• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Protein on the go

B_RAD1969

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What is your go to when you want protein on the road? I'm on the road 12hrs a day and need some suggestions.

I'm out of the house 12 hrs everyday too. My solution is meal prep, I pack 4 to 5 meals everyday chicken, ground turkey or hamburger, scoop of rice or sweet potatoes in each container, also pre-made breakfast burritos, greek yogurt with frozen fruit. I have access to microwave which is nice but I did without for years. I also keep a box of protein bars in my car

That's great being able to have something hot. I'm in my truck all day in a rural area so no microwave for me. Lol

I would opt for something like a Premiere Protein drink. You can get a case for around $30.

Work keeps me on the road long days sometimes as well...keep a shaker with whey iso in it, just add water, also have a few protein bars on hand if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have these quick dissolving paks:
9600b6f4b22eac7fca4dbbfae197bd90.plist
You just throw them in a shaker and shake. No mess. The protective layer is around the pack!

Max

They have these quick dissolving paks:
9600b6f4b22eac7fca4dbbfae197bd90.plist
You just throw them in a shaker and shake. No mess. The protective layer is around the pack!

Max

Walmart

I have a gym bag made for carrying multiple meals hot and cold. The brand is "sixpack bags". If I don't have it I like the Rx bars,the don't have all the nasty toxic shit that most protein bars do. Oh and I'm a bit of a sample whore...lol I ask for them when I check out at supplement stores.so bbn I have a few samples packs of protein as well

Last edited:
The problem I have with the protein bars I've looked at, is they're so expensive. Many of them cost $2 or more per bar. So if you eat 2 bars per day, you're looking at an extra $30 per week added to your grocery bill. I'm not exactly a miser, and I earn a pretty decent salary, but $30 per week is a pretty big piece of the pie just to have some added protein on the go in your diet. And all of the bars I've looked at either have soy in them, or are "processed in a facility which produces soy" and soy is really bad for you, unless it's among the 2% of the soy here in the USA which comes from Japan. The other 98% that's produced in the USA is like a poison according to an article that I've read.

I know that a lot of the food we have at our local food stores is really bad for you, but if I'm going to be paying over $2 for each protein bar, then I expect it to be good for me, and clean. Just sayin' but this thread caught my attention because eating at work is a real challenge for me too as far as getting some good nutrition in me. It's definitely a weak point in my diet.

Last edited:
The problem I have with the protein bars I've looked at, is they're so expensive. Many of them cost $2 or more per bar. So if you eat 2 bars per day, you're looking at an extra $30 per week added to your grocery bill. I'm not exactly a miser, and I earn a pretty decent salary, but $30 per week is a pretty big piece of the pie just to have some added protein on the go in your diet. And all of the bars I've looked at either have soy in them, or are "processed in a facility which produces soy" and soy is really bad for you, unless it's among the 2% of the soy here in the USA which comes from Japan. The other 98% that's produced in the USA is like a poison according to an article that I've read.

I know that a lot of the food we have at our local food stores is really bad for you, but if I'm going to be paying over $2 for each protein bar, then I expect it to be good for me, and clean. Just sayin' but this thread caught my attention because eating at work is a real challenge for me too as far as getting some good nutrition in me. It's definitely a weak point in my diet.

Agreed most are junk and expensive, I actually make my own sometimes and also make “protein peanut butter balls”. Freeze them then throw them in my meal bag when I leave in the morning

IML Gear Cream!
I take it to the extreme and prep all my meals with a small cooler if I know I’ll be out all day which does happen with work more often than not
My days are always at least 12 hours if your really serious about meals I’d suggest getting a meal prep bag and a car oven sounds corny my buddy actually has one and it works it hooks up to your car like a usb or in port for a charge and it heats up your food

I take it to the extreme and prep all my meals with a small cooler if I know I’ll be out all day which does happen with work more often than not
My days are always at least 12 hours if your really serious about meals I’d suggest getting a meal prep bag and a car oven sounds corny my buddy actually has one and it works it hooks up to your car like a usb or in port for a charge and it heats up your food

I’m doing some research and trying to find the beat brand as we speak haha

I much rather prefer whole foods over shakes / bars ... my go to is: https://starkist.com/products/pouches ... quick and easy and no prep needed. Open and eat. I like Dave's killer bread for some quick and easy carbs that are decent.

Yeah bro soy is garbage. We buy mostly soy free as my daughter has a severe soy allergy (she thinks it's a punishment but has no idea how much she will benefit from a soy free diet). They are super expensive

Yeah bro soy is garbage. We buy mostly soy free as my daughter has a severe soy allergy (she thinks it's a punishment but has no idea how much she will benefit from a soy free diet). They are super expensive
Hey bro, I didn't really want to come across here like I was calling you out, cuz you seem like a cool dude, and I know you were trying to be helpful, but those Rx bars that you mentioned, while having a simple ingredient list like you stated, also say on the bottom of the label that they're "processed in a facility that cotains...." and soy is on that list. I guess you didn't know that. I just looked it up on thier website.

So don't really have soy as being directly added to their ingredients, but perhaps they may have residual effects of soy in them. IDK. I'm no expert on soy. I just know that it's really bad for you even if you don't have an allergy to it. Check it out man...

https://www.rxbar.com/shop/coconut-chocolate-protein-bars-box-of-12.html click on the "ingredients" tab. Here are the exact words: "Manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, soy and wheat"

Hey bro, I didn't really want to come across here like I was calling you out, cuz you seem like a cool dude, and I know you were trying to be helpful, but those Rx bars that you mentioned, while having a simple ingredient list like you stated, also say on the bottom of the label that they're "processed in a facility that cotains...." and soy is on that list. I guess you didn't know that. I just looked it up on thier website.

