Corona Panic Poll

View Poll Results: What's your panic level?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corona is BS. We're being played.

21 44.68%
  • Panic! We're all doomed. DoooOOOooooomed!

2 4.26%
  • I'm neutral. This could go either way.

25 53.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    NY. Over 37000 confirmed cases.... 385 dead... .01 percent.....
    Yet the majority are living in panic and fear. Good job media of creating a hostile, fearful world to live in...
    A day ago you posted that NY had 15200 confirmed cases and 112 or so dead and now confirmed has doubled and deaths have tripled, thats just in NY. While Im not saying people should panic, but do you not see the reason for concern?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconeSack View Post
    A day ago you posted that NY had 15200 confirmed cases and 112 or so dead and now confirmed has doubled and deaths have tripled, thats just in NY. While Im not saying people should panic, but do you not see the reason for concern?

Nope. More testing more positive results which will result in more deaths. The percentage rate of deaths isn't high enough to cause concern in my eyes..

Look at it this way.. if I told you there will be a virus that 80% of people will get.. but it has a 98% survival rate.. how concerned would you be??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points

Nope. More testing more positive results which will result in more deaths. The percentage rate of deaths isn't high enough to cause concern in my eyes..

Look at it this way.. if I told you there will be a virus that 80% of people will get.. but it has a 98% survival rate.. how concerned would you be??
    The concern isn't just for the people that will die due to this virus. Its for the people that die from a treatable illness that could not get medical treatment because hospitals are full. Which from my understanding is happening in NY now.

If your purely looking at this from a numbers stand point and taking emotion out of it yeah 2 percent of the US population in a whole is small. Now if you take that 2 percent and localize to just 1 or 2 states your talking about wiping out the entire state.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconeSack View Post
    The concern isn't just for the people that will die due to this virus. Its for the people that die from a treatable illness that could not get medical treatment because hospitals are full. Which from my understanding is happening in NY now.

If your purely looking at this from a numbers stand point and taking emotion out of it yeah 2 percent of the US population in a whole is small. Now if you take that 2 percent and localize to just 1 or 2 states your talking about wiping out the entire state.

I highly doubt if your in need of treatable medical care that you will be denied treatment to save your life If the hospital is full. I'm sure they will transfer people around to make room for people.

If your a person who's immune system is lacking I can understand some concern. But it shouldn't be any different that any other day. People are nasty and don't wash hands or cough into their elbow etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,819 Posts
    Rep Points

Theyíre shipping them from the city to upstate hospitals now to relieve the strain on these overwhelmed hospitals....

which means, theyíre spreading this virus on purpose, regardless of why theyíre doing it, the numbers will get larger because those of us who wouldnít come in contact with it will now most certainly come in contact with it.

Cuomo for the win! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm in a fairly rural area and we've got over 1% of the death toll for the whole damn country. I'm not panicking because panic is a mostly useless emotion, imo. But I'm not living life normally nor minimizing this thing. I'll be fine but I'm doing everything I can to make sure my family stays safe. I think we should lock it down for a couple of weeks to at least slow it down. Yea, it'll fuck our economy but I value human life over dollars. I'm very much a gambler and risk taker but I'm thinking fold here and play this one safe for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

The city I work in is overwhelmed from a medical standpoint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

I'm not panicking, but, I'm not looking forward to getting it either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

i think im alright my wife is a bit worried since she is 10 weeks out from delivering my second child......people are in panic mode and cant find ass paper and when im about to hit the gym after a few months out shit hits the fan plus no barbershops and gyms are open where i live

- - - Updated - - -

i think im alright my wife is a bit worried since she is 10 weeks out from delivering my second child......people are in panic mode and cant find ass paper
    Last edited by Rgc_muscle; 03-27-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,819 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zwhit View Post
    I'm in a fairly rural area and we've got over 1% of the death toll for the whole damn country. I'm not panicking because panic is a mostly useless emotion, imo. But I'm not living life normally nor minimizing this thing. I'll be fine but I'm doing everything I can to make sure my family stays safe. I think we should lock it down for a couple of weeks to at least slow it down. Yea, it'll fuck our economy but I value human life over dollars. I'm very much a gambler and risk taker but I'm thinking fold here and play this one safe for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

