• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

KILLONB12 Journey to Nationals with EP

Get Shredded!
A few pics from our balcony!

66d3525779b102936a406c207c9080e2.jpg

e7ce9c4d227abcfd48e70e772e79eb9c.jpg

f85b7be103a82207345d814b8651cfa5.jpg

058f3cd19c37495023ba8ec1f8ae4efc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from vacation. Glad to be back and get back to my routine. Splurged a little more than I wanted too but weather wasn’t cooperating so we decided to go out to eat more than what we wanted. We had a full kitchen so we prepped a lot of our food for most meals. Oh well shouldn’t take much to get back on track. Will get back to logging tomorrow. Hope all is well!!

IML Gear Cream!
90b872cd6b3e2180b0a0ad0e0ce6a480.plist

3da91cd428a993808d40a5a5cff9eba1.jpg

Having some good food for you Killion!!

Max

Unsponsored PSL log - journey to stage

90b872cd6b3e2180b0a0ad0e0ce6a480.plist

3da91cd428a993808d40a5a5cff9eba1.jpg

Having some good food for you Killion!!

Max

Dang! That looks amazing! I must have miss something but you have to be a chef or something!! That spread looks perfect!!

Last edited:
First workout after vacation went pretty well. Get pretty strong but didn’t have a good stamina which I expected after being out of routine for a week. Overall felt good about my leg day 2 workout.

7-27-20 leg day 2

Hack squats 10 plates - 11, 10, 10

Seated Calf raises 200lbs - 15, 15, 12

Leg presses 18 plates - 10, 10

Adductors 290lbs - 12, 12, 12

Standing calf raises 135lbs - 12, 10, 10

Leg ext 215lbs - 12, 11, 10

Dang! That looks amazing! I must have miss something but you have to be a chef or something!! That spread looks perfect!!

Had some help from family. It was quite the spread!! So good!

Max

Had a good push day today. I’m really starting to see the progress after transitioning to a push pull leg split two times a week. Weight has continued to slowly go up from my contest and I’m liking what I see so far. I’m bigger and leaner than what I was when I started last offseason which is encouraging. I’m hoping this offseason I can really bring up my weak spots and bring an even better package to nationals next year.

7-30-20 push day 2

HS decline press 6 plates 2 25s - 12, 10

Smith shoulder press 185lbs - 12, 10, 10

Pec deck 180lbs - 12, 12, 10

Skull crushers 100lbs - 10, 10

Superset
Face pulls 50lbs - 12, 10, 10, 10,
Push-ups - 25, 20, 20

Great to see you had a nice vacation and in the pics you kept some decent size...bet you could get on stage right now and win again lol.

Great to see you had a nice vacation and in the pics you kept some decent size...bet you could get on stage right now and win again lol.

Haha well I would probably need 4-6 weeks to cut back down but thanks!! I’m at 250lbs so 13lbs overweight for contest. LOL

Had a good push day today. I’m really starting to see the progress after transitioning to a push pull leg split two times a week. Weight has continued to slowly go up from my contest and I’m liking what I see so far. I’m bigger and leaner than what I was when I started last offseason which is encouraging. I’m hoping this offseason I can really bring up my weak spots and bring an even better package to nationals next year.

7-30-20 push day 2

HS decline press 6 plates 2 25s - 12, 10

Smith shoulder press 185lbs - 12, 10, 10

Pec deck 180lbs - 12, 12, 10

Skull crushers 100lbs - 10, 10

Superset
Face pulls 50lbs - 12, 10, 10, 10,
Push-ups - 25, 20, 20

Great post.. I was looking for this one to see what you had to say about gaining after your contest. Guys swear they get fuller,stronger and leaner after shows with making great progress, especially areas that they may have lacked prior to the show.
Great feedback here, people are learning and taking notes.:twothumbs:

Well I had a pretty interesting weekend with moving my son moving back In before he moves back to college. Weekend was long and ate like shit. Have to get back on track now this week. I have found myself giving in a lot to going out to eat lately. It’s something that I have struggled with internally after my competition. Kind of having issues with food. I know it’s in my head and I just need to get back on track. I have big goals for next year competing at a national level so I don’t want poor choices with food to set me back. Time to get back on the grind!!

Great post.. I was looking for this one to see what you had to say about gaining after your contest. Guys swear they get fuller,stronger and leaner after shows with making great progress, especially areas that they may have lacked prior to the show.
Great feedback here, people are learning and taking notes.:twothumbs:

Thanks brotha! Kind of had a rough few days with food but nothing I can’t come back from. It’s too easy to indulge after competition because you are in such great condition that you think it’s no big deal and I can recover from it. At some point it starts to become fat and I know I need to get a handle on that quickly before it becomes a problem. Back to the grind!!