So don't really have soy as being directly added to their ingredients, but perhaps they may have residual effects of soy in them. IDK. I'm no expert on soy. I just know that it's really bad for you even if you don't have an allergy to it. Check it out man...

https://www.rxbar.com/shop/coconut-chocolate-protein-bars-box-of-12.html click on the "ingredients" tab. Here are the exact words: "Manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, soy and wheat"
Thank u. I don't consider that a call out my dude. I appreciate the info.
They (food processing ppl )also like to use clever wording such as xanthium gum(spelling) and in some cases but not all natural flavors, there are some gross sources for some of these, also if they don't specify letchin is more than likely a soy letchin (again spelling).
Poor kid can't eat most ice creams however HaloTop has a soy/dairy free icecream line. A godsend !

Last edited:
Thank u. I don't consider that a call out my dude. I appreciate the info.
They (food processing ppl )also like to use clever wording such as xanthium gum(spelling) and in some cases but not all natural flavors, there are some gross sources for some of these, also if they don't specify letchin is more than likely a soy letchin (again spelling).
Poor kid can't eat most ice creams however HaloTop has a soy/dairy free icecream line. A godsend !
Yep, I've noticed that about some lecithin too. Even the lecithin capsules. The stuff is supposed to be good for you, but now you have to watch it, because even the lecithin capsules you buy from vitamin places are made with SOY lecithin. My understanding is the motive for the food and vitamin companies to use soy is because it's dirt cheap. Soy in the USA is actually a byproduct of some manufacturing or proccessing methods, ( I don't really understand that though) and up until the past few years, companies used to have to actually pay to have the soy disposed of since it's catagorized as a regulated waste. But due to recent laws passed several years ago, now those same manufactures can sell the regulated soy waste to food companies and make money off it!!! And in turn food companies who buy soy at a dirt cheap price can mix it into their processed foods. So the stuff is in almost every type of food now in the stores that sold in a box or a bag.

Hey maybe your kid's allergy to soy is a blessing in disguise for you if it keeps you away from soy too.

Last edited:
It is a blessing for our whole family. It does make groceries a little more costly...but it's an investment in our health.

It is a blessing for our whole family. It does make groceries a little more costly...but it's an investment in our health.
Yep. And I know what you mean by it being more costly. Last week i went food shopping at the supermarket, and I wanted to buy some wheat bread that doesn't have soy in it. Well almost all of them do!! It really sucks!! That crap is in everything!!!! So I looked and had to read the ingredients list of all of the eight different brands of wheat bread the supermarket had on their shelf, and only one brand out of 8 didn't have soy in it. And wouldn't you know it was also the most expensive, ( $6 per loaf!!!). So I bought the last two loaves of it that they had on the shelf. And I hate to even walk into a healthfood store for any food, because everything there is BIG bucks. And some of it is still crap.

Last edited:
Yep. And I know what you mean by it being more costly. Last week i went food shopping, and I wanted to buy some wheat bread that doesn't have soy in it. Well almost all of them do!! It really sucks!! That crap is in everything!!!! So I looked and had to read the ingredients list of all of the eight different brands of what bread the supermarket had on their shelf, and only one brand out of 8 didn't have soy in it. And wouldn't you know it was also the most expensive, ( $6 per loaf!!!). So I bought the last two loaves of it that had on the shelf. And I hate to even walk into a healthfood store for any food, because everything there is BIG bucks. And some of it is still crap.
Yeah the less ingredients the more money...what a scam. I'm sure it goes all the way up the chain too. Instilling that we will one day develop a sickness so big pharma can swoop in and run our pockets. Hel ln most the crap the FDA calls safe is banned in most other countries. Have you ever seen what a real grape looks like compared to our GMO crap. Looks like a raisin.
Any way I cut it we are pretty much in the hands of the 1percent... ok I'm gunna stop.

Get Shredded!
Yeah the less ingredients the more money...what a scam. I'm sure it goes all the way up the chain too. Instilling that we will one day develop a sickness so big pharma can swoop in and run our pockets. Hel ln most the crap the FDA calls safe is banned in most other countries. Have you ever seen what a real grape looks like compared to our GMO crap. Looks like a raisin.
Any way I cut it we are pretty much in the hands of the 1percent... ok I'm gunna stop.
I hear ya. I wish I was one of those genetic elite who didn't have to worry about what I ate, and still grow like a weed, (although I guess that's slightly another topic sort of).

It amazed me when I read an article about Sergio Oliva (Sr.) that stated that during his prime in the 70's, he ate like crap, whch often inlcluded things like mcDonald's burgers, twinkies, oreo cookies, funny bones, etc etc and the guy still had a 28" waist and arms as big as Arnold's, (if not bigger) and a 57" chest at a height of 5' 9" and then in 1984 returns to compete in the Olympia, places 8th at 44 years old, and a few years after getting shot in the arm by his wife during a domestic conflict! But I digress.

Maybe if we all ate grass like horses, we would grow as big as one. Funny how animals can get so big eating a vegetarian diet...🤔🤔🤔🤔

Back