The city I work in is overwhelmed from a medical standpoint.
    I think I want you in my milita ... so far itís just me, Mighty Mouse,
    (the real Mighty Mouse) and my German Shepherd husky dog, and my son, turns out heís a total bad ass... went trail riding with him on the atv then starting digging my ditch out before the spring rain comes cuz itíll fuck my driveway up and he grabbed a shovel. Bro was busting his ass he says ďdad I havenít work this hard since I donít know whenĒ I said boy, get used to it cuz life donít get easier, least not for us. He says ďim already used to it, my back hurts like a son of a gunĒ hahaha

yea anyways

militia time

pm me and Iíll mail you an application (for anyone thatís interested in re inventing the steeel brotherrrrrrrrsssss)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Rep Points

NY. Over 37000 confirmed cases.... 385 dead... .01 percent.....
    Yet the majority are living in panic and fear. Good job media of creating a hostile, fearful world to live in...
    You're off by 100x on the percent. It's a bit over 1% now, or 1 of every 100.

Today's numbers are 45,000 and 500. It's the exponential growth rate that is the main concern, and somehow that appears to be getting ignored by right wing media. Not sure why.

That's actually a horrible scenario. Just do the math for the country: 80% of 330 million US population would be ~260 million. With a 2% fatality rate... that's over 5 million.

Everyone would be losing *someone* they knew, family or friends... maybe several. Who're you willing to have die?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post

Today's numbers are 45,000 and 500. It's the exponential growth rate that is the main concern, and somehow that appears to be getting ignored by right wing media. Not sure why.

That's actually a horrible scenario. Just do the math for the country: 80% of 330 million US population would be ~260 million. With a 2% fatality rate... that's over 5 million.

Everyone would be losing *someone* they knew, family or friends... maybe several. Who're you willing to have die?
    Wow when u put it like that that's horrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post

Cdc numbers I just checked
    Since January 21 2020
    85, 356 confirmed/presumed cases
    1,246 fatalities
    Out of a country that has 330 million people why has this nation been thrown into such a panic? In your scenario 99 live to 1 dies. I don't get the panic level. Concern for those with medical issues yes but the rest of the population not at all.

We all will die of something. Death is apart of life. When we are born we start dieing. Am I going to live in panic of a virus that's not deadly to the majority of people. Not a chance and I would be wasting my time,energy to worry over this. Worrying produces zero results and gives birth to everything negative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    I think I want you in my milita ... so far itís just me, Mighty Mouse,
    (the real Mighty Mouse) and my German Shepherd husky dog, and my son, turns out heís a total bad ass... went trail riding with him on the atv then starting digging my ditch out before the spring rain comes cuz itíll fuck my driveway up and he grabbed a shovel. Bro was busting his ass he says ďdad I havenít work this hard since I donít know whenĒ I said boy, get used to it cuz life donít get easier, least not for us. He says ďim already used to it, my back hurts like a son of a gunĒ hahaha

yea anyways

militia time

pm me and Iíll mail you an application (for anyone thatís interested in re inventing the steeel brotherrrrrrrrsssss)
    Hell yea. Sounds like raising him right to me. I always wonder if I'm doing it right myself.

But I'm down af for the militia. My oldest boy is a fucking sniper too. I just shake my head when we shoot because his groups are always tighter than mine and he's only 7. Son of a bitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

When the numbers take a 180, then I'll be concerned. As of now, the regular flue has killed 90% more people the the Corona virus. Plus, I worked 10 months out of every year between 2002 till 2016 in the worst shit holes in the middle east (15+ countries), so if that didn't kill me, this shit wont.