• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Quick, convenient way to get your post-workout carbs in :)

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This is what I've been doing for the past few years. This might not be "groundbreaking" but it is useful and some may not have thought of this. Very convenient as you can just sip it down with your shake. Yes I'm aware they sell whey supplements already mixed with oats but you pay a stupid amount extra just for added oats. Totally not worth it and they barely put any oats in it.

Anyways you'll need one of these
($15 at Walmart). It's called a spice grinder or some brands label it as a coffee grinder. Both exactly the same product. This thing grinds at a super high rpm and turns anything you put in it into fine powder.

9a0f0b6ea288b1aa875d6cacddfaf207.jpg
ea866100f0efa8468cdcac75e68c0aaa.jpg

Simply add your oats, cover, and hold the grind button until all the oats are ground into a fine powder and you no longer hear them screaming. It's good to pick it up and shake it while you're grinding because sometimes the oats that start off below the blade get trapped down there and don't get ground. It can hold about 1 cup of oats (30g carbs). You can grind a second batch if you want to add more but I wouldn't recommend it as it takes up a lot of space in your shaker bottle and can be difficult to drink as oats don't dissolve in liquid like whey does.
And voilà you have finely ground oat powder.

9dc6d4a130cf6ef47658cec5705cfa15.jpg

Simply add to your protein shake and drink during or after your workout to aid in recovery and glycogen replenishment.

9b7931904500880928ee6f5555dcb6a7.jpg

however, I prefer rice cream rather than oats.

don't you use it?
​I've honestly never heard of rice cream until now. I'm not sure how well it would work as I drink my shakes while I lift and just add water from the fountain.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for posting very good idea. Never crossed my dumb ass mind!
​Don't be so hard on yourself. Only took me like 10 years to think of this lol.

​I've honestly never heard of rice cream until now. I'm not sure how well it would work as I drink my shakes while I lift and just add water from the fountain.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]it works great, just add water (protein, creatine and so on... if you want) and mix.
It absorbs a lot, so it takes a little more water than normal, but it is also good because the more you drink the better it is.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
for example I take this
https://www.amazon.com/Mellin-Crema...ds=mellin+crema+di+riso&qid=1584004704&sr=8-1[/FONT]
well, here the cost is not so high, but to try only once...[/FONT]
See also the nutrition facts, pure carbo ... not like gainers[/FONT]

I'll tell you even more.. you know you can trust me :)

cook it together with the egg white, as if it were a pancake.

and thanks me later

easy post workout snack for me is a protein shake and 1/2 cup to 1 cup jasmine rice microwaveable pouch and 1tbsp honey mix together

IML Gear Cream!
It can hold about 1 cup of oats (30g carbs).

Thanks for sharing this. I already do something similar, but I wanted to point out that Quaker Old Fashioned Oats are 27 grams of carbohydrates to half a cup, meaning a cup is 54 grams.

Been doing this for years now... wifey made me buy a different grinder, have three now. I actually save the old oats container and grind a whole container and put in the old with a scooper that pre measures for shakes.

Back