SUK Gold Hulu and Red Bali Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,888 Posts
    Rep Points

SUK Gold Hulu and Red Bali Review

I wanted to give thanks to Mace and the SUK team for offering me product to run a log on. Timing was a bit of an issue for me though to run a log and I am flush with kratom right now, so I declined the free samples. I did want to leave a review of the products though, as I'm a firm believer in them. Plus it doesn't look like I'm shilling for free samples that way.

The gold is exactly what you've come to expect from an SUK yellow. Good mental clarity and focus, with a mild "feel good" sense of "let's get this done and enjoy doing it". I like to use 4-5g after work to put me in a good frame of mind for workouts. On the weekends, I like to low dose it (1g) throughout the day in coffee. It makes for some productive weekends and you don't get that feeling of "I'm wasting my days off". The gold hulu mixes well and has a minimal taste, so it doesn't taint the flavor of beverages too much.

The red bali is also typical of SUK reds. Great pain relief and a nice pre bedtime ritual. Kratom doesn't knock me out like it does some, but it definitely gets you relaxed and ready for bed. I struggle with insomnia and it works wonders. I have a pretty high tolerance to the reds, so I typically use 8-10g with grapefruit juice. I now sleep through the night most nights. I still use otc sleep meds, but this is where the red really shines. It works great as a combo with sleep aids or ibuprofen for pain relief. Having said all that, 2g knocks the mizzus out. It has also relieved her arthritis and she only doses once a day 2g before bed. For me, doms are a thing of the past. As far as flavor and mix-ability goes, the red has an interesting note of what I can only describe as "camp fire". Sort of like if you dropped your hotdog in the fire and quickly retrieved it. The only downside it has, it is probably the least mixable of all the strains. I like to throw my kratom in a shaker cup with grapefruit juice, but this stuff gets a huge head on it. Toss and wash is the best method I've found for the red bali. Don't get me wrong...I still like it and have reordered it a few times. Just something to be aware of if you prefer mixing it.

I've literally used all the SUK strains and have not been disappointed. Kratom effect is very much up to the individual using it. Different people will respond differently and to what extent those effects have. If I could only use two, it would definitely be reds and yellows. It pays to try out the different strains and see how well they work for you.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    757 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    I wanted to give thanks to Mace and the SUK team for offering me product to run a log on. Timing was a bit of an issue for me though to run a log and I am flush with kratom right now, so I declined the free samples. I did want to leave a review of the products though, as I'm a firm believer in them. Plus it doesn't look like I'm shilling for free samples that way.

The gold is exactly what you've come to expect from an SUK yellow. Good mental clarity and focus, with a mild "feel good" sense of "let's get this done and enjoy doing it". I like to use 4-5g after work to put me in a good frame of mind for workouts. On the weekends, I like to low dose it (1g) throughout the day in coffee. It makes for some productive weekends and you don't get that feeling of "I'm wasting my days off". The gold hulu mixes well and has a minimal taste, so it doesn't taint the flavor of beverages too much.

The red bali is also typical of SUK reds. Great pain relief and a nice pre bedtime ritual. Kratom doesn't knock me out like it does some, but it definitely gets you relaxed and ready for bed. I struggle with insomnia and it works wonders. I have a pretty high tolerance to the reds, so I typically use 8-10g with grapefruit juice. I now sleep through the night most nights. I still use otc sleep meds, but this is where the red really shines. It works great as a combo with sleep aids or ibuprofen for pain relief. Having said all that, 2g knocks the mizzus out. It has also relieved her arthritis and she only doses once a day 2g before bed. For me, doms are a thing of the past. As far as flavor and mix-ability goes, the red has an interesting note of what I can only describe as "camp fire". Sort of like if you dropped your hotdog in the fire and quickly retrieved it. The only downside it has, it is probably the least mixable of all the strains. I like to throw my kratom in a shaker cup with grapefruit juice, but this stuff gets a huge head on it. Toss and wash is the best method I've found for the red bali. Don't get me wrong...I still like it and have reordered it a few times. Just something to be aware of if you prefer mixing it.

I've literally used all the SUK strains and have not been disappointed. Kratom effect is very much up to the individual using it. Different people will respond differently and to what extent those effects have. If I could only use two, it would definitely be reds and yellows. It pays to try out the different strains and see how well they work for you.
    Multi thank you for the great review..
    Love me some yellow and red!!
    Yellow is very under rated. And red is my fav.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    863 Posts
    Rep Points

Excellent review, thank you.

Red and Yellow mix is nice during the day if you get a chance to try it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Rep Points

NICE bro.!! Thanks for the review. I have some SuK Old Forest Dark Red on the way I'm excited about. Your review was great man. I have used SuK products since they started and still do. ALWAYS top quality and switching up with colors has kept my tolerance in check. I was given free samples 2 times from a local buddy vendor also Tried some 50x Black Resin and oz of Red and sample packs from a popular online store and needless to say my orders for kilos that I know I can count on always use SuK. Consumption has lowered but the products are still effective and top quality. Take it FWIW SuK is a great shop. Glad u enjoy MultiS.!!