Protein on the go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    20

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points
    20100

    Protein on the go

    What is your go to when you want protein on the road? I'm on the road 12hrs a day and need some suggestions.

  2. #2
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Backwoods Northwest
    Posts
    243

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Rep Points
    432587563

    I'm out of the house 12 hrs everyday too. My solution is meal prep, I pack 4 to 5 meals everyday chicken, ground turkey or hamburger, scoop of rice or sweet potatoes in each container, also pre-made breakfast burritos, greek yogurt with frozen fruit. I have access to microwave which is nice but I did without for years. I also keep a box of protein bars in my car

  3. #3
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    20

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points
    20100

    That's great being able to have something hot. I'm in my truck all day in a rural area so no microwave for me. Lol

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Oldschool's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,724

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    571
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,231
    Thanked in
    710 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I would opt for something like a Premiere Protein drink. You can get a case for around $30.

  5. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    116

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points
    450100

    Work keeps me on the road long days sometimes as well...keep a shaker with whey iso in it, just add water, also have a few protein bars on hand if needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    maxmuscle1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,073

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10,389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,526
    Thanked in
    4,163 Posts
    Rep Points
    570010692

    They have these quick dissolving paks:You just throw them in a shaker and shake. No mess. The protective layer is around the pack!

    Max

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    maxmuscle1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,073

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10,389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,526
    Thanked in
    4,163 Posts
    Rep Points
    570010692

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    They have these quick dissolving paks:You just throw them in a shaker and shake. No mess. The protective layer is around the pack!

    Max
    Walmart

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    drealdeal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,774

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,259
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,660
    Thanked in
    1,215 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I have a gym bag made for carrying multiple meals hot and cold. The brand is "sixpack bags". If I don't have it I like the Rx bars,the don't have all the nasty toxic shit that most protein bars do. Oh and I'm a bit of a sample whore...lol I ask for them when I check out at supplement stores.so bbn I have a few samples packs of protein as well
    Last edited by drealdeal; 02-16-2020 at 04:38 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,097

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    884
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    803
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    The problem I have with the protein bars I've looked at, is they're so expensive. Many of them cost $2 or more per bar. So if you eat 2 bars per day, you're looking at an extra $30 per week added to your grocery bill. I'm not exactly a miser, and I earn a pretty decent salary, but $30 per week is a pretty big piece of the pie just to have some added protein on the go in your diet. And all of the bars I've looked at either have soy in them, or are "processed in a facility which produces soy" and soy is really bad for you, unless it's among the 2% of the soy here in the USA which comes from Japan. The other 98% that's produced in the USA is like a poison according to an article that I've read.

    I know that a lot of the food we have at our local food stores is really bad for you, but if I'm going to be paying over $2 for each protein bar, then I expect it to be good for me, and clean. Just sayin' but this thread caught my attention because eating at work is a real challenge for me too as far as getting some good nutrition in me. It's definitely a weak point in my diet.
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 02-16-2020 at 05:10 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    116

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points
    450100

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    The problem I have with the protein bars I've looked at, is they're so expensive. Many of them cost $2 or more per bar. So if you eat 2 bars per day, you're looking at an extra $30 per week added to your grocery bill. I'm not exactly a miser, and I earn a pretty decent salary, but $30 per week is a pretty big piece of the pie just to have some added protein on the go in your diet. And all of the bars I've looked at either have soy in them, or are "processed in a facility which produces soy" and soy is really bad for you, unless it's among the 2% of the soy here in the USA which comes from Japan. The other 98% that's produced in the USA is like a poison according to an article that I've read.

    I know that a lot of the food we have at our local food stores is really bad for you, but if I'm going to be paying over $2 for each protein bar, then I expect it to be good for me, and clean. Just sayin' but this thread caught my attention because eating at work is a real challenge for me too as far as getting some good nutrition in me. It's definitely a weak point in my diet.
    Agreed most are junk and expensive, I actually make my own sometimes and also make ďprotein peanut butter ballsĒ. Freeze them then throw them in my meal bag when I leave in the morning


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP

    Bigjape34's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,014

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    556
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    446
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Rep Points
    15178196

    I take it to the extreme and prep all my meals with a small cooler if I know Iíll be out all day which does happen with work more often than not
    My days are always at least 12 hours if your really serious about meals Iíd suggest getting a meal prep bag and a car oven sounds corny my buddy actually has one and it works it hooks up to your car like a usb or in port for a charge and it heats up your food


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP

    Bigjape34's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,014

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    556
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    446
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Rep Points
    15178196

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjape34 View Post
    I take it to the extreme and prep all my meals with a small cooler if I know Iíll be out all day which does happen with work more often than not
    My days are always at least 12 hours if your really serious about meals Iíd suggest getting a meal prep bag and a car oven sounds corny my buddy actually has one and it works it hooks up to your car like a usb or in port for a charge and it heats up your food


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím doing some research and trying to find the beat brand as we speak haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Member

    FM19's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    33

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points
    110100

    I much rather prefer whole foods over shakes / bars ... my go to is: https://starkist.com/products/pouches ... quick and easy and no prep needed. Open and eat. I like Dave's killer bread for some quick and easy carbs that are decent.

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    drealdeal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,774

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,259
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,660
    Thanked in
    1,215 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    The problem I have with the protein bars I've looked at, is they're so expensive. Many of them cost $2 or more per bar. So if you eat 2 bars per day, you're looking at an extra $30 per week added to your grocery bill. I'm not exactly a miser, and I earn a pretty decent salary, but $30 per week is a pretty big piece of the pie just to have some added protein on the go in your diet. And all of the bars I've looked at either have soy in them, or are "processed in a facility which produces soy" and soy is really bad for you, unless it's among the 2% of the soy here in the USA which comes from Japan. The other 98% that's produced in the USA is like a poison according to an article that I've read.

    I know that a lot of the food we have at our local food stores is really bad for you, but if I'm going to be paying over $2 for each protein bar, then I expect it to be good for me, and clean. Just sayin' but this thread caught my attention because eating at work is a real challenge for me too as far as getting some good nutrition in me. It's definitely a weak point in my diet.
    Yeah bro soy is garbage. We buy mostly soy free as my daughter has a severe soy allergy (she thinks it's a punishment but has no idea how much she will benefit from a soy free diet). They are super expensive

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,097

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    884
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    803
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by drealdeal View Post
    Yeah bro soy is garbage. We buy mostly soy free as my daughter has a severe soy allergy (she thinks it's a punishment but has no idea how much she will benefit from a soy free diet). They are super expensive
    Hey bro, I didn't really want to come across here like I was calling you out, cuz you seem like a cool dude, and I know you were trying to be helpful, but those Rx bars that you mentioned, while having a simple ingredient list like you stated, also say on the bottom of the label that they're "processed in a facility that cotains...." and soy is on that list. I guess you didn't know that. I just looked it up on thier website.

    So don't really have soy as being directly added to their ingredients, but perhaps they may have residual effects of soy in them. IDK. I'm no expert on soy. I just know that it's really bad for you even if you don't have an allergy to it. Check it out man...

    https://www.rxbar.com/shop/coconut-c...box-of-12.html click on the "ingredients" tab. Here are the exact words: "Manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, soy and wheat"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2020, 10:28 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2019, 11:31 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2019, 12:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2017, 11:20 AM
  5. 10 Delicious Non-Protein Shake Ways to Use Protein Powder
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 08:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2020 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums