• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How much more volume on cycle to off cycle?

Kayde2638

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Was just wondering how you guys change your training to maximize growth while on cycle. Do you just slowly add volume until you have trouble recovering or do you switch programs completely? I was thinking about doing the slowly add approach myself just to avoid joint injuries. Thoughts?

I'm actually more aware and more cautious ON cycle. Your muscles might heal a bit faster but those tendons and ligaments are still playing catch-up and prone to injury.

If I change anything it's the rate at which I add weight. You can increase fractional weights almost daily however your weekly average (volume) is steadily increasing at a much faster rate than OFF cycle. I also make sure my higher rep sets aren't too heavy as I'm putting undue stress on the ligaments over far too many reps. Save the beast mode for the 5x5 sets or similar. Those 3x10-12 sets just need to focus on form and TUT (time under tension).

But, that's just me...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

John Meadows and Fouad Abiad just did a training video together on YouTube where they talk about this. I suggest watching it

I think personally this thought process is flawed. I can go all out while on cycle but while off cycle I need to limit my workouts to a certain amount is basically what I’m hearing. It seems the same guys who train like this are the same guys who lose all of their gains from a cycle and after pct are at best back to where they were before they blasted.

I think personally this thought process is flawed. I can go all out while on cycle but while off cycle I need to limit my workouts to a certain amount is basically what I’m hearing. It seems the same guys who train like this are the same guys who lose all of their gains from a cycle and after pct are at best back to where they were before they blasted.
I don't think that's the way it should be. The intensity should be the same on or off, same progressive overload principals. The overall volume should probably be a little lower because of the slower recovery of being natural. Natural lifters just can't recover from the same amount of volume that enhanced guys can, period. But the intensity should be the same.

Watch this video with Meadows and Fouad. John discusses the volume issue with natural lifters toward the end. I take his word for it, there's not many out there as knowledgeable as him.

https://youtu.be/OCegG0waZZM

Thanks for the input. I have had wrist pain before and had to drop volume so i'm going to be pretty cautious this time around and really focus on form and tut

I'm on trt so dont have to worry too much about losing gains during pct. Either way i'm trying to avoid aggravating some old injuries i have. I get what you're saying but if i injure myself and have to deload or take a week off isnt that more counter productive than just dropping the volume on some accessory lifts?

I had the samething with my wrists. I picked up some wrist wraps and it took it down a notch. I think the tren dried mine out a little from my last cycle. I just cruised from at 225 mgs test per week for 6 weeks. Next blast starts Friday.😁🤘 I lost some weight and some strength. Mostly water I believe. First week of cycle I dropped down to 180 lbs. At the end of 14 weeks I was up 32 lbs to 212 lbs. Did Clen the last 2 weeks and dropped down to 207. Muscles didnt feel as full but creatine and arginine helped a little with that. I cant wait for Friday! First time trying Anadrol and Deca. So pumped!!! I'm also 37 years old and am on TRT. Next cruise I'm going to run 200 mgs test 200 mgs deca.

Back