Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,107 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Boxing is great. A true art. And conditioning at the next level.

but as far as functionality, a boxer will only beat another boxer in the real world (unless itís a sucker punch during the initial phase of the fight, ya know the mouth running phase)

so, if you want to see who the better fighter is, it should be an actual street fight. Thatís my take...

you wonít see anybody take time to put on gloves and dance around all nimbly bimbly in a bar fight, unless youíre at one of them Ďspecialí bars (for gays).

thereís always exceptions to the rules, but a boxer typically has no knock out power on his back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,746 Posts
    Rep Points

If itís mma Iíd watch it but boxing is just a joke these days. Boxing is maybe one step above professional wrestling which how rigged and bs it is now not to mention I donít really care to watch some 140lb dudes soaking wet boxing. Heavyweight fights back in the day were amazing now all the best boxers are small ass dudes who would probably get destroyed in a real amateur mma fighters or street fighters. Floyd Mayweather walks into the room I think man this little guy is what everyone is raving about? Mike Tyson in his prime walks into the room and I think let me not piss this guy off lol

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    704 Posts
    Rep Points

but as far as functionality, a boxer will only beat another boxer in the real world (unless itís a sucker punch during the initial phase of the fight, ya know the mouth running phase)

so, if you want to see who the better fighter is, it should be an actual street fight. Thatís my take...

you wonít see anybody take time to put on gloves and dance around all nimbly bimbly in a bar fight, unless youíre at one of them Ďspecialí bars (for gays).

thereís always exceptions to the rules, but a boxer typically has no knock out power on his back.
    Definite up vote for nimbly bimbly

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    If itís mma Iíd watch it but boxing is just a joke these days. Boxing is maybe one step above professional wrestling which how rigged and bs it is now not to mention I donít really care to watch some 140lb dudes soaking wet boxing. Heavyweight fights back in the day were amazing now all the best boxers are small ass dudes who would probably get destroyed in a real amateur mma fighters or street fighters. Floyd Mayweather walks into the room I think man this little guy is what everyone is raving about? Mike Tyson in his prime walks into the room and I think let me not piss this guy off lol
    Tyson " was " an animal -Floyd is a boxer ~

SOCIAL JUSTICE MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    519 Posts
    Rep Points

Tyson would have been an animal in mma or whatever he chose to do so long as he has the right team that has his back. He just needed guidance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,396 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    I agree with both of these. I think Mayweather isn't very exciting to watch. He's a good dancer. I know his record is amazing as far as records go but watching defensive boxing is like watching an MMA fight where both guys are afraid of each other and try to score points.

I guess the moral of the story for me is that it just doesn't tickle my pickle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rep Points

No - I wouldnít watch it. Sideshow trash - each man needs to fight someone worth fighting in their respective sport, no of this circus money grab shit.