Makeshift at home gym equipment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Earth ��
    Posts
    5,361

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    909
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,055
    Thanked in
    1,946 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Makeshift at home gym equipment

    Well gym equipment as we know is extremely expensive lol so after investing about 1k I still donít have nearly what Iíd like to have.
    Letís here some ideas here. So far Iím going to get 2 five gallon buckets and fill them with water to use. Iím trying to figure out a way to make a bench to be able to lay on and do bench press. I was thinking getting some lumber from Loweís maybe and just laying it on the ground to give myself enough room to be able to break 90 while doing bench press. Letís here what ideas you may have that can be useful at this time that wonít break the bank like actual gym equipment.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    TripleOvertime's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,025

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,192
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,802
    Thanked in
    1,810 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    5 gallon bucket with handle. Fill with water. Wrist curls that fricking hurt.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    chicagosterone's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,958

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    812
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    686
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    FUCK..they closed my gym till April... looks like it's time to dig out the ole preacher curl bar.. dumbbells.. and bench press from the barn...I bought a dead lift hex bar about ayear ago... great purchase for under $100...

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    drealdeal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,970

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,416
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,757
    Thanked in
    1,288 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Oh my bad I didn't realize there was a thread up already
    Screenshot_20200317-103854_Instagram.jpg

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    chicagosterone's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,958

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    812
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    686
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by drealdeal View Post
    Oh my bad I didn't realize there was a thread up already
    Screenshot_20200317-103854_Instagram.jpg
    I cannot believe this shit man... I'm just about to peak and goo straight breast mode... and now i gotta scrap together my workouts .... it'll be interesting to see how I'm going to vary my exercises.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    drealdeal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,970

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,416
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,757
    Thanked in
    1,288 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagosterone View Post
    I cannot believe this shit man... I'm just about to peak and goo straight breast mode... and now i gotta scrap together my workouts .... it'll be interesting to see how I'm going to vary my exercises.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Same bro I'm a week into potentially my best tren run ever annnd boom. Dunno if I should just run trt or try to make the most of it. Also should we even be cycling rite now ? It does lower immunity.
    Fuggn a . I will say I haven't heard any virtue signaling/ social justice warrior rants as of late.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Lathe Crasher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    583

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    140
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    516
    Thanked in
    269 Posts
    Rep Points
    2021745689

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagosterone View Post
    I cannot believe this shit man... I'm just about to peak and goo straight breast mode... and now i gotta scrap together my workouts .... it'll be interesting to see how I'm going to vary my exercises.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Going in to week 7 and got the email from the gym today. Bummer but dudes in the joint pull it off, so can I. Whereís our former inmates with some ideas?

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    bigbeef1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    far far away
    Posts
    473

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    258
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Rep Points
    214994664

    i was midway through my workout and feeling the best i have ever felt!! I started noticing that it is an addiction to me. The biggest problem for me is that i have a very stressful job and the gym was the only thing that kept me from going insane. What am i suppose to do now??

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    drealdeal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,970

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,416
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,757
    Thanked in
    1,288 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbeef1 View Post
    i was midway through my workout and feeling the best i have ever felt!! I started noticing that it is an addiction to me. The biggest problem for me is that i have a very stressful job and the gym was the only thing that kept me from going insane. What am i suppose to do now??
    Same. Training is my center my balance....and I like to see chicks in yoga pants.

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Rot-Iron66's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New England
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,433

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    25
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    568
    Thanked in
    362 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Always been a home gym addict (with a commercial membership as an add-on). The more retards show up in gyms these days, the more I hate them (commercial gyms).
    (Always loved barbells / dumbbells over machines, though I do like a few). (Dinosaur).

    Missing no workouts, these days...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    custom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,065

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,832
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,332
    Thanked in
    3,447 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    Well gym equipment as we know is extremely expensive lol so after investing about 1k I still donít have nearly what Iíd like to have.
    Letís here some ideas here. So far Iím going to get 2 five gallon buckets and fill them with water to use. Iím trying to figure out a way to make a bench to be able to lay on and do bench press. I was thinking getting some lumber from Loweís maybe and just laying it on the ground to give myself enough room to be able to break 90 while doing bench press. Letís here what ideas you may have that can be useful at this time that wonít break the bank like actual gym equipment.
    Cracked stone instead of water

  12. #12
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Earth ��
    Posts
    5,361

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    909
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,055
    Thanked in
    1,946 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Cracked stone instead of water
    Sand also isnít a bad option at all

  13. #13
    Senior Member

    chicagosterone's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,958

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    812
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    686
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
    Always been a home gym addict (with a commercial membership as an add-on). The more retards show up in gyms these days, the more I hate them (commercial gyms).
    (Always loved barbells / dumbbells over machines, though I do like a few). (Dinosaur).

    Missing no workouts, these days...
    Sweet set up... all you need right there.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    MGM's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    459

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    282
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    349
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Rep Points
    11201866

    Quote Originally Posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
    Always been a home gym addict (with a commercial membership as an add-on). The more retards show up in gyms these days, the more I hate them (commercial gyms).
    (Always loved barbells / dumbbells over machines, though I do like a few). (Dinosaur).

    Missing no workouts, these days...
    Very fucking nice bro

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    BallsMahoney's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Merrica!
    Posts
    412

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Rep Points
    2021287507

    Quote Originally Posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
    Always been a home gym addict (with a commercial membership as an add-on). The more retards show up in gyms these days, the more I hate them (commercial gyms).
    (Always loved barbells / dumbbells over machines, though I do like a few). (Dinosaur).

    Missing no workouts, these days...
    Nice garage gym bro! I have a VERY similar setup in my basement. I hate going to commercial gyms now too. Arm curls in the squat rack all day long!!!!

    Took me a couple years to complete it all. I just lurked around Craigslist and bought everything used for dirt cheap. If you look long enough, you can really find some nice equipment.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-23-2020, 05:51 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2018, 02:40 PM
  3. Site to buy home crew equipment
    By NattyAsGraham in forum Research & Homebrew Chemistry
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 10:13 AM
  4. home gym equipment
    By heckler7 in forum The Pit
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-28-2016, 04:04 AM
  5. Equipment name?
    By mondtster in forum Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 08:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2020 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums