of carbs per cake.
It’s looking like rice cakes really are my best bet. Got a sleeve this morning.

Pouches of tuna and a sleeve of crackers, rice cakes work too. I need to actually eat something rather than drink it myself.
Man those have been my jam for a while, but my helper tends to bitch about the cab smelling like tuna. We are in and out of a truck all day and I feel like I either need to choose between protein farts or tuna stank for this guys sanity. He is a good worker, so I want to have mercy on him lol.

Those Mediterranean Tuna packs are bomb.
Karbolyn and Casein would be helpful. Hard getting in real meals working 12-16 hrs a day.
Wont go bad, there in powder form.
I’m gonna have to look into Karbolyn. Thanks for the tip!

Try Kodiak pancake mix. 1/2 cup has 37 grams of carbs
Make a few up cut up a banana and spread some peanut butter on it and you got something lol

I mix fruity pebbles protein in when I eat them pretty tasty treat.
Damn man that does sound like a good idea. Kinda reminds me of jail for some reason.

These are ok. Plenty of protein and carbs but the sugar content ain't the best. 25gms of sugar.

81ag5kDlgmL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

These are ok. Plenty of protein and carbs but the sugar content ain't the best. 25gms of sugar.

View attachment 123599

I’ve seen them around. Should probably check them out. I’ve been into those little candy bar type things called “Barbells” but they aren’t great either in that department.
It’s frustrating because all the tasty looking shit that would be easy to carry and not go bad are all low carb. Hell I was looking at some of those protein chips the other day and even those fuckers were keto friendly. Never mind the outrageous price for a bag of chips.

The big issue I’m having is that I’m on Tirzepatide, and it’s hard to get calories at all. I’m at least somewhat hitting my protein goal (at least what Cronometer calculated) but damn it’s hard to get the carbs in. I probably have another month to get down to the goal weight and have an appetite again, so it won’t be as much of an issue at that point.

Been thinking about getting some potato starch or something to throw in a shake. Probably not the best option for it, but I’m running out of ideas.

I take a backpack to work. Plastic storage container with protein powder, shaker bottle and a few bottles of water. Easy, fast fix. Hell of a lot cheaper that store bought stuff like Fairlife. Throw some Carbo Gain in the mix and you're gold.

Damn I completely skipped over this comment. Carbo gain is exactly what I need. Thanks for the tip

Back