Get Shredded!
Well I had a pretty interesting weekend with moving my son moving back In before he moves back to college. Weekend was long and ate like shit. Have to get back on track now this week. I have found myself giving in a lot to going out to eat lately. It’s something that I have struggled with internally after my competition. Kind of having issues with food. I know it’s in my head and I just need to get back on track. I have big goals for next year competing at a national level so I don’t want poor choices with food to set me back. Time to get back on the grind!!

Best thing to do is: Hit the stores and spend a lot of money on cuts of meat and your favorite carbs sources(rice/potatoes) and buy a bunch of zip lock baggies for serving size portions.
After I spend all my food budget $$, then it makes people avoid eating out. Just a Max Tip!

Max

Best thing to do is: Hit the stores and spend a lot of money on cuts of meat and your favorite carbs sources(rice/potatoes) and buy a bunch of zip lock baggies for serving size portions.
After I spend all my food budget $$, then it makes people avoid eating out. Just a Max Tip!

Max

Thanks Max! I typically prep for many days but we have been traveling a lot and with vacation i have been off a little. No worries though it’s back to the grind! I have spent so much money these past few weeks on going out to eat that my pocket book says no more!! LOL, don’t like my checking account going below a certain amount and definitely not getting into savings! LOL

Thanks Max! I typically prep for many days but we have been traveling a lot and with vacation i have been off a little. No worries though it’s back to the grind! I have spent so much money these past few weeks on going out to eat that my pocket book says no more!! LOL, don’t like my checking account going below a certain amount and definitely not getting into savings! LOL

I completely understand. I definitely have been spending waaaay too much lately getting my own gym built up. I cannot believe the prices; I’m about ready to come out with my own tower rack and rubber coated bumper plates and sell it on line. JC! It is a phase but; I have been making the best of it.

Max

I completely understand. I definitely have been spending waaaay too much lately getting my own gym built up. I cannot believe the prices; I’m about ready to come out with my own tower rack and rubber coated bumper plates and sell it on line. JC! It is a phase but; I have been making the best of it.

Max

Haha nice man. Yeah that stuff ain’t cheap. It will be awesome I’m sure. I’m about to do the same if this covid shit gets worse. I have a whole unfinished basement I can fill up.

Had a great pull session today. Got to lift with my son for the first time in awhile so that was nice. Getting stronger every week and more confident in my lifts. Pulled 5 plates on each side for rack pulls which I haven’t done since last offseason.

8-3-20 pull day 2

3 sets of pull ups for warming up back

Rack pulls 455lbs - 12 reps
495lbs - 10, 8 reps

Hammer curls 60lbs - 10, 10, 8, 8

HS iso rows 6 plates 2 25s - 12, 10 reps
Backoff set 6 plates - 13 reps

Cable curls 35lbs - 12, 10, 10 reps

Cable rows 240lbs - 10, 10 reps
Drop set 195lbs - 8 reps
Drop set 165lbs - 6 reps

Nice, Rack Pulls are one of my go to exercises when I plateau on dead lifts. Somehow; that and weighted pull-ups/chin-ups break me through it after a few sessions.

Max

Nice, Rack Pulls are one of my go to exercises when I plateau on dead lifts. Somehow; that and weighted pull-ups/chin-ups break me through it after a few sessions.

Max

Yeah I love me some rack pulls! My deadlifts have definitely benefited from them.

How long has your boy been lifting? Is he interested in following in your footsteps?

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, the Swolle Life Chose Me ~ Wesley Swolle

Yeah I love me some rack pulls! My deadlifts have definitely benefited from them.

Hells Yeah! I am imagining doing them soon

Max

How long has your boy been lifting? Is he interested in following in your footsteps?

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, the Swolle Life Chose Me ~ Wesley Swolle

He started lifting his freshman year in high school but didn’t get serious until his junior year for basketball. He is tall at 6’6 so he was really skinny at first and struggled with contact when down low playing on the block and rebounding. I got him eating and lifting correctly the summer before his junior year. He put on 30lbs in two years and ended up with a scholarship to play ball. He has since stopped playing and now just does bodybuilding. He walks around 250lbs now and is contemplating competing probably in the next year or so. He wants to put on some more LBM before he competes. He is only 19 years old by the way.

Back